Author Topic: Click To learn about my 3D game!  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Re: Click To learn about my 3D game!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:43 am »
yeah i know how hard it will be, but one of my life goals is to make a nice game representing my dream world before collage. only got a few more years until that's roasted ._.

i actually suck at using blender lol, have no idea how to add textures or sculpt characters. but as far as coding goes in learn sorta fast. there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be done like hireing staff and stuff (i have no friends irl to help me) to help with the game's design,meshes programmers ect.

i can confirm that this project is a absolute go and people can start looking forward to it (even though nothing game-wise is done yet)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:48 am »
Its one of my life goals too. I would love to create a 3D game too. Mine would be about birds of prey. But as far as my mesh making skills go, it aint gonna happen any time soon.

Theres always tutorials on the Blender site and YouTube. I usually take time to watch them, they help. Unfortunately i cant find any tutorials on animals, only time lapsed ones which sucks.

In my opinion i would start off with a single player game before paying for a server. See how it goes before making a multiplayer.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58:22 am »
i was thinking that too, if i make a multiplayer first it will most likely swarm with trolls and hackers, and i can't pay for a server lol, no credit card.
making a single player version first would be easier but i'm not planning on doing this alone, i can't get ogre3D (which is needed) and if i did everything by myself this game can never be finished

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:48 pm »
I wish there was a game making class somewhere, that would be very helpful. I dont have a credit card either, it would be good if i had super rich parents or something. Then i would pay for a server, i dont know how or where to get a server from though.

If my internet was faster i would take time to watch modeling and animation videos. Then i would actually be useful to your game.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »
In Michigan, the College of Creative Studies in Detroit has a 3 month summer program for several weeks where high school students can sign up for several courses, one of them includes 3D character animation and creation, though it probably focuses more on the Pixar aspect than gaming aspect (not that I care, if I can scrape up the cash, I'm totally signing up for the 3 week program to get 3 college credits in July).

There's a lot of ways to get ahead in terms of what you want to do, most of it happens in watching colleges and looking for summer programs, or teaching yourself to understand things like "C++ for Dummies" (which I most certainly DO NOT understand despite the two years I've owned my copy xD).

If I ever make a game before I make it to college, it'll be a first player remake of LION from 1995. That game was GREAT, if TREMENDOUSLY hard. The idea of positioning your pride to take out large prey was a wonderful idea, but the overworld, Pokemon-like camera setting over the characters made it incredibly hard to keep track of your prey and your pride to make it very useful at times, and thus made it very, very frustrating. I have concepts of all kinds to program the "character switch" and "synchronized hunting" tactics in that game amazing, though I have next to no clue how to program it...and I know squat about AI and setting up OGRE to begin with @_@

The most I know from what I've learned in trying to make a game from all my attempts is how basic things work, not to every detail, but at least a grasp at how certain things work and a general acceptance to model bugs (it's what I get from noticing animation flaws in games like Okami and Zelda, I guess)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:03 pm »
right now i'm trying to figure out how to download ogre 3D (so far i can't find it or get it to work right) i used the demo and it's amazing

L0ner

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:01 pm »
I have blender but I suck at using it, I'm still learning, so I am about to ask if I could draw up some monsters and worlds for you?

I do really want to help with your game Alex-

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:22 pm »
yeah you can, the rules of the contest states that you can use a 3D model or draw one up on paper or a art program

Offline Kingslay

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • The Map-Maker ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 07:06:16 pm »
I think I might try and make a model...or just skecth up something.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 11:52:11 pm »
I have a marking thing done, but as I said on DA how do we even enter? You haven't made that very clear at all.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho