Author Topic: When I first joined I.....  (Read 10307 times)

Offline Cerizen

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: When I first joined I.....
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 01:10:57 am »
Back on my old account (which I didn't go on the forums at all) I..

1. My first character was a dark grey canine with purple swirl markings and called Crescentfur.
2. Ran around as a pup with the saddest emote I could find to get people to adopt me.
3. My first lion was a cub named Waffle.
4. I had no literacy.
5. I thought the yellow friend dots on the maps were portals and I spent ten minutes trying to get up a mountain ._.

[there's a time and a place for mucking around.]

Offline natbug19980

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I absolutely adore this game, it's my life now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:06 am »
When I first joined I ...

~ Didn't know the 'z' and 'x' shortcuts.

~ Didn't know how to use the chat box.

~ Didn't know what all of the icons meant in the bottom corner.

~ Had no idea how to walk, I used the mouse for like 2 weeks.

~ Didn't know how to dash.

~ Got annoyed by the general chat and couldn't figure out how to turn it off.

~ Was not literate whatsoever.

~ Didn't know about the Printscreen glitches.

~ Had no idea that the portals would take you to another map, I used to think that if you went in one your character would get deleted.

~ Didn't travel outside of Bonfire until after about 3-4 weeks.

~ Didn't learn how to be semi-literate until after about a month and a half.

~ Didn't learn how to be very literate until after about 3-4 months.

~ Had no clue that you could use the numbers for shortcuts to emotes.

~ Once I finally did travel into the portals, had no idea how to get back up from the Ficho Tunnel waterfall. I'd create a new character.

~ Didn't know how to make an epic looking character, first character was a female canine that was completely black with bright purple swirl markings, had everything set to default, had the default eye color, and had bright green wings.

~ Had no idea what these meant: :P, xD, c:, ;-;, o-o, o.o, ^-^, @-@, etc.

~ Hung around the Mate Center in Bonfire looking for a mate.

~ Made a puppy, once I had finally figured out that you could change the default settings, and went around randomly following people, whether they wanted me or not. xD

-- That's all I can think of right now.--

Signature by Abomine
                                                            Username: Natbug19980

SoulRevenge

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:36 am »

-My first character was a white canine with dark red diamond-markings|
-I didn't know that Stone Bridge was. . well, what it is|
-The waterfall at Ficho was 'The Point of no return'|
-I had a very difficult time learning to type 'properly', and I took a whole seven month to adapt myself to my surroundings ouo|
-Wings were non-existant at the time, so I had a heck of a time getting to the top of Temple|
-I used to think the moderators were computers, and sometimes I left out random comments about them|
-I did /not/ have a hard time at roleplaying, but I most defiantly was not brilliant at it.|
-When I first logged onto the forums, I wondered why it said I was a "Newb", despite the fact I had been playing for three months|
-Anybody popular was someone I rebelled against|
-I spent my days in General, rambling about nonsense|
-I thought 'mapped' meant that users has a specialy colour-coded map to replace the one in your corner made by Kovu.|
-I had no idea who the moderators or administrators were|
-If someone ever killed my character, I kind of started crying in real life because I thought that meant I had to delete the character (My apathetic almost-ten-year-old mind c:)|
-A perticuliar Gamzee character was seen as "an immature douche that types in a stupid way" ono. (I'mSorryClown-Worshipper!)|
-Now for something I'm proud of~ I was capable of joining a roleplay and learning the basic 'illiterate' (as alot of us call it) style the first day.
-Another not-so-embarassing-thing. I made several friends on my first day, many in which I've long forgotten of, rather unfourtantly.
-Presets were special markings made by special users that everyone could see in-game|
-Thought that 'Movie' could be used for making short stories with other users.|

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:53 am »
Couldn't find anything on the forum.

When I moved accidently (Because I used W, S, D, A) with the mouse I freaked out.

Couldn't click the right icons.

Didn't think I could fly, so I got not wings.

Didn't know how to slap people.

Thought Bonfire was normal. o-o'

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 03:16:37 am »
i see we got a homestucker here |D go homestuck!!! anyways when i first joined i got confused with all the chat boxes and didnt know how to rp well, made really bad looking chars, got lost really easily and couldnt find anything xD didnt know how to dash sit howl roar etc. i was really bad at running around and often fell into hard places and couldnt get out xD (the flourite rivers ya know the Y river and under stone bridge etc.) and didnt know anyone and they all scared me. didnt know how to download anything until just the past summer. lol

Offline moonshimmer100

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 03:22:43 am »
when i first joined i
1. always had a fat muzzle because i didn't think to shrink it
2. didn't know how to move without clicking
3. didn't know you could walk or crouch
4. didn't know what rp was and got really confused whenever i saw someone rp
5. thought bonfire island was the only map until i found ficho
6. when i first ran into fluorite i thought it was the same map as bonfire island so i spent an hour swimming through the ocean like areas looking for bonfire island after about 2 days i asked a random stranger for directions and they taught me how to click the go home button
7. didn't know that lots of people on fh knew about warrior cats so once when i was in Fluorite i saw some warrior cats running around so i got excited because i thought they would be the only people on fh to know what warrior cats was so i chased them around begging to join thier clan but they wouldn't let me because i was a lion cub and i wouldn't change because i was afraid i wouldn't be able to find them again
8. didn't know how to log out properly so whenever i got off i clicked the x to close it
9. didn't know you could have more then one character
10. didn't know what people meant when they said godmodding or powerplaying
11. didn't know what trolling was
12. i didn't know what mate begging was so when i saw people mate begging i thought that was the only way to get a mate
Hello random person! ^_^

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:09 pm »

...I spent a long time figuring out how to move (I tried to move with the arrow keys, not being much of a gamer back then);

Erm...you CAN move with the arrow keys.

Offline KibaWolf73

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 08:38:15 am »
I am pretty sure the arrow keys control the camera. You actually move with the WASD keys.

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 11:58:42 am »
Hmm*goes to play FH* Oh yea /shot.

But I think I turn with the arrow keys and actually run/walk with the WASD keys, so I got a little confuzzled. XD

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 01:53:17 pm »
When I first joined I....

1. I was a bad RPer since I came here from WolfQuest.

2. Would make a charrie and go straight to Temple of dreams, I was scared of the big maps and exploring. I tried to explore the first time I got the game but it kept crashing. You can see the temple portal from almost anywhere in flourite so I always ran to it.

3. I finally got brave enough to explore I got very, very lost in Flourite plains for hours.

4. I thought Cape was a new map for a while because I had never seen that little island for weeks.

5. Was taught by my friend how to download maps, I could then download everything fine. Fast learner with some things 8D

6. I only made canines, still only make canine characters.

7. It took me hours to find the courage to talk to people.

8. Didn't know there where other chats and I thought you could change your text colour. This ended up me replying to a whisper in local saying "How did you make your text blue?"

9. I never knew the game had Mods until it was to late for a friend of mine.

10. I wanted to play every second of every day.