Author Topic: REALLY big issue...Windows 8? (SOLVED! I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT RUN!)  (Read 6169 times)

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
We recently got a new laptop. We're talking fancy brand new, out of the box. It is a lenovo, and has all of the same stuff as my desktop, it even has a better graphics card. BUT it has windows 8 on it. Is FH not compatable with windows 8 or something? I can download it just fine, but when I go to run the setup, and start installing, it tells me that there are problems with a file and it cant do it. Any help would be great. I'm thinking it might be windows 8, so if anyone has 8 and plays FH, TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

EDIT Run the freaking setup program in windows XP S.P.3 compatability mode ALL TEH TIEM.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:19:33 am by Sonia »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: REALLY big issue...Windows 8?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:55:13 am »
Well, I'm no pro with computers, but it could just be that you're using the wrong download link.
When you go to Download FeralHeart, are you clicking the Torrent or Download? If you're using the Torrent, that could be your problem. Be sure to use the normal Download.

(Hopefully it's not much more complicated than this. Good luck!)
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

JackobLoveu

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:12 am »
FeralHeart works for Windows 8. c: I have a Windows 8, myself, and really, there doesn't seem to be any difference for me. I have a laptop, as I have to travel a lot, but still, it really shouldn't make a difference. As long as you download the correct download, which should be the "FeralHeart Game Setup". It'll install the installer and then you install from there. xD

I believe other downloads should work aswell, Maps, Mods, other sturf.

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:52:15 am »
I'm using the setup download instead of the torrent. I don't know what's wrong with it. I'm thinking to have my fiancee take a look. He's the computer wizzard.

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:38:46 am »
Well, I have the exact same laptop as you. xD Windows 8 Lenovo Laptop. I'm not nearly a good computer wizard to call myself that, but I think I might know what's wrong.

Make sure that the file is a .exe file because sometimes the annoying glitch of Windows 8 takes over and changes it to another type.(As in an execution file) And also make sure that no anti-virus software is blocking it. Then go and try to install it again. If it says the same stuff, tell me what it says. :3

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:30 am »
Oh. My. Fluff. That could be the problem...I'll try it now! XD *fingers crossed*

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:52:58 am »
Still having the issue. I'm using the correct download, turned off my anti-virus, all of that. Here is a link to a screen cap I took of the problem. If i hit "ignore" this window pops up for EVERY FREAKING FILE. I'm about ready to throw this laptop out the window.

Offline hyperdane

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: REALLY big issue...Windows 8? (SOLVED! I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT RUN!)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 04:58:25 am »
Maybe you should try downloading Windows 7 for your laptop. Feralheart runs perfectly on Windows 7. If you can't then I don't know any other solution. ;( I hope that works for chu.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: REALLY big issue...Windows 8? (SOLVED! I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT RUN!)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:26:14 pm »
Maybe you should try downloading Windows 7 for your laptop. Feralheart runs perfectly on Windows 7. If you can't then I don't know any other solution. ;( I hope that works for chu.

I know you were trying to be helpful but in the future try not to necro old threads. This thread is from 2013.

Locking ~