Author Topic: How do I put a portal to Cape in my map?  (Read 6068 times)

Offline wolfgirl2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
How do I put a portal to Cape in my map?
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:20:46 pm »
Ok, I need someone to dumb it down for me on how to put a portal to Cape of Distant Worlds in my map. I can't very well understand the tutorials I have found, and they don't very well fit my situaton. :U

*Certified Klutz* c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: How do I put a portal to Cape in my map?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:25:56 pm »
I'm sorry I'm not much of a map maker and can't give you my own explanation but hope this helps you Shae since it explains how to link maps with portals :) I don't know if it will but I hope it does D; Maybe you can make enough sense of something in it to use it for your situation. Goodluck

First of you have the regular "Has portal" checkbox.

When you check this you get fields that you can write in coordinates into. It's 4 of them. These determine where you land in your map as you enter the portal from cape. If you look in the bottom right corner, you will see numbers. and these are the ones you'll have to write into the fields if you want it at a certain spot.

So if you write something like

It will place you on the 100th coordinate from all directions with a 100 degree yaw.

The gates works fairly the same, but instead of just having a "has" portal, you link 2 of YOUR maps together. This means that if you add a gate in one of the maps. You need to write the coordinates that you want to END UP on your OTHER map.

If you have 2 maps, 1 named "Derp lands" and another one named "Hurrdurr" and you place a gate inside derp lands wanting it to go to hurrdurr. You'd have to get coordinates from within hurrdurr, and then edit the gate inside derp lands.

Play around with the map maker tools really. It will make things easier to understand.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:35:04 pm by LordSuragaha »

JackobLoveu

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:26:46 pm »
Is this new? Last time we didn't cause it already there. So I don't think you need to do that.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »
Actually, you do. If you don't, the portal will probably be out of map bounds.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »
I doubt you've seen this tutorial so maybe try this one as well :
http://buttonslady927.blogspot.com/2011/07/to-z-map-tutorial-portals-gates.html
:) Hope something here helps you

Offline wolfgirl2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:28 am »
I doubt you've seen this tutorial so maybe try this one as well :
http://buttonslady927.blogspot.com/2011/07/to-z-map-tutorial-portals-gates.html
:) Hope something here helps you
Hmm.. cave map? o.o I'm not connecting anything to a cave. Also, assuming both the maps belong to her, and only one map (not the Cape, my map) belongs to me, I'm not quite sure what to do. D8

*Certified Klutz* c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:14:12 am »
Don't pay attention to the cave bit just follow the first part under the first pic it explains it Shae :)

This part:
"You must connect it to Cape of Distant Worlds. To do this, click the Map tab and check the "Has Portal:" box. "Destination Position:" tells the game where you want to spawn or arrive in your map. Remember, the portal to Cape of Distant Worlds appears directly behind where you start! Zoom down to ground level and point the mouse on the ground where you want people to start when they enter your map. At the bottom of the screen there are several numbers in a narrow box. Write these down, memorize them, round them to the nearest whole number, whatever you need to do to remember them. The first number goes in the "X:" box (lol xbox), the second into the "Y:" box, and the third into the "Z:" box. If you want to be facing a certain way, turn your camera to face that direction. The last number in the box tells you the Yaw, or how much you turned. Add that number into the "Arrival Yaw:" box. If you want to face directly South, leave that last box blank. A helpful tip: If you spawn on an object, add 10 to the Y value to keep from falling through it. Don't forget to save."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:19:01 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:27 am »
Well if you wish to add a portal to the Cape in your map, all you have to do is check 'Has Portal' in the map maker, and then just type in the coordinates for where you want it to X, Y, Z and Yaw respectively. You can see the coordinates of the spot your mouse is at in the lower corner of your window.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo