Author Topic: Felines VS Canines: who would win?  (Read 44289 times)

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Felines VS Canines: who would win?
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 03:51:24 am »
The largest lion:

Height: 4 feet
Weight: 550lbs
Teeth: 4 inches
Claws: 5 inches
Speed: 35 mph
Jumping: 11-14 feet high, length 36 feet
Bite force: 1,000lbs

The largest wolf:

Height: 3 and a half feet
Weight: 175 lbs
Teeth: 2 inches
Claws: 4-5 inches
Speed: 45 mph
Jumping: 6 ft high, 5-10 feet length
Bite force: 700lbs

Felines would win, even though they are slower, they're larger, heavier, their teeth are longer, they jump a higher and longer distance, and their bitre force is alot stronger.

(( This is none of my imformation, I got this from some one eles I don't know who but this isn't mine. ))

~~Alaskan~~

Offline wolfsoul99

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • this pic has no reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 03:53:31 pm »
yes but you are saying largest vs largest. say if it was grey wolf vs some thing like a snow leopard the wolf would win.
If it was tiger vs wolf the tiger would win. and you could add more than one of each into the fight.

just relax

Offline starlight1234

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »
Well, it depends. Wolves having more with numbers in size, but yet Feline having more bulk and sheer power. I would have to say if a Lion was to fight 1 on 1 with a wolf. The Lion would be winning although, Wolves have sharp teeth and fast reactions with a Lion is more heavily built in many ways with a jaw and skull weighing close to 80kg together that Lion, would be a dangerous competitor to battle with. I would say it would be a draw if the Lion was smaller but the amount of power a Lion puts, into its bite would bring the Wolf down for a little before the Lion uses his powerful claws. Its hard to say with the amount of power both animals cause with energy in fighting, its hard to say until it happens. But i would say..With a Lion using power and bulk, then to a Wolf using speed and aggression a Feline would take the bait.

~~~Starlight1234~~~

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
Hmm...there are and can be many different answers to this question. If you mean the most generic canines/felines on FH (wolf and lion) were fighting, then the lion would win hands down. But with the many different species and the infinite amount of situations, the answers would be dfferent every time. If you put one or two wolves up against a big cat, say a lion or tiger, the cat would probably win. Put a wolf up against an ocelot and the wolf would likely be the winner. Fox against an ocelot and the ocelot might win, though this seems more like a fair fight. Take a pack of wolves and set them up against a lion, the wolves would likely win because of their numbers, but have a pride vs pack war then I figure the pride would win.
Big cats like lions and tigers are bulkier than most canids. Their teeth and claws are a lot bigger, and basically just their size in general. They're built for hunting alone, though lions would be an acception. Canids like wolves and maybe African Wild Dogs are smaller and more social than tigers and leopards. Their pack is their greatest strength. A wolf could easily take down prey in a group, but might struggle on their own.
So yeah. Depends on the situation.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:14:05 am by Larka »
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline puppy 12

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Meow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »
You know what ONE MORE POST FROM ME! It really depends  on the wolves style of killing. If it just went in straight for the kill a bit to the neck !Bam! Wolf wins! So Lions maybe ' Bigger, Bulkier' Wolves are 'Smarter!' and that makes a huge difference

don't click this link... Please DONT

Meep Meep.

If you need help including the Game or Forum PM me!

ATTENTION! I shall be inactive for the next couple of weeks, but I will still be able to get on.

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »
Definitly felines, Also, Not to be rude but... ^ Wolfaboo.
Anyways, The felines have large powerful claws, Teeth suited for ripping flesh, And their tongues are Made for ripping meat off after the prey is dead. And if we're talking about Lions, A pride? A wolf pack wont stand a chance against a pride. Felines, In groups, Gang up and target one, Taking them down one by one, With the execption of a couple Run-Aways.
I got to agree with Crystal(lol_lion) all the things she said was true Felines with strong powerful jaw, and cannies well not much as much as I like Cannies the Felines would win this battle
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »
well thats if we are talking about wild cats ^^ if it was a house cat against a dog the dog would win (I am still going with lions though because even so a dog just bark at the cat and chase it. it won't do much, some house or stary cats will fight back)

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »
Hmm...there are and can be many different answers to this question. If you mean the most generic canines/felines on FH (wolf and lion) were fighting, then the lion would win hands down. But with the many different species and the infinite amount of situations, the answers would be dfferent every time. If you put one or two wolves up against a big cat, say a lion or tiger, the cat would probably win. Put a wolf up against an ocelot and the wolf would likely be the winner. Fox against an ocelot and the ocelot might win, though this seems more like a fair fight. Take a pack of wolves and set them up against a lion, the wolves would likely win because of their numbers, but have a pride vs pack war then I figure the pride would win.
Big cats like lions and tigers are bulkier than most canids. Their teeth and claws are a lot bigger, and basically just their size in general. They're built for hunting alone, though lions would be an acception. Canids like wolves and maybe African Wid Dogs are smaller and more social than tigers and leopards. Their pack is their greatest strength. A wolf could easily take down prey in a group, but might struggle on their own.
So yeah. Depends on the situation.
well the way you put it Larka your right it mostly depends on the situation of what they up against (ex: a wolf vs lion, Tiger vs hynena, house cat vs  stray dog, and so on)

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »
Felines. Wolves are more of hunting animals, and possess the hunting skills for these sort of things. Male lions fight in real life, and all prides chase off animals wanting to eat the cubs. Lions just have the edge C;
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations

Offline puppy 12

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Meow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2012, 08:11:13 pm »
Forests sometimes wolves eat there pups xD

don't click this link... Please DONT

Meep Meep.

If you need help including the Game or Forum PM me!

ATTENTION! I shall be inactive for the next couple of weeks, but I will still be able to get on.