Author Topic: Nice and/or Amusing Warrior Cat Names  (Read 52958 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Nice and/or Amusing Warrior Cat Names
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2013, 02:54:40 am »
I recently saw a warrior with the name "Painfulpast"..... Now I wonder how he got the name "Painfulkit"? I guess his mother was in alot of pain giving birth to him?
Inactive

Offline xJaytailx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The average stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:48 am »
I have seen some unique and bizarre names.
1.Buttstar
2.Goatheart...(weird)
3.Tubepaw (haha I love that one xD)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:09 am »
Revolutionpaw. Say what?

Offline LonelyMerchant

• Curious Wanderer
    • skarsgaardian
    • StupidLegos
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2013, 03:35:57 am »
My friend and I saw one at the Stone Bridge named SatanStar, and another called Fallingkit later that week. When it came to the kit, we came up with a back story for it: "Fallingkit. The mother was named Starstar, and was pregnant with Fallingkit. She somehow tripped on a dead fox and fell down a steep yet not-so-steep cliff and died. The kit was dropped on its head, in turn getting that jinxed name, and then Scourge came and killed the mother. The End." I've also seen some cats named Vomitstar, Winekit, and Sickpaw.

Note to Warrior cat creators when naming them: Think before you accept it. It'll eventually be misinterpreted as something else.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:37:38 am by DarkMidnight »

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »
Okay, the running lawn mower comment just about had me on the floor. XD That was absolutely amazing, Sil.

And while, yes, people are allowed to name their own characters whatever they want, I don't think they understand what goes into that name. If you want to make a good, solid character, especially in the Warriors universe, the name must, first and foremost, make sense to what the character is.

For example, in the books, Firestar is given his prefix "Fire" because his coat is orange AND because of the prophecy Bluestar received. His warrior suffix was "heart" because his heart was always in the right place.

The character Tigerstar was given the prefix of "Tiger" because his litter mates were sick and dying, and his mother hoped that by giving him a strong sounding name, he would survive. His warrior suffix was "claw" because he had very long, sharp claws.

Bottom line: the names make sense for the character as a whole.

That being said, I can see where a handful of names would fly. Such as "Leafeye." Okay, we can break that down; "Leaf" could possibly be for the clan the cat lived in, being born in the Spring, or because his or her soft fur; "eye" could be from the cat's eyes actually being green, or because he or she has good eyesight.

Unfortunately, most good warrior names get lost in the mass of names that make no sense, such as "Lionblaze." Yes, that is a name from the books, and I never once thought it made any sense. "Lion" for his fur and size? Certainly believable. But "blaze"? For what? I'm sure one could argue it was for his fighting prowess, but "blaze" usually refers to fire, especially in the Warrior cat universe, and last time I read the books, none of the cats could use fire as a weapon (and it was only used as a trap once by Ashfur in a scenario that made legitimate sense). They could only run from it.

I recently saw one cat named "Bloodfrost." First of all, no sane warrior cat mother would name their kit "Bloodkit," even if the birth was unpleasantly gory (fetuses don't exactly come out clean, after all). Arguing that the kit's fur is red is not a good excuse, either, because there are plenty of other normal words to be used, including the word "Red."

And as a suffix... "frost"? Really? Blood cannot have frost. It can freeze, but only once a living creature has died, presumably in the cold. I myself once had a cat named "Snowfrost" and I look back at that name and shake my head, because "frost" simply does not add anything to the cat as a character. I'm sure some people would argue that their cat is cold-natured, but Crowfeather was also gold-natured (even if only on the outside) and he was not given a suffix named after an effect weather has on the ground. His son was even colder toward other cats, and his name was "Breezepelt." The word "frost" makes much more sense as a prefix than a suffix in the Warriors universe.

"Dogkit" was another. Why on earth would a mother be so cruel as to name her kit after an animal that posed a legitimate threat? That name makes zero sense.

Most of the biggest offenders by far are those who give their warriors names that are outside of the warrior cat vocabulary. You can't have names like "Gypsymoon". Cats don't know what a gypsy is. Even a kittypet would not know that word.

Any type of religious-related name, like "Angelface" or "Demonpaw." Cats. Do. Not. Know. These. Words.

Types of valuable or pretty stone do not work, either. No warrior cat knows what a sapphire, diamond, or jewel is. And having names that consist of verb suffixes make no sense, either.

And the name Zimstar. Seriously. Invader Zim is the ONLY place that name could have possibly come from, and not even the smartest of kittypets would know it.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here; this post is probably already being labeled as a "TL;DR." XD I will end on this note, however: I AM a Warrior cats fan. But when even the author comes up with names that make no sense? That's the point at which I am done. The first six books were all that was needed, and the second six made for a good sequel. Everything beyond it is craptacular.

And yes. I have read it.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline criesinthedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • i'm smiling at you XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2013, 09:26:27 am »
I have seen many warrior cat names here on feral heart.Though nothing gets me more than the warrior names XD I have seen quite a few good ones like Ferntail,Redfern etc...And some funny ones to.Moobut,Derpmouth. I found out that the terms 'Frost...,Wolf....Ice and coble are amung the most common.
a small creature on the prowl for her daski, she's friendly and kind and looks out for friends and help whenever she can!^^

Offline pyroraptor1

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
My favorite warrior is calling Crookshanks^^

Offline criesinthedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • i'm smiling at you XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »
Actually I found a few.failurepaw(Well,At least we now know that it is not the most skillful of warriors XD) Randomfur(say what now?).If I find anymore I will let you know XD.
a small creature on the prowl for her daski, she's friendly and kind and looks out for friends and help whenever she can!^^

Offline llJinxxyll

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |||Jinxxy|||
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2013, 09:14:09 pm »
My gosh.. Twigleap. How can a twig, leap!? I have also seen Applestar and Bananakit ;A;

?Jinxxy?
�True Wiccan
�Oreo Eater
�T.A.N.W.E.R.D.O.
Cute Avatar by Rusty! Thanks hun<333

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »
I recently saw one with the name MurderousMind....
Inactive