Author Topic: Rant about Godmodders  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
Re: Rant about Godmodders
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:28 am »
No it's godmodding. Trolling, they would try to get me angry with their words while technically they were fighting. But personally I think trolling/godmodding is the same thing.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:11 pm »
Honestly, I've never had much trouble with godmodders/trolls simply because my default reaction is to act like they aren't there and carry on. If it gets bad, I give them one warning, then block them if they're still at it. No fuss, no rage, and the RP goes on. It's actually surprising how many stop if you just say you'll block them.

Granted, if they just don't know what they're doing, it's different, but most are just out to get a reaction.

Offline DaemonReaver

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:30 am »
This is a great post. This is also the reason why I never get into RP fights, because it just simply isn't going to be fair. I was playing as a zombie yesterday in an unrealistic Roleplaying scene. I tried to play and act as a zombie, but I just didn't get the fair chances. I was "killed instantly" with the other wolf transforming into a massive werewolf and somehow smashing its body into the ground to cause somesort of massive quake and killing all the zombies that existed. Eh, I even acted as if I was weak because I fallen over when he pushed me. So I gave up Roleplaying shortly and so I thought I'd take a break and talk in General. I told the Godmodder I wasn't Roleplaying anymore, so he and the other wolf that shot arrows at me and decided to trash talk - Showing no respect over a fellow roleplayer. These were probably youngsters, I don't blame them considering they wouldn't understand. So I just give up Roleplay fights.
There is no signature...

Offline Zatasha

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • BADGERS not included, some assembly required.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:11 pm »
Just block and move on. Godmodding isn't really something you can report to a mod, since everybody is going to have a different definition of godmodding. It's better to get rid of their influence and not get yourself flustered/end up breaking TOS by cursing/using abusive language toward them when they piss you off. Also... you may want to move to a less-used location on the map, if this sort of thing happens terribly often. The less plains-y sections of Fluorite are usually empty 2-8 Eastern time.

Offline MistFur

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • My Misty is the BEST Wild-Dog EVER :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 07:44:40 am »
Just block them and keep a record of the Pack, so you don't join it in future. The last bit may seem mean, but seriously, you don't want to be part of trolling, powerplaying, or godmodding. Because that behaviour doesn't gain friends.
Just remember they are being stupid, and they obviously don't care about how others think of them.

:D
Signature made by ME! Taking Requests for them ;D
http://IHATESKYLANDERS.deviantart.com/?givepoints Click this and give me points for a Premium Membership o3o. Oh and the more I get the more I can give other Premium Membership ;D

LIVESTREAMING: https://join.me/936-227-680