Author Topic: When people start to notice  (Read 3015 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
When people start to notice
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »
This is all very new to me.  :o People ingame are starting to recognise me, at least on the Doctor Flob character. I have random ferals I've never met run up to me, give me hugs or just saying hi. Other more extreme cases have been when I walked past someone and they said to me I was their idol.  :o
I'm not sure what to make of this...Not that I'm complaining, it's just...a very odd feeling.

I'm sure some of you lot have experienced a similar thing too. Care to share these exeriences, however weird and outlandish they might be?  ;)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: When people start to notice
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:46 pm »
I know this feeling.
I agree that it's an odd feeling. It's nice when people have a friendly conversation with you and all, but it can quickly go over to the uncomfortable zone.
I mean, I love talking to people, but it's a little awkward when they behave as if you're their best friends.
It also seems to tick off a few friends of mine as well when it happens.
RETIRED.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »
Trying to talk to administrators or mods is really awakward.
Twice I've whispered Red, and he always replies in one word scentences or not at all.
But then again, I think thats how he is.... I don't know if other "famous on the forums" people are like this :/

Offline sarabi26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • i hope you're having a great day!
    • malevolenthyena
    • hallucinatingmutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
*Shrug* Honestly the best thing to do is ignore them or just tell them to stop over-reacting over you. If I saw a mod/admin enter I'd just say "Hi <Famous person name> x3".
hi, i'm frankie!

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:09 pm »
Never had this. xD But I guess if I saw my role-model in real life, wandering around outside my house, i'd say hi xD
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »
This has never happened to me but I'v done it twice. :o I said hi to RawSyndicate(hope I spelled that right) and Alaskan just because I remember them from the forums even though I never met em'. X3

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:02 pm »
Is very nice to find people who knows you, and then you easily get new friends. Now you feel you are not alone anymore.

But after a while, you get some random friend requests sometimes, and you just accept those who are nice people.
Later, you notice you have more than 150 people on your friend list, and you cannot hang with everyone at same time, then everyone want to be with you and you get flooded with chat at local and whispers, then in some cases (especially if someone is your mate) they fight to be with you. You cannot have 5 minutes of peace with someone without having to answer someone.
You end by fearing public maps with a lot of people, and living in a corner of the last cave or atlantis.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »
I think it's nice to find people who recognize you from the forums, it gives you a feel that you're actually within the community.
I don't often find people approaching me, but meeting strangers is rather a nice - I've always enjoyed making new friends, and introducing them to mine.
Sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming, and it becomes embarassing if someone shouts: ''HEY ZARO I SAW U ON THE FORUMS.'' in general, but I love whisparz.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 11:21:06 pm »
Is very nice to find people who knows you, and then you easily get new friends. Now you feel you are not alone anymore.

But after a while, you get some random friend requests sometimes, and you just accept those who are nice people.
Later, you notice you have more than 150 people on your friend list, and you cannot hang with everyone at same time, then everyone want to be with you and you get flooded with chat at local and whispers, then in some cases (especially if someone is your mate) they fight to be with you. You cannot have 5 minutes of peace with someone without having to answer someone.
You end by fearing public maps with a lot of people, and living in a corner of the last cave or atlantis.
Good God, I hope it doesn't come to that! It sounds frightening xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:55 pm »
That used to be me. I would say hi on general chat and people would be like "OMG Ingredient!!" and "I know you from the forums! :D" One lovely person said that i was a role model to them, they looked up to me. It's a nice feeling to have people say things like that to you. Never have i had any of those experiences Thierry, sounds awfully frightening.

I'm not so noticed anymore so it's kind of a lost feeling if you know what i mean, it was nice while it lasted.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.