56 (66.7%)
17-22
19 (22.6%)
23-30
4 (4.8%)
30+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: How old is the typical FH player (at least the ones on the forums)  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: How old is the typical FH player (at least the ones on the forums)
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:44 pm »
I'm twenty, and a lot of the people I RP with ingame are around my age (assuming they're all being honest about it, of course), but I'd guess the average is around fifteen based on what I've seen.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »
I think we can all agree that the majority of Ferals are teenagers and young adults.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »
At least 10-20. The youngest person I came across was 8 years old. And so far the oldest player I met was 31 (or so he/she claimed). As I've been told, this game is for people of "all ages". Of course, many people would agree that this is more of a game for 13+

My impression is that while this is a game intended for "all ages," only this narrow field is interested. I suppose it makes sense, highschoolers put up with so much, they need some way to express their pain. (Or maybe other issues, but that is my own personal bias. Sophomore in college, but HS still stings sometimes).
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »
I think the majority of the community is somewhere around 12-19. Though, it's been shown that 12 year olds can act more mature than 17-19 year olds, something which can be rather amusing to see. x3

How is this amusing, if I may ask?

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 01:03:53 am »
It's funny when a person claiming to be 27 years old can't spell to save their life, and is caps spamming about needing a mate in gen. Then they're completely dissed by a handful of 12-14 year olds.

I wonder what the average age for illiterate/semi-lit/literate players is. I'm 13.

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 01:31:34 am »
I tend to find more people close to my age of 21 than anything. Then again I'm not sure I care about age as long as the are friendly and try their hardest at rp-ing. But I'd say 13-17 is the most popular age range.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 01:44:22 am »
I'm 21 but I notice most players seem to be around the ages of 13-20ish or at least upper elementary & high school age. I have to say though that I have been a bit shocked to meet  some college age users here since I used to believe I was one of the few older fluffs on here. Some people are also soo mature that it's hard to tell their ages example: some of the mods. All in all the community seems to have a pretty varied age range so it's very interesting to see the interactions among younger and older individuals.

Offline wolvenland

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Alone in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:48:26 am »
I think we can all agree that the age ranges widely from 13-22 years of age. I'm personally 13, just to put that out there. And I think the most easy way to tell the difference in ages is their grammar and spelling. :3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 01:58:02 am »
And I think the most easy way to tell the difference in ages is their grammar and spelling. :3
I don't really agree with that. I have many Japanese friends who are in their 20's and are very intellectual people but have terrible spelling lol There are alot of users on Feral Heart whose first language isn't English. There are also people like me who have very derpy keyboards and any friend of mine can tell you I make a ton of spelling errors due to it sometimes and that makes me sound illiterate lol.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:00:29 am by LordSuragaha »

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:31:59 am »

If they wanna be illliterate, so be it. Maybe they just want to relax and have fun. Perso

nally, I don't give out my age online. My parents taught me well. But I have learned in my time here that age doesn't mark how literate or unliterate you are.