Author Topic: General advertisments?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: General advertisments?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 06:46:46 am »
My thoughts exactly, everything Red has just said.

I've come to just despise General Chat altogether, I mostly hang around the private maps of my pack and the only time I ever go out to Fluorite is to recruit, which, of course, we need General Chat to do so. Otherwise, how else do people get RPers? I could tolerate and ignore most of the immature and unintelligent gibberish people discuss through the chat, it's only when they start getting mad at us ('us' being my pack and I) for advertising, and shouting at us that it's not allowed, that I get irritated.

When this happens, though, just telling them (calmly, I should add) what I have just stated above and how general chat is for that reason since FH was mainly made for RP in the first place usually keeps them quiet, it worked for me anyway. You don't want to try and continue the argument by being harsh and insulting the other person, which people usually do. It won't really make it better but worse, so just being civil and well mannered, even if the person was just plain rude and irritating, prevents a huge fight and everyone could continue doing what they were doing.

After that's settled, just keep posting your advertisements until you get a decent amount of people, also make them sound interesting and to the point so you have other's interest. Reason why I'm pointing these points out is because of what Red said about the problem probably not going to be solved for sometime yet. I hope this helps.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...