Author Topic: Original Roleplays  (Read 8396 times)

SynthAero

Original Roleplays
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:41:51 pm »
I'm getting tired of those "hunt, eat, drink, get a mate, die." roleplays. Anybody else feel the same? I was wondering if anybody wanted to help me make an original roleplay or find one.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
Re: Original Roleplays
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:59 am »
Hey! Yeah. Honestly, it just really makes me narrow my eyes and think, "Is that the best you can come up with?" when I see those kinda RPs in the game.

Fortunately I've found SEVERAL awesome RPs that aren't like that.

I don't know about you, but in the game I have RP standards.

• Good plot
  • Literate
  • No outrageous limits
  • Original characters
  • and finally an amazing plot

For me, if you don't find these, its likely not a FANTASTIC Rp.

I'm into the genres of war, survival, and fantasy.
I'm not really of fan of gushy romantic cheese. XD

So here's a list of my favorite RP groups I've found. (not the exact group names)

Draconifors-mapped
Here's a link to the RP explanation. http://www.draconifors.webs.com/
Sadly, Draconifors is no longer an active group, but a group like it would surely be a hit. (note that the group should have a totally different approach and plot not copying this group at all)

TEP (The Evergreen Pack) -unmapped located in South Pole
It's about a pack whose each unqiue individual characters helps the alpha, Conflict, to reclaim territory and battle rogue packs. Mostly battling and we usually just have fun. The group is hilarious and great people to be around. Its sort of a spin off of the "live eat die" plot, but with a lot more interesting and its strictly detailed literate.

May Zani FH Wars-mapped sometimes.
May Zani FH Wars is a group of lions and wolves (headed by myself and my friend May). The name is the name of our main group on DeviantArt and each war has a different group. We have several different plots such as "Fight For the Crown" which is a competition to find the King or Queen warrior RPer in FH. It starts out as two groups of up to ten to twenty people who battle each other till ten to five of each are left. Then it goes down to every-man-for-himself combat between randomly selected pairs. The winned who comes out on top is crowned one of the best if not the best warrior on FH. We do have several other War Rps, but we aren't kicking off the season till July.

I do know a few more RPs but they basically fall along the line of war and fantasy, and I don't know what genres your into. These are personally my favorites. They aren't huge groups. Only groups of about twenty or more people. If your interested. Friend me on FH. My username is ameliaparcel.

I hope I could help if not confuse you more. XD

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

SynthAero

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:23:42 pm »
I agree, and lol, I like those three genres the best too. Romantic gushy cheese is...."okay" and sometimes it happens, but I'm not a big fan. I like the options you gave, sound pretty interesting.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:41:00 am »
thanks. XD

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:29:37 pm »
Agreed, I almost never join RPs in the plains any more. Seems like every wolf RP I join has at least one of each: The wise but stern leader, the angry female with a dark past, the sweet light-coloured female who's there to look for a mate, the emo who sits off to one side and waits for someone else to come over and start RPing with them, and several hunters who immediately go off to singlehandedly (pawedly?) take down a few elk.

I found one once called "Wolves of the Pastel Islands" which looked good when I joined a while ago. Semi-realistic, a bunch of packs with very unique attributes to each, and a religious system. Ulimately had to leave because my computer kept derping the map, though, so hard to say what became of it.

Only other I can think of is one I started, which I'm wary of saying lest I sound like I'm turning it into an advertisement... basically a post-apocalyptic street dog RP with three different packs who have each responded to the end of most life in a different way. Lot of the plot tends to center on tensions between the three and problems with a nearby laboratory. Very literate, mostly because I'm just a tiny bit OCD about grammar.

Anyway, yes, I feel your pain.

I also wish there were more literate RPs that would allow less common animals.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 05:23:29 pm »
I agree. Your best bet might be to make one yourself and try to get members. I was pretty successful with my own packs in the past. The one I was in was alright, but too much drama!!!

And the good thing about making your own pack: You get to make the map. (If it's mapped of course)

Offline Tweetie

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »
Me and a few friends have an RP. It's not a pack, or even a group, but has been going for two or three months now.  Anybody can walk up and RP, if they stay, they stay, if not, fine. Although, we'll ignore them to a certain point if they tlk lik tis. It really involves everybody, but they only have to talk if they want to. You'd know what I meant if you ever watched us in action. I'm thinking about making a mapped RP, but I'm going to have to work out a plot first. And make a map, duh.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »
What a coincidence Tearless. I was in Wolves of Pastel of Islands too! XD I agree, it was a very interesting literate RP, and the map was brilliant but extremely friendly with Mr.Lag. I had to take a long leave from the group on account I went on vacation to the tropics. When I came back, the leader, a friend of mine, had disbanned the group on account he said that, "It had turned into a big dating game for the girls." He told me that he might remake a new RP later on and be more strict on who he let into the group. XD

I think I'll go talk to him some time about that new RP and see if I can get the details on that one. He comes up with these splendid RP plots, and I hope I can join another one of his masterpieces.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »
Heh, small world, I guess. I'll have to keep an eye out if he's making another RP.

Offline jesija

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • No, seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:18 am »
Hm, you know what would be awesome? If someone combined all these sweet ideas and just made on awesome multi-species rp. What annoys me is that you never have any roleplays were everyone is a loner and wanders on their own. It makes it more interesting when your character is always meeting new characters and everyone isnt in a 'pack' or ina group. It would make multi-species rps just a bit more realistic, and takes care of the whole hype when a new member joins. You know, when your like 'should I act like the new character is new to the pack, or should I act like they were already in the pack?'
Thats my dream. Having an rp where everyone can do what they want without the limits of pack... things. I mean, deep into the rp you might get a group of friends travelling with eachother, but there would be more loners than packs xD
And sorry if this is random, but GOSH JOLLY, some people dont know the difference between UNREALISTIC and ILLITERATE. ('Unliterate' is a term I see used alot as well =_=)
Siggie is not mine O_O
But the avvie is. So please dun steal it ;~;