Author Topic: Land of Lynthia [Remake.] [Inactive since 04/05/2013]  (Read 44907 times)

Offline Charlie-101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lynthia [Remake. Open and Accepting!]
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2013, 01:07:42 pm »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:11:48 pm by JD »
'If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!' ~Thorin Oakenshield

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »
While Carina was feeling more and more at home, Raven was feeling the exact opposite. Bouncing up and down, having her arm wrapped awkwardly around someone else and her safety depending on it, and the uncomfortable speed were not doing well to improve her mood. It was a good thing she had good control of it, otherwise by the time they reached the meeting area, she'd be one grumpy wizard. Eventually, though, it did become more comfortable and she was getting used to it, better late than never she supposed. All the same, she'd feel a lot better once she was down and on her own two feet.

Despite the uneasiness of the ride, Raven did well to estimate the distance they were going and how far they went. They were getting closer to the area, and as they did, the mage put her special talent to the test, taking a deep breath and releasing it through her nostrils. As the breath was released, so was the "energy field", spreading from her, to Carina, to the horse all the way down it's limbs, before touching the earth and going from there. While being in motion, it was going to be a little bit trickier but Raven wasn't going to risk having them ambushed. After all, it did seem a rather convenient way to draw out the princess (adopted or not), and either kill or capture her while she was alone. As each mile was covered, each area was proven to be clear save for the natural inhabitants of the forest, though that didn't ease the mage's mind. Though when they eventually began arriving to the spot, Raven was ready to assume that all was well, when something... strange happened.

A foreboding feeling crept through her, the arm wrapped about Carina's stomach unintentionally tightening. She knew this feeling, she recognized it instantly. It was exactly how she felt back at the festival, when she saw that dog. She was sure of it, even though it was brief. This time it didn't catch her off guard, ever since the first encounter (along with everything else that's happened), Raven was much more prepared. "I'm sure of it now... The dog and this man are somehow connected," she whispered this to Carina, loosening her grip. It was to assure her nothing was going on that second, but also to warn of their oncoming meeting. This could still be dangerous, and Raven didn't like what she sensed. "You said he was a slave to some woman, right? Whoever this woman is, she's a dangerous one, and very powerful. Too strong to be a mere mortal."

For the rest of the ride, Raven kept her silence. It was too late to turn back now and any questions or statements will have to be said later, or found out during the meeting. Which was about to begin. At last they had arrived, the mage marking exactly 20 miles in her mind and the sight of the half-elf just at the edge of her vision. Very lightly her brows lowered further, and Raven kept her head behind Carina to keep from being completely seen while she returned her hood over her head. Perhaps it was futile, or unnecessary, but one never knew. Holding onto the hood until the horse came to a stop, the mage dismounted from the animal as soon as she was able, relieved. However, when her legs touched ground, she nearly stumbled and swayed, but managed to hold her ground. She had been worried about that, and hoped she wasn't riding for too long to take affect, but it didn't matter. Her legs had to get use to ground again and keep it was sliding under her.

Raven didn't go up to the man right away, instead she finally took the role of remaining in the background. She knew her place when she saw it, this was Carina's invitation and her meeting. She'll take on the role as the visitor (which was technically true) and speak when appropriate. Though she had to wonder, what was this meeting going to be about? After all, it was the half-elf that invited the princess. When she and Carina drew nearer, recognition flashed across the dark violet irises beneath the hood, faint and well hidden. This was the one that had dropped the note, the very one in her pocket. Well, this man certainly got around, didn't he? No matter, now was not the time to discuss it. She'll just hold onto it till the right time.

Amusement glittered in Raven's eyes at the way this man spoke, taking it as a challenge even if it wasn't given as such. Originally planning on Carina have the first say (standing slightly behind her), Raven just couldn't resist and countered the half-elf's statement. "And by thy correction, thee would know the importance held and respected by Lady Carina, and why she should not be traveling alone. Especially when accepting an invitation from a lone male, drawing her away far from civilization, and upon first meeting."
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2013, 05:57:24 am »
((Waiting for Wolfy to post so I can post as both Carina and Noah.))

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Trust No One. If you want your secrets Safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »
(You guys may continue somewhat without me for a bit, I'm taking a slight vacation and our internet isn't very good at the time. I'll be back soon though.)

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2013, 04:48:00 am »
((Enjoy your vacation, Wolfy, and I hope your internet is working well again soon! Considering Noah will have nothing to do in your absence, he's going to trail after Carina and Raven to see what's up.))

Carina's expression lost anything remotely close to pleasant as she and Raven neared their destination, visage taking on a placid look. The cleric slowed Vigilance down slightly as they approached the clearing, then halted him so both she and the mage could dismount. Allowing Raven to do so first, she resisted the urge to hold out a steadying hand when she swayed, knowing that they had been riding for quite a while, and she would most likely be stiff and sore considering she was an inexperienced rider. Carina, however, was unaffected by the journey and was able to dismount with a decent amount of grace, clasping the leather reins in her hand to stop her palomino gelding from wandering off.

Stopping a respectable distance away just as Alistair had predicted himself, there was a slight flair in the cleric's dark green eyes at the words of the mercenary. "Feared more than loved, good Sir," came her curt response, tone conveying the air of authority of confidence that never left her side. "So I advise you to bear that in mind when you speak in such a way to your superiors." Carina had little patience for those who tried to challenge her authority or wit, and although she wasn't one to normally force her position upon others, she did it when she felt she had to.

Raven's words spoke truth, too, and the cleric was inwardly grateful that the mage had accompanied her to the meeting. A single man inviting a single lady to a remote clearing among thick forestry didn't scream safety and security, and Raven was able to defend the both of them better than Carina was able to defend herself alone... for the most part, at least. And Carina was aware that the mage had her own reasons for coming along, which the princess respected, and she planned on sharing the meeting.

Carina didn't particularly care whether Alistair was the one to initiate this meeting or not, she was going to be the one to start asking the questions. He was the one with the odd background that seemed to make no sense, and some strange connection to a dog that made the two of them seem uncannily alike. "Tell me something, Alistair," she began, her attention now fully on the male. "When you called this meeting, what exactly did you plan to achieve? I'm the one with the questions, Raven too."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Amber and Noah conversed in mere small talk, exchanging "thank you's" and "your welcome's" to make up for the happenings of the previous night, with some added flirting on Noah's part. But the mercenary was already beginning to itch for something to do, as he hadn't done anything productive since killing the last of the expers the previous day. He found himself looking over in the direction where the ginger-haired princess and the mage had disappeared a mere few minutes ago, once again wondering just what the two of them were up to. Figuring that he perhaps wasn't going to get very far in talking with Amber, considering she was taking some time off from her work and most likely wanted to relax, the mercenary took his leave from her company, and made haste for the spot where the two female's had departed from.

Resting a relaxed hand upon the handle of his rondel blade, Noah followed the imprints made in the soft soil left the palomino gelding, intrigued by the direction they were heading in. To his knowledge, there was nothing of particular interest down this way, it was the most plain of compass points to pick for excitement or sight-seeing. Noah was left to wonder if this was a kind of special meeting that he was definitely not meant to eavesdrop upon, which only made it all the more appealing to him. He was currently without a job from any clients regarding mercenary work, and in fact waiting to hear word from a close client in particular, so he had nothing pressing to get done until he received such word. This spurred him to follow through on his decision to track down the two females and find out what they were up to.

The journey was long on foot, but that wasn't much of a bother. Noah welcomed and enjoyed the exercise, and occasionally picked up the pace to a leisurely run to get his blood circulating. One hand never left his blade, though, as the forest could be particularly unfriendly at the best of times, and some of the more dodgy bandits and no-good thieves hid themselves along these tracks. So far he hadn't fun into any trouble, but that didn't mean to say he wouldn't.

((Still a bit undecided on what to do with Noah... I might have something for him to do by my next post.))

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:34 am »
((Waiting on JD to post :3

Oh, I'll also be absent tomorrow and possibly the day after, so if replies are slow from me that's why. It shouldn't be for long, though!))
The Hobbit

Offline Charlie-101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:50 am »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:46:21 am by JD »
'If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!' ~Thorin Oakenshield

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2013, 01:26:44 pm »
((Ooo, that does make things sound rather interesting. I believe I can definitely fit that in, let me PM you a few details and see if we can come to some sort of arrangement :3

I was debating for awhile if I should post or not... I think, though, I'll let Caitlin post first so her character may respond to Harodir first this time. Then I'll have more to go with for Raven, as I feel she'd probably wait for Carina to respond first instead of saying anything herself. Which may make my post a bit awkward. So feel free to post again Caitlin! ^.^
That is, unless you'd rather have me post first, then I can very well do that xD I'd just figured judging by Carina's personality [and position, obviously), she'd take charge and reply first to Alistair. However, if she needed help making a decision or choice [or you yourself did] she can seek counsel from Raven, whom will most likely reveal the piece of parchment to Harodir when she recognizes him.

P.S. I hope you feel better soon, JD! D: Everyone's been getting so sick lately T_T Then again, we did have that nasty outbreak of the flu not too long ago.))
The Hobbit

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:12 am »
((Hope you start feeling better soon, JD! Having a cold is no fun. And I'm happy to post now, Katsa, thanks x3))

There was a slight twang of uncertainty within Carina as soon as Alistair reached over his shoulder to retrieve one of his daggers, fiddling with it and clearly showing he had entire control over it. The princess herself had no training, and barely any knowledge of weapons (save for a bow and arrow set, which she was not currently in possession of), making her more vulnerable than him. That was a position she didn't like to be put in, but the cleric refused to show it, keeping her gaze trained on Alistair's face rather than the dagger, back straight and chin angled slightly upwards.

Alistair was right, there were only three options... with a fourth one being both parties walk away with no new knowledge whatsoever. That idea didn't appeal at all, as Carina did in fact want to know more about the strange elf-man, but nor did the idea of being slaughtered like common pig. Leaving the remaining two, she did have to admit that getting him to spill all his secrets for no favours in return would be tricky, especially considering Raven and Carina were the only two involved in this situation. And that left negotiating, which Carina was good at. With the reins still in her hand, she clasped both her hands behind her back and listened with the respect that Alistair did deserve to what he had to say.

"You assume that I have a dire need to get to know you better, Alistair," she commented first with a dark hum of amusement. "I could very easily call in back-up after your mention of murder, treason and thief, and they would happily make some special arrangements to pry the information out of you." That, of course, was a small bluff. King Jair was not one to be in favour of torturing any soul for information, and Carina was not that sadistic either. But in the times they lived in, torture was frowned upon, but not entirely uncommon. However, it was unlikely  that Carina would resort to such a thing when she had other options. "Alas, your final offer does strike my attention. What are these favours that you speak of that both Raven and I would be performing, hmm?"

Carina took a glance over her shoulder at the mage, not forgetting that she was also present. The cleric had no idea what kind of plans Raven had for herself, or what she can and can't do (or would and would not do), so it was over to her to speak up during the brief silence and state her opinions. If neither party could come to an agreement, they would have to come up with something else that would work, but Carina did have hope that Raven would also be game for favours for the mercenary in return for information... which she knew Raven also wanted to obtain.

((Not posting on Noah just yet, assume that he's still walking.))

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2013, 04:57:15 am »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:08:00 am by SoaringAway »