Author Topic: Little Map Issue  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Little Map Issue
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:52 am »
In my most recent map, I played around a bit with the Height Mask. The first one had a corner raised and a bit different smudges. Not much of a difference, eh? Well, now the map refuses to accept the new Height mask. And yes, I tpyed it right. In map maker, it's just fine, but in-game it has the old height mask. I'm not sure if it only shows up like that for me or if it's everyone, because no one's been in my map yet o3o This being part of the reason...So, any ideas? I need this map done soon, so any advice would help! ^^

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Little Map Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:06:31 am »
I'm having the same issue, and I know of a few others as well. It's having some issues with heightmaps, and I'm not sure if it's a related crash of the map maker or if something is wrong with some computers. My own issue is probably the latter, but I'm not too sure... I'll post if I find anything for you.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 05:53:58 am »
Make sure you don't have any exports laying around in the exports folder from an older version of the map.

Keep in mind that the actual MAP FOLDER that lays inside terrain, works as one map. If you export the map from the map maker without removing it later on it will ALSO work as a map, which means you will have two maps in cape with the same name, but only one of them leads to the one you work on in the map maker and make changes to.

If that's not your issue I'm not sure what it could be, it shouldn't really act the way you explain.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:59:07 pm »
well I just made a new map, its under default Terrain (same name also)  and i go into MapMaker to make my new map and its still flat! how do I make my mountains show up?
I need a new signature.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »
Make sure you don't have any exports laying around in the exports folder from an older version of the map.

Keep in mind that the actual MAP FOLDER that lays inside terrain, works as one map. If you export the map from the map maker without removing it later on it will ALSO work as a map, which means you will have two maps in cape with the same name, but only one of them leads to the one you work on in the map maker and make changes to.

If that's not your issue I'm not sure what it could be, it shouldn't really act the way you explain.

Aw, thanks Red! I had 2 .fhm files, one in terrains and one in exports. Now that I just have one, it's working again. ^^ I'm glad your smarter then I am xD