Author Topic: Wolf Quest  (Read 43299 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Quest
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 12:39:40 am »
I went to play WQ a few days ago, and all my data was gone! I got a bit upset, but just made new wolves. Got both of them to Slough Creek quick.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 12:29:35 am »
I tried WQ a while ago. It would be fine if it weren't for the glitches. Been having a terrible time with them on my computer. Especially trying to pick stuff up. It just won't let me pick stuff up, or it is very picky. I get the distinct impression that WQ is putting all their funding into keeping chat "appropriate" and doing nothing to actually make the game itself better.

Also, instead of limiting the chat lexicon, they should have emote-only chat. At least experiment with it. It would be interesting to have someone snarl at you when you aren't sure precisely what they expect. Body language only I think would actually be fairly fun.

Question: When was the last non-security update done? And what was done in it? Anyone know how I can find out?
There won't be any more updates on anything. The Minnesota Zoo cut WQ's grant funding.
They have money to keep the servers open and forum up for a while, but otherwise, that's it. They aren't accepting donations much, either.

The reason WQ couldn't make anything great was A) The game engine they used, B) The fact that they had a tight budget and C) they threw multi-player in at the last minute. Plus there's also the fact that the game would have to be very specific in order to get more funding in the past.

They had to make a compromise. Make a good game? Or help make sure the game has suitable content to encourage more money to come their way? After hanging around and lurking there for several years, that's how I see it.

Makes sense. I feel for the administration, I really do. Must be hard making a game like that with minimal funding. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't very high quality. Too bad it had to be that way.

You know, I think Rockstar or Bandai should make a wolf game. Not a fantasy one, but a true sim (or as true as can be accomplished). Once you get anyone who wants a wolf game to be "educational" or super-appropriate is going to run into some sim issues. And anyone who has a clue what Rockstar is about knows they don't give a rat about that stuff. Only problem is Rockstar would probably overdo it. Bandai, on the other hand, might be able to balance the scales a little better. Bandai has more that anime-ish feel that it should have, without getting excessive like Rockstar typically does. Of course, this is if I were to have a videogame about wolves tailored to my whims, which is completely unrealistic, I know. Still, if Rockstar or Bandai were to produce a wolf game, I am sure it would be awesome!
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline pyroraptor1

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 07:32:56 am »
Never, forget to play woooooolf Quest!!!!XD
 WQ forever!!! But I havent an online account on WQ. Is it Free?

NietKo

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:18 am »
i need to make an account  for it but i do like wq a little bit tho it gets boring after a while :P i think multiplayer will be more fun though....... maybe

Offline Blackbaron

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Miss chicken suggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 10:14:00 am »
I did play WQ for a little bit back in 2012 (lol I can finally say that now) but it got kinda boring and the online didn't really work for me that well. :/ It was fun though, and i did complete the game. x3

~peanutninja

Offline keko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Heya if you wanna ask something ask me :P
    • View Profile
    • http://www.firstpeople.us/pictures/wolves/1024x768/JLM-wolf-01-1024x768.html
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:35 am »
Well, when I first met WQ I was like OMG OMG THIS ISSSSS SOOO AWESOME but after a while I had finished the single game easy it was hard at first but it was fun and I do agree with all of you multiplayer does suck I mean you can hardly say anything now which sucks and I hated it how people made you glitch, lag or log out no offence to WQ but it does suck now I don't play it no longer now but it used to be fun tho but GOODBYE WQ
If you sink
You do not live
P.s if you blame others than your the one to blame
The ninja strikes
Pm me for things you wanna ask thanks see ya :P

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2013, 06:07:59 pm »
I do want to say that sometimes I start a new game just to mess around with some of the glitches. Once I just hunted at the bunny bush for an hour. (It's a bush that spits out never ending hares) by the end, there was just a bunch of dead hares around me. I look on Google for glitches to try... and they usually don't work.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:51 pm »
Never, forget to play woooooolf Quest!!!!XD
 WQ forever!!! But I havent an online account on WQ. Is it Free?
Yes, it is free.

Offline keko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Heya if you wanna ask something ask me :P
    • View Profile
    • http://www.firstpeople.us/pictures/wolves/1024x768/JLM-wolf-01-1024x768.html
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 01:50:50 am »
I do want to say that sometimes I start a new game just to mess around with some of the glitches. Once I just hunted at the bunny bush for an hour. (It's a bush that spits out never ending hares) by the end, there was just a bunch of dead hares around me. I look on Google for glitches to try... and they usually don't work.
Haha that would of been fun to do
If you sink
You do not live
P.s if you blame others than your the one to blame
The ninja strikes
Pm me for things you wanna ask thanks see ya :P

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/