Author Topic: Anyone else notice this?  (Read 4346 times)

CloudFish

Re: Anyone else notice this?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »
Aye, I realized how anti-Kov that had sounded and edited while you were typing your response.

I think the point being made here, by all parties is that maps added into the original Feral Heart game is wanted by some, pressed by others, and all ultimately  in the hands of Kov, who of which isn't taking all the steps forward to move forward. And while players do not have the right to /demand/ new maps, asking and throwing ideas out never hurt.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 09:21:44 pm »
Aye.. This thread doesn't really give the greatest of vibes and I'm probably to blame for that. But people should get some points across honestly, or at least be able to see the bigger picture.

I do believe that maps will get added if things go well in the future so this subject we trailed onto is a bit meh since work is done to get it resolved or at least parts of it.

In ways this thread could be wrong, but at the same time I feel like people should read and understand this, if not kov, WE ourselves are the ones deciding what will happen, and nothing will happen if we just sit quiet pretending we are perfectly happy.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Necromancy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »
Eh, I completely understand your point, and I do agree with most of it, but I still don't think it's fair that we ask Kovu to make more maps.
He could hand the game over to someone else, but they might ruin it completely, and, like Red said, they wouldn't know how to work the game and thus probably wouldn't progress either.
We definitely do need Kovu to be more active, but seriously, asking him to make tonnes and tonnes of things probably won't help. Maybe have one person ask him to make one thing at a time, maybe once a month or so if the users are asking for things. <-- Stupid idea.
There's no end to this argument. Kovu's unlikely to become more active or progress with the game for either the reasons I've put forward, or some other reasons of his own.
Ultimately, I do think he should do at least a little to help this game, seeing as he /made/ it, but we shouldn't push our luck, as I said earlier, and ask him to do countless things, because everyone gets fed up eventually.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 09:52:52 pm »
No one really said kov should make maps in this thread though and no one is pushing their luck as far as I know.

Personally I think it has been surprisingly quiet at times when it comes to this subject. There is no extreme work that is needed for kov if someone does the majority of the mapping, you are focusing too much on the whole situation about kov being the one that must make these maps, as mentioned earlier he's far from forced doing so since there's those capable of doing this exact task and willing to as well.

You are really correct, but it's not only kov that will get fed up, but users in general or those trying to help with the community and game will give up as well, as long as the game is some sort of motion everything will work out eventually. But really, I can see changes to the maps in not a too distant future, lets see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:00:16 pm by Red »

Offline Necromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:31 am »
That's sort of what I meant by the map competition. If we had one, say, once every six months and added the three winning maps to the game, then Kovu wouldn't have to make maps; just put them into the game. This could also be something for all the users to look forwards to, whether it be competing or just wanting to explore the new maps.
Or, y'know, just get a few willing people to make a couple of maps a year and send them to Kovu to test and put them in the game...

I understand that it's not just Kovu that might be fed up, but I'm not sure there's a way that will entirely satisfy everyone here.

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:05 pm »
I like the idea of a map competition and the people who want more maps can get them by either making it themselves or have Kov put them in as more places to explore which the people want dearly but, Kov has other things to do than create maps for everyone. I agree that there should be a map competition and whichever ones Kov chooses he puts them into the game for the people who wanted more maps so badly, gets them.

I like the maps that are already in the game, they are actually pretty well designed and even though I have explored them to each corner, I don't complain about there not being enough maps. At least there are quite a few maps to explore and hang out in and also I think people ask for the maps is because they are too lazy to download maps made by users or just don't give a bit for how hard it can be to create maps.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:35:37 pm by ? .::SilverMoonWolf::. ? »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:31 pm »
You guys make it sound more easy than it actually is.

There's reasons why things like official map packs got in a separate download, reasons why the maps are big and empty. But if you honestly think these maps are well designed and good looking you would get a heart attack by playing on a decent custom map.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:55:01 pm by Red »

CloudFish

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »
That's Red's way of saying to go download his map pack, in subliminal message-style.

I agree with the competition idea. Again, there's the issue of getting Kov to add them in. So that creates difficulties with the whole idea.

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »
I would expect a custom to be much better compared to the default maps already in the game, the maps are quite empty but they are at least something and nothing at all. Even if they have no chance against a well designed custom. I am not really praising the default maps just saying how they are at least a map.

I know that there would be an issue of that and it has it's reasons...

Offline Necromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 10:33:44 am »
Well, the whole point in there being a map competition type thing is so that Kovu doesn't have to do as much work. All he'd have to do is add the winning maps to the game. Really, he should be able to do that much.
To be blunt, if he refuses even to do /that/, then he really shouldn't be totally in charge of the whole game. And yes, in case anybody decides to tell me that I'm not seeing the entire, difficult picture, alright, I'm probably not. Even so, I do understand how difficult it would be for any of this to really actually happen, but my point is that it may be easier to have other, willing people make the maps, and then have Kovu just add them to the game. I also do understand how hard it'd be to even get Kovu to do that, but only Kovu can choose when he wants to update the game, so there's nothing that can be done there.
This wouldn't only be less work for Kovu; there'd be excitement over the actual competition and the idea of having your map be a default one, as well as people who are just excited about having new maps, /and/ it would settle the constant need for new maps.
Obviously, this is still unlikely to ever happen, 'tis just a suggestion.