Author Topic: Whats your RP style?  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your RP style?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:52 pm »
I prefer Semi-Literate.

RPs that aren't literate are ones I avoid. Because, how am I supposed to understand: -ran toords the hug roke hidding-

But then again, I also can't stand very literate RPs. This is because a lot of the time, if you write something shorter than 3 sentences, they freak out because of how small your RP line is. Then, they start cussing you out saying you aren't literate. And don't get me started about Rp samples. Most of the time, they judge you because you spell 1 or 2 things incorrectly. Thats why I like Semi-Literate RPs. You don't have to be EXTREMLY literate, but you aren't unliterate.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline animals_rock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • Lilly teh Lioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »
Personally, I prefer literate Rps. I have been with stuck-up literate role players, but if the Rp I'm in is strict , I can usually avoid meeting those people. If I'm seriously role playing, I can only Rp with literate people, since I can't stand the simple style that would be like '*runs away*' (Plus I'm a grammar nazi, so I get annoyed by people's grammar mistakes xD). On the other hand, if I'm not seriously Rping (like just derping around o3o), then, obviously, I use the simpler Rp style. :3

But, yeah, that's just me. ouo
Call me Lilly or Animal or Animals or Lillyfloof...I dun really care o3o Call me whatever you want... .3.

dA: Lacey186
Youtube: Lacey186
oovoo: Lacey186
Siggy made by the wonderful Nair~

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »
I like doing RP but I'm very reluctant to start with someone first because I don't know what their style is like or if they're even in RP at all. I prefer letting others approach me first (unless I'm feeling brave) and see if they're the illiterate, semi-literate or literate type.
Personally, I go for semi-literate, because I can be detailed with punctuation and grammar and all that stuff, without having to write a paragraph that takes up the whole chat box, then wait for the person to read it and wait for them to write a reply that's a paragraph long too! I appreciate people being literate RPers, but it can be slow and time consuming.

EDIT: Also, I'm very picky; I won't RP or interact with characters that my character wouldn't usually encounter. For example, if I'm on my grey wolf char, I won't RP with lions or jaguars because she wouldn't encounter them in her habitat. Ever.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:26:16 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:19 am »
I prefer literate, I don't really RP with "stuck-ups" or anything like that so it works out cause we all use literate styles, and we're not as strict as getting every single spelling correct and even if we make a spelling mistake or grammar-error, no one goes berserk XD

It makes the Rp seem more realistic and gives you more to respond to when it's your turn to post~
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 11:47:01 pm »
I prefer highly literate roleplays. o3o Sorry if that makes me sound rather stuck-up, its just that anything that demands less than a good effort tends to attract those people that just move along too quickly and things get jumbled.

Not that there's anything wrong with one-to-two liners. I just find it lacks... it just isn't fun to read or interact with to me. It's rare I have a good experience with semi-lit and below roleplays; nearly all just make me shut off my laptop and go outside (maybe I should do semi-lit and below more often).

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 10:29:05 pm »
I generally stick with Literate, I don't normally go off with something else. ~
I don't normally RP with friends either, I suppose I'd like something fresh. c:
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 11:42:43 pm »
I prefer semi-literate.I always roleplay in prose,
and the reason why I prefer to type up posts that can take up to three Feralheart posts on average is because I feel it gives the other player a bit more to interact on,
So I agree with Katsa.

Not that two line roleplays are a bad thing,
but I'm gonna admit that it kind of irritates me when the other roleplayer just types two lines after you did like, an entire paragraph, ((With the exception that they can't think of a good idea/don't have a lot of time/writer's block)),
because it feels like you are doing all the work in making the roleplay interesting.
But that's just my opinion. *w*
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Wolfgirl777

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 02:23:37 pm »
For me, it would have to be semi-literate. Any time i attempt to do literate, i end up mucking up my sentence and taking forever to type because of the pressure i feel everyone put's on me. I also can't stand illiterate roleplayer's... oh god, they drive me insane, Mostly because everyone seem's to be and 8 year old or a mate beggar. However, semi-lit is where i feel most at home, they're no annoying "txt" talker's, and every one isn't a wolf who's family was destroyed by lion's, or vice versa.

Offline Rhee

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • lurker
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 12:05:48 am »
I tend to match the style of the person I role play with, in game there is no spell check and often stumble over some words.

I am a literate rper though

Art from Evocality

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 09:05:58 pm »
As for myself, I'm a literate paragraph roleplayer, though I equally enjoy realistic and fantasy roleplays. c: Even more if they merge those two elements.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo