Author Topic: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!  (Read 9792 times)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:44 am »
Very few people bother me about name copying, Probably because the names I use are a bit uncommon. However when someone does feel the need to freak out on me about my character names I usually get really sarcastic and ask if they have a copyright on the name. Though on one occasion someone tried to tell me they did have a copyright on the name "Slate" they then proceeded to fail to be able to tell me what a copyright was, I found it funny and taunted them till they told me they were crying and were going to kill themselves because I stole "Their" name. But to exit Jay-Story-time and to instead share my feelings, name claimers are in my opinion stupid, They act like dumb children causing drama for attention. Though I will admit I can be harsh these are one of the groups of people who annoy me the most, More then stupid five-year-olds who won't shut up.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »
Once I was on a character called Jade and this black and white wolf comes up to me and
starts to bicker. "My names Jade!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1211 You are name stealing I'm  gonna report youuz@@@!!

I said "Wow. Cool. My name's Jade too."

She left then came back with like 4 friends and they all were called Jade so I was like: .-. rly?

Eventually I blocked them. ewe

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:29 pm »
They're downright annoying!
There's this person who yelled at me because of my username. Why? Because his OC was a Transformer character which the name is Fallenstar. Ok, like, how could I flipping know? It's not like I knew it when I created my account.

There was one thing, only one thing that pissed me off once. A friend I made on FH, that I thought I knew, which had seen my character Soulshatter many times... She decided to simply name one of her character that, then unfriended me. I didn't take it right. I found her and talked with her about it, she then said that she was sorry: she had know idea hw to call her new character. Apparently, she deleted me from her friendlist by accident. We found a new name for her character, an epic, unique name.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 04:09:28 am »
Once I was on my character Stripestar looking for members.  I noticed a character also named Stripestar but it was colored just like the starting character when to make a new one.  I didn't say anything because there are a lot of leaders with the same name.  He kind of use looked at me from far away then left.  He came back looking just like me and he came over and said, 'You stole my character's markings and name!  I am going to report you if you don't change it RIGHT NOW!'  Seriously?  I just blocked him and didn't say a word.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 05:03:54 am »
Oh wow. I hate when people do that. I've had that happen twice in the past.
 One time they treatened to report me and another they told me to change my name, I refused
and they changed their character's name to my username -3-'
And also when they claim the names of a copyrighted character and threaten to report you. Like the
time I was roleplaying on Sebastion from Black Butler I had another come up to me with the rage emoteand starting complaining about how we had the same character and wanted me to change it. Then 'killed' me. xD

Offline Chikea

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • What will you find in the Shadows?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:39 am »
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Okay...wow. Never happened to me but people need to learn there isn't a name for everyone in the world and not everyone likes their name. Luckily, there is always block! ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:57:08 am by Shakei »

Into the Shadows I'll be.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:13 am »
They seem to have nothing better to do but waste time annoying people. Pretty pathetic.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »
This is Not to common with me, had one that was similar to another's but that was about it xD
I would find it odd if some one knew and found out my name, its not that common because its made up

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »
I have met a lot of name claimers over the years of my internet life. At first when I was a young floof, I used to shout at them and rage for them to stop copying my name.

But these days I rarely see anyone name claiming my name because I have a lot of accounts and these days sites don't let a member have the same user as another member. So I am usually safe from name claimers.

But it does annoy me when someone isn't bothered to think of their own name and just takes a random name or copies off someone else. It is irritating but... I guess they are either wowed by your name or they just like drama...

In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Cola 42

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 03:27:30 am »
I had this happen to me once. I made a wolf Char and named her Bandit (yes I know Bandit is a male name) and someone yelled at me in FT for name stealing on my third day playing it,

Made by Thyme

In game Name- Cola 42