Author Topic: Preset not showing?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline .:~LeftOver~:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset not showing?
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:44 am »
So, I download a preset, export it, then take the export folder and put it into mediafire etc. Then when people download the file for the preset and paste it into Feralheart>Presets. They claim it's not showing up, what did I do wrong?
your wish is something something.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Preset not showing?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:52:54 am »
Do you mean they cannot see you wear it or they cannot use it through Preset Maker?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:56:40 am »
So, I download a preset, export it, then take the export folder and put it into mediafire etc. Then when people download the file for the preset and paste it into Feralheart>Presets. They claim it's not showing up, what did I do wrong?

(Same like Ingredient is asking) What do you mean by this? You mean you gave them the fhp file and they can't see you in the preset you downloaded and are wearing? Or do you mean you downloaded a preset and you're sharing the same preset with them to wear? Your description is a little confusing.

I'm guessing you're trying to get them to see your own preset? If so make sure that when you log in you use the exact log in username you registered for before exporting the preset. Basically that means do not export the preset while you are logged in as some variation of your original username. Presets are very picky about simple things like caps etc so it has to be the exact username with the exact caps etc before you export. Once you export with the right name you can then share the fhp file with friends and they should be able to see you. You find that fhp file in your "presets" folder once you export too.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:58:29 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline ultimate

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:16 pm »

(Same like Ingredient is asking) What do you mean by this? You mean you gave them the fhp file and they can't see you in the preset you downloaded and are wearing? Or do you mean you downloaded a preset and you're sharing the same preset with them to wear? Your description is a little confusing.

I'm guessing you're trying to get them to see your own preset? If so make sure that when you log in you use the exact log in username you registered for before exporting the preset. Basically that means do not export the preset while you are logged in as some variation of your original username. Presets are very picky about simple things like caps etc so it has to be the exact username with the exact caps etc before you export. Once you export with the right name you can then share the fhp file with friends and they should be able to see you. You find that fhp file in your "presets" folder once you export too.

Yes, you are right. I''m trying to get them to see the preset I'm wearing. I did export the preset to my main username, also the one I play my character on with the preset. I did upload the file to mediafire and used the same exact username as it says on the file. People claim they can't see me wearing it.

Offline .:~LeftOver~:.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:01 pm »
Sorry about the weird person replying...guess my account flipped.
your wish is something something.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »
Not sure why it wouldn't work if you typed your name in correctly. You can always go into your "Presets" folder and delete that preset's fhp file and then reenter the preset maker and try exporting it again. Just be sure that you are logging in with the right username in the right caps when you export it again this time.

Also what is your username anyway? Maybe it has spaces or strange symbols in it that are throwing things off also. If anything you could try refering to this:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1800.0

I hope it helps & goodluck