Author Topic: HELP!!! My FH keeps crashing!!!  (Read 1386 times)

Offline wearwolfgirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
HELP!!! My FH keeps crashing!!!
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:31:03 pm »
Okay, this is my first post, and unfortunatly it is a very sad one T.T So Today I left FH and I went to go download a free puplic map. I have been downloading maps, presets, meshes, and other things since 2 or 3 days ago. I also downloaded Gimp 2.8 yesterday and found i could not make a terrain map with it so I unistalled it. Then I found a gimp 2.6 today and downloaded it. I made my map and saved etc. (I have a Ton of things in my object=>Misc folder and some in particles and alot in my export and other folders on FH.) When to get on it, before i could even get to the login page >:( , the whole Fh screen stayed black and never got to that Kovu picture thingy, and it said "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working windows is checking for a solution to the problem" then i'll wait for it to be done "checking" and it will say "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible" and the on button i can click is "close program" so i did then waited...and waited... and waited. And then you know what I did next? I waited some more -.- The solution thingy never showed up! I gpt mad and deleted and unistalled the whole thing and then reinstalled it and tryed again. Same thing. so i downloaded the patch thingy and tryed AGIAN. SAME darn thing. I was so mad!!! grr lol, then i browsed around for help on here and dowloaded a back up file for it and tryed again, nothing. so i looked in my particle files and there was no duplicates or anything. my laptop is a hp. HELPPP plz!!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!! My FH keeps crashing!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:40 am »
Okay first off try not to double post in the forum two seperate threads about the same problem Nikki even if you are anxious to fix it:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26766.msg348489

As for you problem:
The "FeralHeart.exe." problem is usually because there is a misplaced file or files or some file has been corrupted. You said you already checked for double particles so there's no use suggesting that I guess. Sometimes changing you're rendering subsystem by clicking options in the game and then video settings and switch it to either OpenGL or Direct3D9 helps the problem although right now I think you're having more of a file problem since you only started getting the "FeralHeart.exe" message when you started messing around with the files downloading custom addons. Have you also tried just redownloading the game? Maybe you just accidently deleted a file and redownloading can help replace it. If that does not work you may have to backup any important files in a seperate folder and then uninstall the game and delete the Feral Heart folder then reinstall the game. If I can't see your files I really can't tell what may be missing or misplaced right now so that is probably your best option.

Alot of people have been having the "FeralHeart.exe" error message problem in the past few days so a user just today posted this helpful thread:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0
Maybe you might find it useful.

I hope something here works for you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:11:17 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline wearwolfgirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:40 am »
THANK YOU!!!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08:38 am »
You're welcome Nikki. Just let me know though if any of these suggestions work for you ok?

Offline wearwolfgirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:00:37 am »
sure thing, i'll try them out tommarrow

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile