Author Topic: some idea that might make rp more fun  (Read 7291 times)

Vizza

Re: some idea that might make rp more fun
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »
I would loooove to be able to see cubs getting picked up. Great for rp :3

Themiles

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »
Maybe if the game checked the size difference, it would be able to see if one could carry an other? I remember a Game having male characters be able to carry female characters.

Because.. imagine small cubs trying to carry their moms. I'm not sure if it would be hard to implement, but I think besides the thing with size difference, a basic premade animation for feline/canine transport would be possible.

The only thin I am worried about, is the thing with some chars lagging behind others ingame. I've seen it often when running around with my friend. It could affect the appearence of the whole thing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 10:53:31 pm »
I'd really love to see this idea getting through.

If there was any way possible to work around the problem miles mentioned. This would be both fun and useful on so many levels. And indeed, for those who rp alot, it would be a nice addition.

I know I'd find this function handy alot of times if it was there.

If there's a way to detect the character sizes(Which I'm sure there is). It would pretty much be down to how much work in making the animations and making sure it doesn't spazz on other players screen.

Not only would it be fun to carry cubs and pups around, but I know for a fact that I have told friends to go to another place and they have been lazy, maybe if you could just let them lay on your back while you walk there it would be fun and no excuse for lazyness anymore, and it would be fun.

Ofcourse, if you would be able to do this, you shouldn't be able to jump that high, if not at all. And the running should be slower, if no running at all aswell. Maybe just some faster walking or "jogging"? If you know what I mean.

But that means alot more work aswell. And it's probably alot of work just making the animations for carrying cubs/pups and carrying someone on your back + a system that detects the sizes.

This idea is gold however. And wish for it to be added sometime in the future. It would really spice things up.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 11:18:06 pm »
I'd really love to see this idea getting through.

If there was any way possible to work around the problem miles mentioned. This would be both fun and useful on so many levels. And indeed, for those who rp alot, it would be a nice addition.

I know I'd find this function handy alot of times if it was there.

If there's a way to detect the character sizes(Which I'm sure there is). It would pretty much be down to how much work in making the animations and making sure it doesn't spazz on other players screen.

Not only would it be fun to carry cubs and pups around, but I know for a fact that I have told friends to go to another place and they have been lazy, maybe if you could just let them lay on your back while you walk there it would be fun and no excuse for lazyness anymore, and it would be fun.

Ofcourse, if you would be able to do this, you shouldn't be able to jump that high, if not at all. And the running should be slower, if no running at all aswell. Maybe just some faster walking or "jogging"? If you know what I mean.

But that means alot more work aswell. And it's probably alot of work just making the animations for carrying cubs/pups and carrying someone on your back + a system that detects the sizes.

This idea is gold however. And wish for it to be added sometime in the future. It would really spice things up.

It would be great, and it should slow you down a little bit, maybe. But, some people may avoid doing it because they rather do it the faster way. But it's still great for RP, and I personally would like to be able to jump to a degree, I could help my friends with no coordination to get up those darn rocks in Fluorite plains. XD I swear I stand there a good 15 minutes waiting them to make it up there. It would be useful on many levels.  For the animation process, I would think it would be worth it if they really wanted it in there.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

JazzForLife

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 08:52:26 pm »
O.O I love it! I think I'd go around giving my friends piggy back rides XD. Naw I think that'd be awesome for RP.

Cainou

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 03:44:06 am »
That would be awesome :) but would if, they could hold on your tail, and they fly all over behind you XD!! that would be HILARIOUS, AND FUN TOO!!:) Or maybe... if they were bigger you wold go slower if they were smaller you would go faster!! :) This would be awesome!!

Themiles

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 06:27:31 am »
My friend had an idea to overcome the lagging behind problem. He said, simply "glue" the charries together in the animation and let them appear together on both screens of the carrier and the carried as stuck together, defined by the postion of the carrier. (hope I got that right...) That way no matter who stands where, they would always be shown together.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »
Easier said than done really. xd
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Themiles

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »
Its just an idea X3 I know its not that easy... I wish I could program stuff like this

Offline Kieva

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • I am a Christian and artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 06:25:53 pm »
I love the idea! Both of them. c:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~John 3:16