Author Topic: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?  (Read 13957 times)

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
Re: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »
And now....I started a argument
The argument I have to this is that, one, look at impressive title, that game had a lot of interesting stuff in it including combat, why wouldn't they do this in feral heart if they've already done it already and seen how much people enjoyed it? two, since I've been around I've seen like two major updates, this game has been around for a decent amount of time now, there isn't a reason they shouldn't make updates to it. Lastly, I know well that in a lot of games, really high-end mmo's there is no connection between the developers and the gamers, which is a baaad thing lol, trust me -.- Either way, I'm saying that the developers could easily look at this thread and say "Hey maybe we should do this because it'd be a good thing for the game" butt, who's on this thread right now? I mean they could at least give us a hint saying "Yes we're working to improve the game if even just a little" There are still bugs in the game to be fixed too.

Naw, you didn't start an argument, Silver.
Samantha, the reason that the Game Developers didn't put in attacks and prey originally is because Kovu wanted to start something new. Something that wasn't just another copy of Impressive Title. He wanted Feral Heart to be completely RP based. What I'm saying is that maybe having a new and different fighting sequences with not only prey, but with each other. Even though Feral Heart is a great game now, eventually it will lose out to a better game like Arokai might be. So adding an update with this idea might save the game in the long run, and make it more interesting, yet still stick true to Kovu's plan of being RP based.

But again. It will take alot of time to program something like that. And they still have to work out the glitches that Feral Heart has now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:11:31 pm by ameliaparcel »

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »
And now....I started a argument
The argument I have to this is that, one, look at impressive title, that game had a lot of interesting stuff in it including combat, why wouldn't they do this in feral heart if they've already done it already and seen how much people enjoyed it? two, since I've been around I've seen like two major updates, this game has been around for a decent amount of time now, there isn't a reason they shouldn't make updates to it. Lastly, I know well that in a lot of games, really high-end mmo's there is no connection between the developers and the gamers, which is a baaad thing lol, trust me -.- Either way, I'm saying that the developers could easily look at this thread and say "Hey maybe we should do this because it'd be a good thing for the game" butt, who's on this thread right now? I mean they could at least give us a hint saying "Yes we're working to improve the game if even just a little" There are still bugs in the game to be fixed too.

Naw, you didn't start an argument, Silver.
Samantha, the reason that the Game Developers didn't put in attacks and prey originally is because Kovu wanted to start something new. Something that wasn't just another copy of Impressive Title. He wanted Feral Heart to be completely RP based. What I'm saying is that maybe having a new and different fighting sequences with not only prey, but with each other. Even though Feral Heart is a great game now, eventually it will lose out to a better game like Arokai might be. So adding an update with this idea might save the game in the long run, and make it more interesting, yet still stick true to Kovu's plan of being RP based.

But again. It will take alot of time to program something like that. And they still have to work out the glitches that Feral Heart has now.

I have seen no attempt from them lately to fix these bugs that I see lol, kind of boring to be honest, and they do have the power to make that happen, they could at least try.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline Uncharted

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 09:04:37 pm »
I don't think it would be a very good idea. We would have the troubles of players attacking random players and killing them. And since there is attacks, there would be skilled players and non-skilled players. Sure, it would be fun, but there are many problems coming along with the idea. If you want to attack and hunt with friends, play WolfQuest. :P

Unless there was no fighting with other players, then I don't think the idea should be considered. Or at least you'd have to send a request to fight and the other person would have to accept. But so much work that would take!

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:46 am »
I don't think it would be a very good idea. We would have the troubles of players attacking random players and killing them. And since there is attacks, there would be skilled players and non-skilled players. Sure, it would be fun, but there are many problems coming along with the idea. If you want to attack and hunt with friends, play WolfQuest. :P

Unless there was no fighting with other players, then I don't think the idea should be considered. Or at least you'd have to send a request to fight and the other person would have to accept. But so much work that would take!
How many times must I repeat this. If the fight request was added the same time as the attacks, then the random attacks would be instantly solved. And the purpose of adding these things isn't to feed some desire to hunt prey and fight, its to add some new more excitement to the roleplay. WolfQuest doesn't provide the same RP experience as FH. If you read the very first post. You would know that.

And Samantha, I'm can assure you that programmers are working hard everyday. Its not rocket science, but its definitely not easy. Its not easy to figure out what the glitches happening are. When they do finally figure those out, they might actually have time to consider this idea of mine.

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 06:20:53 am »
Such would be great, it would add more variety to the game. However, certain measures could be added to prevent it from getting out of control. This pretty much gives me an idea...

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

wolffoxalliance

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »
It would be cool but then the server would become PvP and you know what that means. it would be annoying because other players will kill you without a reason .I still like FH the way it is.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:33 pm »
This is getting really annoying. - . -' Will you PLEASE read the previous posts before you comment. The issue of "random killings" was solved well over a week ago.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »
(^) Amel, I am with you, this is getting annoying a bit.

Anna, I agree. FeralHeart is awesome & great the way it is.

Why I AGREE with this idea:
FeralHeart is used for roleplaying & chatting with others. Since it's used for roleplaying, it would be an advantage. P.v.P (Player vs. Player). It would be necessary to add a option to turn it off & on. However, this is my opinion.

Why I DISAGREE with this Idea:
People could take advantage of this by killing your character. Even though it's a great idea, I think it just wouldn't make FeralHeart the FeralHeart it was then.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline kartland

• Curious Wanderer
  • Come on! What are you so scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Idon'tHaveOne.com
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 12:13:17 am »
It Would Be More Cool If You Had POWERS!!!! =D

Offline DivineHeroine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »
Why not also add a time limit to sending requests? For example, someone wants to fight with you, so he/she sends a request. The sent request will only be able to be repeated by waiting for about 10 minutes. That woulds be great!  Way better than when that person annoyingly sends a request every 5 seconds when you answered no. That would be very annoying O_O.