Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34959 times)

Offline Eclipsen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • the Peppercat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »
When I first started roleplaying, I made a male character. I always felt more comfortable online hiding behind a male character, not to mention felt more like a guy in a general mind-set.  Acting like a guy was something I wasnt ever allowed to get away with in real life. Because of this most of my characters are male instead of female.

Roleplaying is the same thing as acting. You make a character, and then you take on the new personality of this character. Ive seen plenty of men act as women in movies. Its more or less the same here.

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Do not fear, Moony is here! *Warning: Pic changes*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2013, 01:07:26 am »
I have seen this a couple times, and other Rpers' have no real right to go accusing if this is stupid, freaky, etc. I am as well a cross-gender Rper. And some of my best characters are of male. (No not ironic.) So I find it harsh to do something like this. And there is no REAL gender to these animations. It is what YOU want it to be, not what everyone else wants it. ^-^ ~Moony <3
In Game: MoonFlower101

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline Tortuga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Still trying to meet my pun quota.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 01:17:57 am »
Roleplaying as the opposite gender FTW. :D

If I might add something, one of the reasons I've heard of that keep people from trying their hand at rping the opposite gender is fears about "portraying the gender right". Huh? There IS no right way to play a female character. There IS no right way to play a male character. The only way you can get it wrong is by stereotyping them based on their biology.

There are all kinds of people in the world, male or female, girl or boy, and what kind of person they are depends very little on what parts they're born with.

It's actually gender roles enforced by society that create many of the norm differences between male and female personas, not nature

/end rant
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:25:08 am by Tortuga »
This user is 90% real crab meat!

Koolwolfe

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:21 am »
:) I agree with Moony.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:27 am »
Yes, There is nothing wrong with these people because I am myself. Infact, I love to roleplay guy charas more. Sometimes change up there sexuality <33 But oh well, Thats just me.

People need to get there mind around that because there a male/female behind a computer screen doesnt mean there actualy that gender of chara. I have had that experiance where people flip and go all out at us Cross-gender people. Its horrible, Its not like we are bad people, Its call story telling. It doesnt matter if your a male if your roleplaying a female and vice virsa. Some people need to suck it up and get on with there life. :3 Sorry if this is harsh but its how I think and what people should think of us. Because we are who we are and nobody can change that. We all have beautiful lives and should do what we want in every day in our lives with people behind a computer screen who may be a cross-gender roleplayer themselves flips.

Sorry its sooooo long but... Meh.

|:| ~Minti3~ out |:|

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 01:34:20 am »
Well, that's just you thinking. I should go study for my Semester Test Exams..... I have the weekend XD So, Moon isn't leaving just yet! Anyways, I like how you put your own words into it. And I believe you could spread the awareness through stories, poems, etc. ~Moony <3

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2013, 01:38:01 am »
... What I wanna know is /why/ RPing as the opposite gender is a problem. o__o I just don't see why it would matter to anybody. I'm a straight female in real life, and I RP as guys... Woo-hoo?
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:20 am »
I find nothing wronge with cross-gender RPing, i myself do that.

to those who dont like cross-gender RPing i have one question.
Why?

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 01:43:03 am »
That's the point ^-^. Others are making a problem at it, which as you said, it shouldn't be. And why should it? Let them be, and keep to yourself I say. ~Moony <3~

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

EnderStar

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 01:50:08 am »
I honestly just shun anybody who doesn't like Cross-Genders. It's fine that if you jsut keep your opinion to yourself but if they call someone mean/gross like you said then... SHUN.

I don't really mind seeing others roleplay as a different gender than they really are. It may be boring playing the same gender character all the time so you may want to try something new. It's not like your getting a -- Ahdwsfh I'm going to far here but... Yeah. It shouldn't really matter.

It's just roleplaying, none of it is real. So why should people really care unless they are totally acting like the oppisite gender? Lol.

It be better if maybe people just didn't give out their genders if they didn't want people to get all aggresive, rude and upset. Or maybe just lied about it lol. Or maybe just don't ask when gender they are in real life at all. Maybe their a octayerizen. You don't know. :/

Totally made that word up. Aw yis.