Author Topic: We're scared. Can we talk about that?  (Read 7017 times)

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
We're scared. Can we talk about that?
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »
 Listen, many people out there have phobias. Some are severe, some are minor. Some are big fears, others are small. For example, you can be afraid of bees or afraid of germs. You can freak out when your high or you can simply shudder. Whatever your phobia (if you have one) you shouldn't feel ashamed. So, for all the people out there with phobias, here's a place to talk about it--perhaps with another person that has that phobia!

Do I have a phobia? Why yes, I do. It's called melissophobia--the fear of bees (and wasps). For me, I'm in the middle, yet I lean more to the severe side. When bees are near me, I crouch on the ground and try to protect myself in any way possible--including using a human shield XD. And guess what? I've never been hurt by any sort of bug--ever. It's purely psychological. I nearly flunked my English test because there was a bee in the room. I could hardly concentrate! Anyway, when I can see bees from afar, I sometimes scream, but always dash off and hide, or just keep running. My fear kicked in when I was around 7. From then on, it's been getting worse.

What about you?

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
Re: We're scared. Can we talk about that?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »
Listen, many people out there have phobias. Some are severe, some are minor. Some are big fears, others are small. For example, you can be afraid of bees or afraid of germs. You can freak out when your high or you can simply shudder. Whatever your phobia (if you have one) you shouldn't feel ashamed. So, for all the people out there with phobias, here's a place to talk about it--perhaps with another person that has that phobia!

Do I have a phobia? Why yes, I do. It's called melissophobia--the fear of bees (and wasps). For me, I'm in the middle, yet I lean more to the severe side. When bees are near me, I crouch on the ground and try to protect myself in any way possible--including using a human shield XD. And guess what? I've never been hurt by any sort of bug--ever. It's purely psychological. I nearly flunked my English test because there was a bee in the room. I could hardly concentrate! Anyway, when I can see bees from afar, I sometimes scream, but always dash off and hide, or just keep running. My fear kicked in when I was around 7. From then on, it's been getting worse.

What about you?
I have the same phobia LOL, anyways sense I have depression even shows that arn't scary
I cant watch it at night..
or I will have trouble sleeping
not much of a phobia just a weird disorder..
I'm also afraid of slender man (<.<) and bigfoot... ;/
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 12:24:03 am »
Wait a minute...are you saying you're afraid of bees or scary t.v. shows? Or both?

And btw, scary t.v. shows are MEANT to be scary...o.O

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:32:08 am »
I have a phobia for sharks. Sadly, my friends find it amusing to send me pictures of sharks.
A guy I used to have a crush on made me watch Shark Night 3D while he slept.

And then we have this thread. I don't mind it's existance, but it had me in tears after the first image popped up.
I have still not been able to read the thread. x.o
RETIRED.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:36:21 am »
Oohhh...yea. My friend has a fear...I really don't think it's severe enough to be a phobia....of sharks. We went on a field trip once to sleep-over at a "marine zoo" (I totally just forgot the name of those XD) and the girls had to sleep in a room with a shark swimming in a tank with tons of other fish. She barely got any sleep :I. Neither did I, since she kept squeezing my hand so much that I kept waking up lol.
 She also has a fear of heights, which I do think is a phobia. She was in tears when we were on an old battleship, at the top of it. :I

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 01:23:22 am »
I love spiders, snakes, and other things others are normally afraid of. My phobia? I am scared to DEATH of things that don't exist. If you give me a deadly snake, heck I'd play with it until it killed me. You tell me a myth, and I'll be blockading doors and putting out the creature's weakness everywhere. Never makes sense.

Offline WisdomsDaughter

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 01:29:20 am »
I am horribly arachnophobic (fear of spiders) I once ended sleeping on the Sofa because I saw a spider on the stairs and refused to go past there. If I happen to see a spider (I don't care how far) I'll run away screaming bloody murder.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 01:32:28 am »
Oohhh...yea. My friend has a fear...I really don't think it's severe enough to be a phobia....of sharks. We went on a field trip once to sleep-over at a "marine zoo" (I totally just forgot the name of those XD) and the girls had to sleep in a room with a shark swimming in a tank with tons of other fish. She barely got any sleep :I. Neither did I, since she kept squeezing my hand so much that I kept waking up lol.
 She also has a fear of heights, which I do think is a phobia. She was in tears when we were on an old battleship, at the top of it. :I
Ha, that reminds me.
When I was 12, we went to a 'museum' in Gothenburg. There was a tank with sharks in there, a tunnel leading through.
Either way, my class mates wanted to go through, and I told them I couldn't. I was too scared.
So they said they'd lead me through, held their hands in-front of my eyes and I closed them.
"We're there." they said, removed their hands, when I opened my eyes, there was a big shark swimming towards us.
Sooo yeaa. I can't exactly remember what happened but I believe I was crying. xD
RETIRED.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 01:41:19 am »
Well that's a mean prank >:(

Once, a boy in my class (On April Fool's Day) told me there was a giant wasp behind me. I made of fool of myself screaming and running around. My girlfriends were about to hammer him XD He was just like O.O "Never messing with a girl again..." lol

SoulRevenge

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 07:16:48 am »
I have an odd fear of Limes-

Don't ask why, but I just get all squeamish around them. ;~;.

This was found out when my friend started playing around with a Lime in the Cafeteria (While I was basicly petrified)- Because of that incident, I'm permitted to eat in the classroom with the teacher whenever we have Limes oVo

Iswearit'stheoddestfearever. Yarp.