Author Topic: Preset Help  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Muzik

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Xero Muzik
    • View Profile
Preset Help
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:30:41 pm »
So I'm trying to help my friend, I made her a preset and were trying to make it so others can see it in the game, but we seem to be having some problems XD

She created the preset and everything, and I assumed that if you took the file that appeared in the "presets" folder and had others put it in their "presets" folder they would be able to see it, but we just tried it and I'm still seeing the default wolf. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance X)

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Help
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »
She needs to export the preset in the preset maker and take the .fhp file from the presets folder after she exports it. That's the file she needs to give others in order for them to see it.

More info here:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=8149.0

Offline Muzik

• Curious Wanderer
  • Xero Muzik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:12 pm »
She needs to export the preset in the preset maker and take the .fhp file from the presets folder after she exports it. That's the file she needs to give others in order for them to see it.

Thanks for the help  ;D

I believe that's what she had done, I downloaded it from her while we was working on it earlier and placed it into my "presets" folder, it has "username_8.fhp" as the files name (username replacing her actual username of course), but I'm still seeing her as the default wolf.  Could I maybe be placing it into the wrong folder or something?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:57:00 pm »
It has to be something that he is doing wrong. xD if you put the file in the correct place, there shouldn't be anything wrong on your side. Just have her double check that she did everything right, and that includes editing the material file to say her username in place of username_8. After she makes changes have her re-export it and try downloading the fhp file again.

Best of luck. I wish I could help more but there isn't much I can do without seeing the preset files and what exactly she's doing.

Offline Muzik

• Curious Wanderer
  • Xero Muzik
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:59 pm »
It has to be something that he is doing wrong. xD if you put the file in the correct place, there shouldn't be anything wrong on your side. Just have her double check that she did everything right, and that includes editing the material file to say her username in place of username_8. After she makes changes have her re-export it and try downloading the fhp file again.

Best of luck. I wish I could help more but there isn't much I can do without seeing the preset files and what exactly she's doing.

Haha alright then XD When she comes back I'll have her try everything again and see what happens. Thanks for helping!