Author Topic: Crashing on every Custom-made Maps.  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing on every Custom-made Maps.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »
Hurrr. Not sure if this is allowed, but, up?
Colors

The path to heavens runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top.

CloudFish

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 09:59:14 pm »
I'm finking something isn't installing or moving right when moving these maps, make sure are replacing files when placing into exports. If you are using primarially exports, maybe switching it up to the terrains folder for fhm. files and my objects for fho. files may work for you. May work vice versa.

Thierry

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »
Maybe you have FH installed in a compressed drive? is not common but can be a reason.

I got out of ideas really. Put more details about like:
-what maps have you downloaded?
-what operating system are you using?
-it crashes even if you install only one custom map? or have you put a lot in fh at same time?

Maybe a reason are maps who are using objects groups like MyPlants.fho, MyRocks.fho, etc. they get replaced frequently by another map download and can cause problems.

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 11:30:56 pm »
I'm finking something isn't installing or moving right when moving these maps, make sure are replacing files when placing into exports. If you are using primarially exports, maybe switching it up to the terrains folder for fhm. files and my objects for fho. files may work for you. May work vice versa.
I tried to paste the .fhm files on terrains and .fho on my_objects, but I crashed as usual anyway. :x

Maybe you have FH installed in a compressed drive? is not common but can be a reason.

I got out of ideas really. Put more details about like:
-what maps have you downloaded?
-what operating system are you using?
-it crashes even if you install only one custom map? or have you put a lot in fh at same time?

Maybe a reason are maps who are using objects groups like MyPlants.fho, MyRocks.fho, etc. they get replaced frequently by another map download and can cause problems.

Actually no, I didn't install FH into a compressed drive. :/
Alrighty, adding more details.

1) I currently have two maps: DaburiPridelands and Jirakeebeach.
2) I use OpenGL. As I said on the first post, the maps work when I switch to Direct3D, but all the floor turns into savannah grass, even maps such as fluorite and ficho tunnes.
3) It doesn't work even when there is only one map on the Exports folder.

I hope I made things a bit better now. ^^
Colors

Thierry

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:45 pm »
just a theory, maybe your rendering system got damaged.

You can do a directx test to check if there are any problems with directx
click start button, then execute and a box will appear. write dxdiag. A windows with information and options will appear, you can dig around searching for any error message and you can click the test buttons to verify if all test are OK.

Im not sure about this, i believe OpenGL is installed with directX in Windows (but they are 2 completly diferent things), maybe you should try to install again Directx. Directx is automatically installed when you install FH in your computer (with FHsetup.exe). Or maybe you want to download it directly from Microsoft site.

CloudFish

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »
If it's any case, she downloaded one of my maps yesterday and it didn't crash her, perhaps maybe it is something wrong with those map files themselves?

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »
just a theory, maybe your rendering system got damaged.

You can do a directx test to check if there are any problems with directx
click start button, then execute and a box will appear. write dxdiag. A windows with information and options will appear, you can dig around searching for any error message and you can click the test buttons to verify if all test are OK.

Im not sure about this, i believe OpenGL is installed with directX in Windows (but they are 2 completly diferent things), maybe you should try to install again Directx. Directx is automatically installed when you install FH in your computer (with FHsetup.exe). Or maybe you want to download it directly from Microsoft site.

Hm, I tried oding the test, but when I opened the file that I found, it simply opens a window with a ton of options, such as system, display, sound 1, sound 2 and input, I didn't find any test buttons. :x

[EDIT] I see a small box saying 'notes' and they state that no problems were found.

If it's any case, she downloaded one of my maps yesterday and it didn't crash her, perhaps maybe it is something wrong with those map files themselves?
But I downloaded a lot of private maps to test, so, they all have something going on with the files? Plus, a lot of friends of mine tested too, and they all were able to get in every map. ;/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:06:25 pm by Colors »
Colors

Thierry

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »
i forgot, in the display tab, there is 2 buttons: "test direct3d2 and "test direct draw". not sure since my windows is in spanish.

Offline angmarie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »
Are you sure you put them in the right files? If you're sure, please try to tell me where you put them.