Author Topic: Quick question about an old texture problem.  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Quick question about an old texture problem.
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:27:14 am »
I haven't played FeralHeart all too much in recent months, mainly because of a texture problem my friend had (since I played primarily with her), but because of lack of time, too, so I haven't been able to keep up with much of anything. Now that school's done, we've both been wanting to play. We miss the game a lot, and would like to get our old RP back in the swing, but she's still having this texture problem.

The problem was that all land textures would show up as the main yellow grass (I think) texture. I thought it might be a problem between the OGRE update and her computer, but could never have been sure, and I know there were a lot of people who had the same problem. I was just wondering if anyone has found a fix to the problem. We've tried re-downloading the game a couple of time a couple of months back, but the problem is still occurring, plus there hasn't been an update since last December. If anyone knows anything and can let me know, I'd appreciate it so much!

Just an update:
Adding that the terrain on her game changes to whatever terrain is named "african_grass". If none are named that, then the terrain turns all white.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:15:25 am by Benjaminx3 »

SPL2582

Re: Quick question about an old texture problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:41:12 am »
Hmm..I might not know much about FH, but whenever it fails to play correctly..It just happens to be the browser I downloaded the game from. For an example, mine somehow only works if FH was downloaded from Firefox. I have no idea how this may be relevant to the textures issue-But my first answer would be re downloading.. (However, you have stated that did not work)
..Did you completely uninstall the game? FH has been working fine for me, and I wouldn't know how all the textures could be replaced with yellow grass. Maybe there might be a textures backup file somewhere..

Hope it helps..A bit. ^^'

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:51:46 am »
Yeah, we've tried that. We were frequent players and I'd occasionally help out around the help forums, so I knew of most solutions for a simple fix. We've tried re-installing, deleting everything, trying different rendering systems, etc. I can suggest for her to try a different browser. Thanks for your input!

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:53:13 am »
Try getting her to change her subsystem from Ogre to Direct3D9.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

feralheartdog

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:55:15 am »
Try getting her to change her subsystem from Ogre to Direct3D9.

Aww Skippster you took the words out of my maw!

A.K.A Change the rendering system.

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:02:30 am »
Tried that :/ It jsut crashes that way, unless something changed since then.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:30 am »
Tried that :/ It jsut crashes that way, unless something changed since then.

Maybe ask them to see if they have all their textures? FH>Media>Terrains>Textures. See if she/he has got more then just african grass. they may have a faulty download some how.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:23 am »
No, that's not it either. She has all of the textures there. What's weird is that if I change the name of one of the other textures to "african_grass" or whatever, all of the texture changes with it.
So basically, all of the terrain shows up as whatever is named "african_grass".

feralheartdog

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:43 am »
It could be many things..

a) Tell her to re-install the map, she might have misplaced some files.
b) Give her the material file if it i missing, you can upload it to mediafire,or any other file sharing sites. Tell her to put it in her Feralheart - Media - Terrains - Textures.
c) Tell her to change her Rendering System.
d) Tell her to update her graphics card.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:03 am »
The problem is with all maps. Her graphics card is up to date, and I'm 90% sure it's not a probelms with terrains. SOrry for the trouble. Thank you everyone for giving some input~