Author Topic: Different Character Model Choices  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Different Character Model Choices
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »
Instead of having new species, I thought it would be better if there were different model choices. You can choose to be feline or canine, but the models look like a lion and a wolf, when it says feline and canine. What about someone who wants to be an ocelot or a fox? Sure, the head sizing and tail, ear, choices can help make the models look more like said ocelot and fox, but they still look like a lion and a wolf. Ocelots have a much different look than a lion, and so do many other species of felines. Same goes for foxes and other canine species. So instead of making a whole new species, we could just have different models for different species of felines and canines.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Different Character Model Choices
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »
Would be great, yes. But I don't see it being added. Since Kov probably doesn't have time to create new character models for us.
Plus, he doesn't really want to let anyone help him either. The idea itself is pretty good though. x3

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »
Would be great, yes. But I don't see it being added. Since Kov probably doesn't have time to create new character models for us.
Plus, he doesn't really want to let anyone help him either. The idea itself is pretty good though. x3

Eeep. I was thinking that too. It's probably a pain to create character models, but yeah, it would be nice.

Offline Caesar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • I wish the 2011 Feral Heart would come back. :I
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 03:51:30 pm »
cool stuff i have thought about that same idea before but ya it would be lots of models to add to Fh but awesome thinking. :D

Offline DivineHeroine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
Selfish is he? D:>

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 10:39:21 pm »

Eeep. I was thinking that too. It's probably a pain to create character models, but yeah, it would be nice.
Line art drawn at certain angles as well as photographs of profile views make it 10x easier to make any game model. All of those things are attainable through drawing a crude outline of them with a pencil/pen alone and then using photographs to shape it out properly as it goes on.

Photos and the like are all found via google/bing/whatever search engine can be used. Youtube videos and diagrams help with animation. Art programs like GIMP help with basic textures and free stock images help save time on minute details like fur and the like.

The only hard thing about making a character is to have the time/patience/willingness to go through all of it, and when it comes to games like this that are usually updated on a regular basis, I don't see any problem with another animal model of a kind that fits into a "feral" category being put in as some sort of long term goal.

Offline ClickethTheCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Dayling-Ari
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:44 pm »
Domestic cat models maybe?..
Liek... Domesticated dog models too, for bulldogs or terries o3o

But i dont think they will ever add things like that .3.
Signature..?

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »
I like all these ideas and I wish it was possible. XD

Offline Nowe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Turn forever Hand in Hand~
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Elements
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:40:24 pm »
Selfish is he? D:>

From what I hear FH is being used for a portfolio for college he may just want to work on it himself as much as possible.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 06:29:33 pm »
It would be a great idea if Kovu could maybe implement a domestic cat model into the game especially since sooo many people have mentioned this because the current lion model does not look to great as a cat no matter how much you edit it. The foxes look great to me the way they are now. The most that we need for better fox character looks is just better markings for a fox and thats about it. I do not see a need to make a whole new model for the foxes only for cats. Who knows what Kovu has planned though since he has said many times that he does not plan to make any new models...