Author Topic: Some feedback  (Read 10373 times)

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
Re: Some feedback
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:23:00 pm »
Yes :P

I have a few technical critiques, if anyone cares to hear them.

- My first and foremost issue is that you can't see the gates/portals on the minimap. It's very frustrating if you're trying to get to a specific map and you don't know the lay of the lands, so to speak ;_; I spent over 15 minutes yesterday just running around looking for a certain gate and that gets old very quickly. On IT you could see portals on the mini maps, which was a very neat feature, so this feels like a downgrade on that matter. Sure, it's cooler perhaps to actually know your way around without having to use the minimap, but what then is the minimap for? Wasn't that the reason why one was put in IT in the first place? xP

- Similar thing, you can't see other players that aren't on your Friends list on the mini map any more either. This is also a bit of a shame, since then you don't know where the other people are. It could also help for people with lagging issues to know where a crowd is so that they can avoid them if they want.

- A minor thing, but it's bugging me slightly anyway; pressing Tab won't hide Chat window and name tags any more. I'd like at least some shortcut to hiding name tags, as I usually don't want to see them on my screenshots and, by the time I've pressed Esc, gone on Options and looked up and clicked the "Show name tags" box, the screenshot opprtunity might be gone xP A way to hide the menu buttons at the bottom would be neat as well, for screenshot purposes.

- It also strikes me how small Bonfire Island is. I always get lots of lagging there, because so many players are gathered in such a, relatively, small area, and it's a little troublesome to have that be the starting map. I would like to suggest a larger default map?

And I think those were the major ones. Just little things, but they bug me D= Otherwise, of course, nice work, staffers! C:

Also no mean comments, please; this is the Opinions board and these are my opinions.
I agree, Kanu xD

Thats why in the Tunnel is a Waterfall which you cant climb back up.
Since...
When...
Is...
There...
A...
Portal...
In...
Bonfire?!?!
I don't remember a waterfall there, either O.O

~Infinity117
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:27:23 pm by EternalSnowyClaw »
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:57 pm »
I must admit your ideas sound a bit different though I have to admit with your idea of seeing the portals on your mini map is a fairly good idea. I would enjoy seeing that happen, and would definitely see it easier for newer members to find places.

Though with your second idea of seeing other players that are not your friends on the mini map makes me believe that it would soon become too cluttered. So many dot, and unable to find your friends with ease I would find it to be a small bit of a booger.

Your third idea I would also not mind seeing happen. The tags would be a nice thing to see vanish as well, but we can also easily go in the options menu and solve that small issue ourselves. ^^

Also seeing Bonfire be a bit less laggy would be nice. If it grew some to eliminate the lag that would be wonderful. I know I would visit it a bit more often, but then again it s an island, and I would not expect the island to grow more.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:41:00 pm by Hallowreena_NQ »

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 11:37:40 pm »
This thread is from 2011 - please do not necro old threads! o.o;