Author Topic: Flourite Plains  (Read 5109 times)

BouncyLion101

Flourite Plains
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »
Alright, this is going to be a rant thing. If you don't like those things then you can leave. *shows to door*

Now, most of the user's in Feral Heart know that Flourite Plains is a place where a lot of people meet and roleplay or recruit, whatever.
What's bad about this is there's a few hundred people playing Feral Heart whenever I'm online, which is the morning on weekends and around 5:00 PM. So whenever I try and get into Flourite Plains it's always giving me bad tokens and not connecting me to the server.

I don't have a lot of time to play games like Feral Heart, and the amount of players clogging up Flourite is really annoying.
We desperately need new maps, but with Kovu gone it doesn't look like there will be any new official maps.

I'm so sick of not being able to join or get back to my friends or roleplay because of the server being too full.

That's the end of my rant thing...post below any comments on this or what you think should be done.

Offline Soakitup

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Timberrrrrr!
    • View Profile
Re: Flourite Plains
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:47:44 pm »
I'm pretty bummed about not usually being able to get into Flourite for about 30 minutes, too, since it's my favorite place to just hang out and chill on a rock.  :-[ I'm not sure what could be done about it; maybe when Kovu reappears a second plains could be made that's a little bit different with a different name. I'd like that too. If not, I can just hang out in Ficho or something, although I do like the plains the best.

Offline wolvenland

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Alone in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »
This has been brought up before, multiple times actually. The thing is, we can't really do anything about it. Fluorite is one of the favourite maps, which is why a lot of people go there. The best thing that one can do is simply ask your friends to move to another, less populated, map or make one yourselves. Trust me, I know the feeling of waiting minutes to hours of trying to get into Fluorite Plains.

Also, if you ever have a problem trying to get your character out of FP, then you can reset your character using the Character Reset button when you log into the gold box in the upper right-hand corner.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:37 am »
I have my own way of "busting" incoming bad tokens.

Initially, when you move your cursor across the loading screen, it lags. If it moves smoothly afterwards, chances are you'll encounter a bad token. If it lags again after the initial lag, you'll most likely get on.

Works for me, at least.

That works for me too, I found that out like a few days ago, lol.

Offline ace13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Squash ball racquets PROHIBITED!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
Well, for starters.. there's 2 reasons you get blocked out, *quotes* "it's popular" and the other being, account traffic. As you should all know by now, the FeralHeart system can't hold THAT much data, and if the map capacity were to be increased, well.... DAYUMN.... I ain't playin' a game that continuously crashes. There is additional options to this problem.

*Make or find your own map.
  - If you have the time you can make your own PUBLIC map that's somewhat like Fluorite Plains. You can tell your friends and other people about it. Advertise it even, pretty soon it will be known all around FH and people will download it. Making it a popular custom map that will split the overload of people in a map.
  - You can look for another map within the FH forums. Possibley public and popular.
*WAIT!
  - If you're getting frustrated about the amount of people in a map, just take a break and find something to do while you're waiting for the map to calm down.
*FeralHeart+
  - Ever downloaded FeralHeart, Plus? It's an addition to the game that everyone/most people know about. Some people claim it can give your computer a virus... Well, I have to debate on that. It doesn't do so unless you have a bad computer. If you have a high security computer with heaps of space, why not GET IT!?

~~~~~~~~~~

That's all I have to say at the moment. I hope I helped, Bouncy. Old friend<3
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:56:06 am by ace13 »

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »
The Fluorite Map is a popular subject to rant about, and I honestly don't blame you. It can very quite irritating when you try to get into the map and you continuously get messages saying "Failed to connect to map server," or you get bad tokens. There's not really anything we can do about it either. All you can do if either go into another map, whether it be a default map or a custom map, or just keep trying to get in until you find a space - that's what I do. It can take a good few tries but you will get there eventually.
Perhaps one day the user limit in maps with go up again and they'll be more of a chance of getting into Fluorite at busy times, but until that happens we have to make do with what you have now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:56:09 pm by ♉DoctorFlob☮ »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

BouncyLion101

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »
@ace13
Once you put it that way, I guess ranting about Flourite is pretty pointless.
Thanks for the advice though. ^^

@DoctorFlob
Yes, it is very irritating. -.- I do hope we get the map capacity goes back up too. :/

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:26:29 pm »
Well sometimes I always try to join and It does not load then I try again and then it works when people leave

Koza_The_Wise

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »
Ok, heres a question then, if your home is set to this map and your trying to long into Flourite Plains and can't, is there any way to reset your self on a less populated map?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:30:50 pm by josh bearden »

Offline tanatiger2002

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • #lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 11:33:53 pm »
@ josh bearden ~ Yeah there is a way.If you look up in the corrner you'll see a thing that says Charecter Reset.Click that, sign in, then find you charecters name that you want to move then click Go Home.But if that charecter's home is in FP then you click reset home, that would take it to Lonely Cave agian.Then you click Go Home, and BOOM problem solved!

Yeah this happens to me alot.I normaly get on as soon as I get home from school because normaly everyone's at work or school.So that means that FP isent as crowded.And a little hint; on the forum board move you curser to the side where you move the page up and down then a list of maps will pop out.Look all the way up and You'll see Flourite Plains. If its a high number I perfer not going in.If it about 157 or so I would go on in.But thats what I do.
???? ??? ?????

Need help? Feel Free to PM me!