Author Topic: Game Freezes Quite Often  (Read 941 times)

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And if you believe in me, then stand and fight
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Game Freezes Quite Often
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
So, I have FH installed on my desktop computer, which runs Vista.  Now, I never had any problems.  But, starting about a week ago, my game will freeze, and I'll be unable to close it.  When it freezes, it logs me out, so I'm able to open another window and start up again.  Often, though, this will freeze also.  One window will say "FeralHeart (Not Responding)" and the other will just say "FeralHeart."

The Antivirus running on this computer is Norton, and is activated.  So... Help?  :(
[Insert some kind of image that still needs to be made here]

CloudFish

Re: Game Freezes Quite Often
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »
Firstly Norton is a horrible Anti-Virus service, I suggest Avast or AVG.

As for crashing, if you're losing connection it will cause your game to crash. Try moving close to modem or checking connection.

Reinstalling might also be of interest for you. Using the latest setup.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: Game Freezes Quite Often
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »
Firstly Norton is a horrible Anti-Virus service, I suggest Avast or AVG.

As for crashing, if you're losing connection it will cause your game to crash. Try moving close to modem or checking connection.

Reinstalling might also be of interest for you. Using the latest setup.

I Completely disagree with Norton being a horrible anti virus it is actually one of the best ones. It is very picky yes with programs, but learns when u start taking them out of quarntine not to do it again. Has saved me from many virus's before.

Now Crashing can be caused by few things. Lately server has been really full so many ppl have been crashing, always check how many ppl are online when u come on to the forum here at the top left hand corner, if its alot then that'll be proly why. When you get crashed out of game, do not open up another window give it a few mins. The game at times does not know you have crashed so your character remains there sitting in game waiting to DC  so when you try getting on again itll just crash again. Now i cant be for sure, but if its crashing for you all the time now the second you even start the Feralheart program then that could be something completely different like a map file or particle file.