Author Topic: Ick.. Exports troubles  (Read 869 times)

Offline Paxis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Ick.. Exports troubles
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:04:22 am »
What should I do when files I'm exporting have the same name? I could click cancel, but then the files I'm trying to copy into the exports folder won't be there. And when the previous files are renamed with (2), (3), etc. those files will no longer work.
What happens is I can only get all the complete files and objects for the 1st map exports I put in. Any other map with different titles for things will not show. (What I mean by this is objects, such as labeled "My Trees", will not show since the 1st map has an export that says that.)
Some maps are completely dependable that all files get in the exports too, so it's really frustrating.

Anyone know how to fix my problem? Should I add folders into the exports? (I don't think that'll let the files work though, but I dunno.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:14:25 am by Paxis »

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Ick.. Exports troubles
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:28:52 am »
This is a problem I frequently run in to. It should simply overwrite object files and such. However, I have found that overwriting a MAP file (Not the display name, but the "Map Name") causes it to crash map maker completely, and sometimes all of Fh. So just change the "Map Name" and it should work.

Offline Paxis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:49:18 am »
Thanks, two out of 3 maps are working now. XD My maps I use are a PrideLands map, Shiranui's Forest map, and HorseLand map. PrideLands's exports won't work when overwritten so I have those placed in as the first ones. Shrianui's Forest seems okay with being overwritten. HorseLand.. With or without being overwritten, it seems to be having server problems. I'm gonna ask in the topic if others are having server problems, because maybe the issue is unrelated. :P
If I get answers from people that HorseLand is working for them I may still have a problem, but for now, yeah. XD Thanks!

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:52:37 am »
You're welcome.~ Hope your problem gets fixed! Sorry I cannot help to a fuller extent.