Author Topic: FH+ appears malicious? (Solved)  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Doylj

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
FH+ appears malicious? (Solved)
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
Thanks for the help guys, but i figured it out on my own. This can be locked now. :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:30:19 pm by Alen »

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
Re: FH+ appears malicious?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »
It's just your Antivirus not recognizing it as a "standard" program by a big-time author. It is perfectly safe to download. McAfee and Norton tend to go off on perfectly safe files just because of that reason.

Offline Doylj

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »
It's just your Antivirus not recognizing it as a "standard" program by a big-time author. It is perfectly safe to download. McAfee and Norton tend to go off on perfectly safe files just because of that reason.

FH and FH+ are by the same author, and my antivirus didn't go crazy when i downloaded FH. -wonders why that is-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:26:46 pm by Alen »

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:56 am »
I have Norton. It usually explodes with "Malicious software warnings" whenever I try to download something that's safe to install.

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Soratha

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • what is this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:00:58 am »
OMG when I got FH+ it kinda freaked and said "this file may harm your computer" or something to that effect.
So I dismissed the notice and ran a security scan on it and it said it was perfectly fine. I was like: WHAT!? ???
and things went fine afrerwords.
My computer only freaked on that one. The original one was fine.

Does it delete it when you try to open it? if that's what it does, try opening the folder it downloaded to, right-clicking on it, and tell it to run a security scan on it. It should say it's fine, then try opening it.
(I'll warn you: Most of the maps were taken out, Getting lost in the new ficho is easier than reading a forum,  when you make a character you can't give it wings [but you can use winged characters from the original version], I don't think the characters you make will work in the original version, you have to move all of your animals to bonfire before switching or you will get a black screen, and the few scenes that are left change. ALOT.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:19:25 am by Runningtalon »

Inugamiz

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:48 am »
Incorrect. That program that is used to install FH+ is malicious and has a bad history. Not FH+ itself. Plus FH+ is not made by the same person as the owner of FH.
FH+=Simba
FH=Kovu
Second, there is a way. I wanted to download Red's Map Pack but Norton was saying it's a malicious file... which it could possibly be, and so I searched through Norton and found a way to stop it from blocking and deleting it. I would explain but I need to know if you have Norton first before explaining.

Offline Doylj

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:54 pm »
Incorrect. That program that is used to install FH+ is malicious and has a bad history. Not FH+ itself. Plus FH+ is not made by the same person as the owner of FH.
FH+=Simba
FH=Kovu
Second, there is a way. I wanted to download Red's Map Pack but Norton was saying it's a malicious file... which it could possibly be, and so I searched through Norton and found a way to stop it from blocking and deleting it. I would explain but I need to know if you have Norton first before explaining.

both norton and mcafee