Author Topic: Dr. Flob Rants - Unappreciative people  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Flob Rants - Unappreciative people
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure this topic should be locked now o_o to avoid any other conflicts and mixed feelings
Plus...there is enough long post to read.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »
The topic was locked yesterday and then reopened. Several mods have seen it already too and honestly as I told another user yesteday:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions so it's an interesting discussion, at least to me it is. I actually appreciate that Doctor Flob wrote this post since alot of people got to air themselves out a bit about negative and positive feelings about the staff and so forth. We need more knitty gritty discussions like this on the forum so long as rules, respect, and honesty are still priority no matter how heated the discussion gets. I appreciate that the mods have reopened it since it has been nice to hear everyone's feelings but especially because it provides a way for not only the mods to learn potential new ways to their approaches and work in this community but for the regular users to also understand more of the staff's side as well and learn how to play and coincide together. Constructive criticism is a healthy thing especially if we want to keep this community together and everyone happy.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »
I honestly didn't think that the post would stimulate this much discussion xD. I agree with what Suragaha is saying in that discussion such as this one are good for the community. I believe that we can learn one or two things from each other; I certainly have.
However, during this discussion I couldn't help but notice, what I interpret as, some aggressive language coming from people. By aggressive I don't mean worked up, angry, or aggrivated...just very emotive. I see a lot of people have strong opinions here. It was never my intention to start a war, guys! :D
And anyway, my thoughts and opinions stand exactly where they stood when I started this thread.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 09:47:26 pm »
I'm also glad this was reopened, and I'd like to say I'm sorry for being childish. There's those little things that get me mad, and then an opportunity to speak up arose, so I went for it. I was surprised that other people shared my views, so I was happy, still am. Some of the things Red mentioned are not true for me, while other times they are. But I didn't post that because of one little issue, I'm genuinely annoyed by more than that. I brought up some trivial things, but like I said above, I felt I needed to say it, I wasn't trying to spread negativity.

And I'm not saying it's bad to hang out with others by the way, it's just that when there are mods/staff hanging out at the N/Z, I see them piled together with huge amounts of people swarming about them, so much that the lag gets really bad. In other games when a mod comes by, a few people might walk over and say hi for a casual chat, just because mods are cool, but I also remember a while ago that I was actually afraid to confront mods. Mods were like, the boss; you could stalk them and be all, "Whoa I found a mod!" But when I see swarms of people hanging around mods now-a-days, I get agitated. Sometimes I feel that mods think they are above us, of course I don't know that, it's just what I think. What I'm saying may be childish, but I just needed to let it out, you could say. I hope others will share their opinions civilly, because I like to read. I really thought about what Red, wolffox, and Crin said.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »
We decided to re-open it to give chance for users to reply a bit instead if they wanted something said.

But I can agree, the topic itself will not spread much good on this forum and the situations brought up I know exactly what is pointed towards, but they are not justified to me, nor professionally spoken of in some places.

Just like any other player, a staff and mod might not respect you back if you don't do the same for them, and I'm not speaking of kissing up. Personally, doesn't matter where it is here on the internet or the thing we call real life. If someone treats me badly for just being around, I will not put up a red carpet for them to walk on. Some users claim more respect, and to know more about situations they truly do not.

If you want to be acknowledged, understood, and respected, then you must show you can be the same. If you have anything you want to tell me or anyone else regarding this whole modding situation, such as mods grouping and acting badly, then feel free to contact and explain what's going on with something to show.

I will lock this away to prevent any further derping going on.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:19:43 am »
Just like any other player, a staff and mod might not respect you back if you don't do the same for them, and I'm not speaking of kissing up. Personally, doesn't matter where it is here on the internet or the thing we call real life. If someone treats me badly for just being around, I will not put up a red carpet for them to walk on. Some users claim more respect, and to know more about situations they truly do not.

If you want to be acknowledged, understood, and respected, then you must show you can be the same.