Author Topic: Missing maps?  (Read 964 times)

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Missing maps?
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »
howdy all.
im having a little issue that is new to me.

my maps are all missing.
before, if i logged into someone elses computer (such as im doing now) i could easily log inot my account and find my maps in order to edit them.

However, sense my computer got smashed to smithereens by my step-dad, i seemed to have lost my maps when on another computer.

with the 'dead' of my computer, did it erase all my info for maps? or am i mistaken that everything would remain no matter the computer?
my characters and everything are still there, why not the maps? iv logged into everything i can think of.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Missing maps?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:18 pm »
The thing is that your characters are linked to your account, and your account is stored on the server.

The maps anyone make is stored on your computer inside the game files, so if you uninstall the game, you'd remove all the maps you had been working on in the map maker.

You can always install the maps you lost that were already exported if you can find the download link for them again, but as far as it goes to maps you worked on in that particular game that got uninstalled you'd be out of luck unless you personally made backups of your files.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Missing maps?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »
oh okay. thank you for the helpful information. ill be sure to create backups for maps from now on.