Poll

Dimensions?

Yes!
86 (84.3%)
No!
16 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.  (Read 20736 times)

TealSkeletore

Re: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »
@Jazz, that's alright. I guess I should apologize too. Sometimes I get a little bit carried away xD

@Gem, I didn't get to respond to you before since you ninja'd me but I agree with you about the chat. It's a little frustrating that we have to see all of them at the same time. I think Kov is going to fix that eventually. I'm not sure if Kov actually did say there wouldn't be dims. I haven't seen it actually come from his own text but a lot of people who are in contact with him have said that.

@Sly, Thank you but you don't have to defend me Sly, though I do appreciate it :)

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:06 am »
@Sly I apologized so theres no reason to keep that going. I admit that was a little bit on the snappy side, i do have respect but once again, dealing with a short fused person here.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 12:14:41 am »
@Teal, Ah, thanks. And sorry about being all ninja. xD I do that a lot.

Kirsui

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:01 am »
Hm, if I may? :)

put yourself in our shoes, and think about how we feel

Yes, dimensions would seem like a good way to get away from a crowd and be with just the people you want to be with. It'd be a quick and easy way for a normal user to pull away from a crowd that is causing a lot of lag.

However, the same can be said for maps (like Teal has pointed out several times). While it is a tiny bit more work to run to a portal and on a different map, it does do the trick (point proven today when moving from Fluorite Plains to Tempe of Dreams). Also, this way you still have the chance of meeting new people and possibly expanding the list of users you like to be with. With dimensions, it's less likely (when thinking of how the dimensions were on IT).

Also, no dimensions = easier for moderators to keep an eye on what's going on and to pick out / find possible problems. While dimensions on IT were an awesome thing for the normal users, they were a pain in the butt for mods and admins. Everything just spread out too wide and became out of control.

So yes.. While I do see the majority's point of view, I'm still against dimensions. :P

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 12:48:56 am »
@Kirsui - As some have said before, the only difference if we got dims back would be a totally smaller amount. I.T. had 1 - 100 which was... WAAAYYYYY too many. As for the maps thing, (tested today) i tried going on one of my characters that were in flouride, and it just so happens EVERY TIME i got on her, It would disconnect me from the server because of the massive lag, and then i'd get the bad token error. So i never got to really 'escape'. In the mod's perspective.. Is it really that hard to track someone down for making trouble? XD I wouldn't know since im not one.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 02:18:57 am »
Well the person who reported them could always say which dimension they are in, but then they can just quickly jump dimensions and avoid the moderator :/

Kirsui

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
As some have said before, the only difference if we got dims back would be a totally smaller amount. I.T. had 1 - 100 which was... WAAAYYYYY too many.
I took that on account when posting my thoughts before. :)

Anyway, I agree with what Teal said. It can be very troublesome from time to time, even if the amount of dimensions was limited.

But..! Anyway.. I'm not going to complain too much if Kov sometime decides to add dimensions. It's his game, after all. If he decides to add something I personally wouldn't be too fond of, I'll just try to live with it. (The mini-map is one example of such things. I wasn't too fond of it at first but I'm rather fine with it at the moment. *shrug*)

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 06:15:27 pm »
@Kirsui - Gotta remember, the game itself is new :B So, who knows. We may get them in the next update or so. It isn't our game, we're just making suggestions.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »
Oh, and... @Kirsui: You know, you can turn the minimap off... ;P Sorry if you already knew, just saying since you said that you weren't too fond of it.

WindzLaLa

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:18 am »
I use the map to keep track of friends, haha-

But on-topic;

I am reading this, and with an open mind, I can say I really don't want dims. They are portals, basically, no? So... why not just create a new portal? Or use your view distance thing to your advantage? x3