Author Topic: The Crow  (Read 4771 times)

Offline blueroseknight95

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • *casually licks your screen*
    • yumimomochi95
    • View Profile
    • Find It in Your Heart To Role-Play!
Re: The Crow
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »
@ Galiou: Ok, that is fine. May I explain, however?

Her eyes show her emotion, because she has a hard time expressing it herself.

She killed her sister, because she has a darker side that comes out at the most random of times, especially because of witnessing that sister she killed drown the baby sister. But she is still kind, when she's not all... how to put this, without cussing? Ticked off.

The raining blood is because when birds fly while molting, it starts to rain blood. It's practically a figure of speech. It's a sign of anger, where she's from. The kind of feathers that's from the bird you're named after rains (figuratively) as well as their malting feathers.

The jet black water is because of her darker side. It tends to leak out into the world as it seethes and breathes within her head. It's also a defense/attack.

Her character is as "original" as it gets, because she's of my own design, as well as her species. Her powers are centered around the character of the Crow, and she's trying to live against the name.

Her howl is regular, it just seems like she's singing. (Yet, another figurative prospect.) She was actually unlikeable by her mother, because she wasn't as brightly colored as the Macaw.

Critiques can also see through the figurative objects.
Sorry for my absence. I've been dealing with� ex boyfriend problems�

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 04:50:35 pm »
Hmm.
There still isn't a reason for her eyes to change in color.

Also, darker sides are very cliche. Is she cursed? It would make a little more sense if you went in-depth on why she has a darker side.
It seemed more literal when you were referring to it raining blood. If you had say "like it was raining blood" it would be figurative. She can express her anger in other ways, such as stomping or screeching.

This is true, you can do whatever you want with a character, but if you're roleplaying with other people your character shouldn't try to be everything everyone likes or try to have all this power to outshine them. The best part about making a character is trying to find something that not a lot of people have done before or trying to warp around something cliche and make it interesting.
Mary Sue traits always make a character bland.
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

Offline blueroseknight95

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • *casually licks your screen*
    • yumimomochi95
    • View Profile
    • Find It in Your Heart To Role-Play!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »
     Her darker side, I should have said, is more over a second personality. It represents myself, being one of many bearer of multiple personalities. I put my own (soul and/or heart, whichever comes first) into my stories and RPs.

I... am through discussing. I mean, I know she's bland, but that is her character, and how I chose her to be. I never change it just because 1 person finds it completely wrong/off.
     Everything I write has a purpose in my own little story, if you don't understand some of it, that is fine. I won't force you to. I base my characters off of original designs, and I'm proud of what I see, and proud of what I hear people tell me about what I write, may it be extremely kind or criticism.
     It's my story, er... Crow's story in this case... I can write it, and make my characters as bland and emotionless as I please. That's what I'm sticking to, believe it or not. Like I stated before, I NEVER change characters just because one person doesn't understand the role they play.
Sorry for my absence. I've been dealing with� ex boyfriend problems�

Offline rexline

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 09:47:18 am »
I luv it

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191