Author Topic: Mate Center  (Read 23390 times)

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Mate Center
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:21 pm »
Exactly ahaha

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:04 pm »
Can I be unsubscribed from this post??

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 10:35:07 pm »
Rent-A-Mate........ ;]
Obsessed With A Creature

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 12:42:55 am »
Can I be unsubscribed from this post??

Only you can do that, and that would only be for your email, not here.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:06 pm »
Honestly, this idea is just going to currupt itself in the end. Dont you see what it'll be doing? It'll be telling people: Hey! Here! Have a mate without even knowing them! You get it the easy way!"

Yeah. No. A player should have to earn their mate through Rp, as many RPs just end up being. Dramafests.

Of course, i made an RP on this cause though. Everyone is completely literate and no begging or raping of any sort. Pretty simple.

Thus leading me to the idea of possibly a more romantic map ( An RP Only area; No chatting/OOC) that people who want a mate can go and RP and find one? :3

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 02:03:17 am »
...In game I found a mate center where they were pairing everyone up and each pair had to...well yeah. It turned into one of the ugliest things I've ever seen on bonfire...and I've seen a lot of ugly things.

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • .:Let's be heros in our own destiny:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 01:14:08 pm »
I usually rp to improve my English.Well in rps I find someone I like and if he likes me bam we love each other :3.About that Sameth I was a pup wanting parents and then I was looking for Adoption centre.You see then many adult chars wanting mates...">_>......<_<"....God....

Offline CadyD16

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Razors for friends. ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »
To be honest, the first time I ever saw a 'Mate Center' in Bonfire, I rolled my eyes. XD Then I told my friend about it, and she said "Oh, God no. x.x".

I don't support this, truthfully. Most recently, the closest I've come to having a mate in FH is the roleplays I've been having with my friends. One of their characters and mine would be showing romantic interests for one another, and we'd all laugh/joke/gush about it OOC like it's some crack/romance pairing in a famous fandom, or something. XD We didn't think of the characters as US. We, in a sense, considered them very real beings in a book that we were all writing together.

But, to get back on topic, I refuse to believe FH is turning into a dating service for people to come on with their only intention to become someone's 'mate'. In a certain way, I find it very close-minded of some people. If you meet someone OOC who's personality happens to interest you in a... certain way... (I've been there ;3) then great! I know there's no way to stop what's going on, but all the same, that's my opinion.

And another thing, before I forget: The... the problems with 'rape' on here? Anyone who has been on Impressive Title way back when, including myself, could say that that has always been going on. FH didn't just start that new, vulgar trend.
But in my personal opinion, I don't think it's that big of a deal when dragged into a game like this. I mean, the subject matter is a big deal, no doubt, and I'm sure several people on here don't like to think about that sort of thing when they go on to play a supposedly innocent game.

But if you're mature enough, and you're not the type to get disturbed over it, then I don't see why that should make you want to report those people. If you think about it, all they're doing is making their model stand over your's and turning on a built-in simulation for the model to do on cue. Perhaps they throw in a few filthy remarks in the chat, but that's about it.

Maybe this is just me being my desensitized self again, not really getting all that offended by anything someone says or does online.

But anyway, I do believe many here have good points of their own. :D

(And by the way: I do apologize for any miss-spellings/stuff that doesn't make any sense in this post. I'm excruiatingly tired right now. DX )

----------------

EDIT; Okay, because I foresee a large amount of bashing heading my way for what I just previously said, let me take the time to say that I wasn't kidding when I said I was half asleep when I wrote it out, and I'd like to rephrase myself.

People who 'rape' others need to get reported, no doubt. But not for their computer-generated actions. The only reason they should get reported is for their disgusting state of mind in thinking something like that is funny. We don't need people like that on here.

It gets on my nerves, however, to know that stuff like that annoys people. And not the type of annoyance sparking from this thread (the annoyance that knows better), but the victims themselves. This is where what I mentioned in my previous post comes to play; No one should take in-game, non-literate 'rapists' seriously. They're not worth anyone's time.

If someone comes up to you in-game and, as they say, starts 'raping' you, you can quite easily block them, or get up and walk away. You don't have to just sit there, complain about how disgusted you are, and quite plainly whine. It's a free world, and it's not like you're rooted to the spot. XD

Now, I think that sums up my second point a little better.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:18:33 am by CadyD16 »

YukiWereWolf

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:18 pm »
There is already 'ADOPTION CENTER' 'MATCH MAKERS' and stuff like that already that spam the chat box till it's dead. >.> I wouldn't mind so much about the 'ADOPTION CENTERS' though, more the match makers. You really don't need to beg for mates, you get them naturally by being nice to people etc. etc. etc. (Not going to into much detail) So the mate center is a no need. This would probably increase the number of mate beggers, sorry to say.

Offline Lunarwing11

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Meow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:31 am »
I personally disagree, because as many have already stated, rape and other problems would appear. Actually, I saw one of these in bonfire today and sat down without knowing. I got about 5 different people asking me to be their mate. And in all honesty, Feralheart was made for RPing, NOT to be a virtual animal dating game.

Ingame: Lunarwing11
Join my RP?