Author Topic: Bro's Graphics! [Replaced by FHD]  (Read 117984 times)

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • View Profile
Re: Bro's Graphical Remix! (ENB + Shader Effects) [BUGFIX UPDATE!]
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31:09 am »
rofl, this is great; absolutely no faults with it, and it looks brilliant - excellent work, and +floof! :D Would you mind if I posted a screenshot?

Even if that is sarcasm, sure, go ahead. xD

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:50 am »
no sarcasm! :3 just didn't want to muddle down your thread with images without your permission, rofl. Here they are (I actually have a few) :D

The only thing that would make this look better would be real-time shadows, but I'm not sure if it's even possible. I've actually come up with two theories as to shadows in FH: 1. They're coded in the game, and just need to be brought out via implementing the proper code into either PS or terrain.cg, or both (or maybe into one of the many .material files!) OR 2. They're not coded into the game at all, and the only way to get at them would be through the .dlls, which means it would be relatively impossible.
I've been looking into shadows for a long time, myself! and I haven't had any luck, unfortunately. :F

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:23 am »
The only thing that would make this look better would be real-time shadows, but I'm not sure if it's even possible. I've actually come up with two theories as to shadows in FH: 1. They're coded in the game, and just need to be brought out via implementing the proper code into either PS or terrain.cg, or both (or maybe into one of the many .material files!) OR 2. They're not coded into the game at all, and the only way to get at them would be through the .dlls, which means it would be relatively impossible.
I've been looking into shadows for a long time, myself! and I haven't had any luck, unfortunately. :F

You and I have been going through the same task for quite a while it seems. Ogre3D, the engine this game (And Impressive Title) were made in, supports shadows without any modification, so far as I know. Considering IT had them built into the game, and FH is... essentially the same game, it should be possible. If only I knew where to look. I mean, you go into almost any .material file in FH and you find the line "Recieves Shadows".
And if you go into settings.cfg, you find: "Shadows=True, ShadowDetail=0"

If that isn't suspicious, I don't know what is. If only I could talk to Kovu.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:06 am »
You and I have been going through the same task for quite a while it seems. Ogre3D, the engine this game (And Impressive Title) were made in, supports shadows without any modification, so far as I know. Considering IT had them built into the game, and FH is... essentially the same game, it should be possible. If only I knew where to look. I mean, you go into almost any .material file in FH and you find the line "Recieves Shadows".

If only anyone could talk to Kovu, rofl - his own staff has been trying to contact him for about a year now, and he hasn't replied; you know what the interesting thing is, though? He's actually been online in that time-span! he just chooses not to talk to people for some reason. As far as shadows go, I've tried over-writing FH's files with some of IT's, and all that does is crash the game, rofl. I've even gone as far as finding snippets of OGRE code and pasting it into what I think are the appropriate files, but still, it just crashes the game.

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 07:27:01 am »

If only anyone could talk to Kovu, rofl - his own staff has been trying to contact him for about a year now, and he hasn't replied; you know what the interesting thing is, though? He's actually been online in that time-span! he just chooses not to talk to people for some reason. As far as shadows go, I've tried over-writing FH's files with some of IT's, and all that does is crash the game, rofl. I've even gone as far as finding snippets of OGRE code and pasting it into what I think are the appropriate files, but still, it just crashes the game.

Likewise. We should work together sometime to get this done.

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33:23 am »
Heheh. The vignette looks bad when you look at the pictures in a thread like that. Looks great in fullscreeen, though.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 07:35:38 am »
Likewise. We should work together sometime to get this done.
I'd definitely like to! :3 but I'm not sure how much help I'd be, rofl - most of what I do is "mad-science", just stitching things together until they either completely break or work - and you've already done an amazing job here with your ENB and texture pack. I highly doubt anything I could contribute would be an improvement over what you already have here. Still, I don't mind giving it a fair go. :3

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:32 am »
Heheh. The vignette looks bad when you look at the pictures in a thread like that. Looks great in fullscreeen, though.
Yeah, a little, rofl - it could be toned down a whit, and mayhap that would help. You know what would look really cool, though? Bokeh DoF; I'm not even sure if it's possible.

Offline Brokami

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:47 am »

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:31 am »