Author Topic: Felines VS Canines: who would win?  (Read 44719 times)

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Re: Felines VS Canines: who would win?
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 09:35:56 pm »
WOLVES ALL THE WAY! XD Becaus if the lion killes the wolf and it happend to be part of a pack the pack would come and fight for there dead pack member ^w^
Yes though it actually depends on what type of member. If it was an Omega they could merely care less since the Omega is like an outcast. I have to say both depending on what type of feline and canine.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 02:55:22 am »
The term 'omega' is an archaic, outdated term that is no longer used in modern scientific discussions of wolf pack hierarchy. There are no 'omegas' in true wild wolf packs, which consist of the breeding pair, the siblings of the breeding pair, and the breeding pair's pups. 'Alphas' and 'omegas' only exist in captive zoo packs, in which unrelated wolves are forced together and make an 'alpha/omega' hierarchy just to keep themselves from killing each other.

And Milkfur, remember that lions live in prides. Lions (and big cats in general) have superior stength and agility, as well as a higher bite force and retractable claws. A pack of wolves may be able to drive away a lone cougar simply because they strength in numbers, but an entire lion pride versus even a large pack of wolves is very likely to emerge victorious because they have better weapons as well as strength in numbers. It's like a group of people with swords versus another group of people with machine guns.

Felines are typically lone hunters who are built to ambush and quickly overpower prey, which is why they need those superior weapons just to survive from day to day. Canines are typically pack hunters who are built to run over long distances and slowly wear down their prey, so they don't need to have retractable claws and super-strength. This doesn't mean wolves are not strong. It just means they're not as strong as felines.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

asupersteven

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:04 am »
for shure felines i mean come on

Offline trystandragon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »
I think it depends on the species of canine and feline.  A wolf would kill a house cat, but a lion would kill a wolf.  Although on FH I usually see much more canines than felines, so they do have that advantage.  There's also those godmodders who think they can just run up and rip anyone's throat out....  Or crush all the bones in their body in a single blow...  Or eat their souls...  But honestly I'm really not sure who would win.

Offline Bloodshade

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 01:06:24 am »
I have to say, all facts point to the species of felines. I love both creatures, but cat's out number canids. Cat's have large, strong canines, even if there where wolves, they could only bring down a few cats and wound some of the rest. and if youcount in dogs and hyenas, they would still hardly make a dent in the many species of cats that have enough differenceinstreangth and agility, only about a fith could be brought down in a fight between species.

in short, Felines would win.

Offline Sophie0291

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 03:49:17 pm »
I love wolves, but wolf model in Feralheart looks strange and felines look more realistic so I think that felines win.

dragonr1der

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 06:21:56 pm »
Look on the odds in FH. Theres more Canines then Felines. And see more "House cat" Felines then pure outloud lions. Canines out number the Felines. but the Strangth of Canines and Felines depends on the Speices. Wolf, dog, Couger, house cat, lion etc. I say a Tie between both.
My pont.

Offline Uncharted

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »
If its big cat (tigers-lions) versus big dog, (wolves/hyena?) felines for sure. I love wolves, but they aren't the strongest things out there.

Offline sarabi26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • i hope you're having a great day!
    • malevolenthyena
    • hallucinatingmutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »
FF! Don't know what it means? Tough then, you probably don't play Felines.
hi, i'm frankie!

the cub

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 01:29:48 am »
I vote feline for the simple fact that they are larger and more powerful, and as said by many is that it would have to depend on the species.

So I think felines would win.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:34:48 am by the_cub »