Author Topic: How was I supposed to know?  (Read 4770 times)

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: How was I supposed to know?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 05:59:08 am »
These guys are indeed kids.How do I know that?Well,my cousin also plays FH along with some classmates of hers.Whenever they meet up in the game they start messing around.They do all things including this.......how immature.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 09:05:40 am »
A part of me thinks that maybe they actually were being serious when they gave you that awful rp sample, and then after you said they couldn't join they became so offended/embarrassed that they just lied and said they were joking in order to cover up their failure. Why else (unless they were explicitly trying to troll) would they go to such lengths to prove that they were joking about their rp if it was all just a game with them to begin with?
I don't know, just being speculative, but that's what I'm picking up from this. If they did start using better grammar and such afterwards, I bet they were only putting more effort than what they normally use to try and make everyone believe they weren't some illiterate trollop. Which they are.
Basically, just try and forget about it, they're a right nasty piece of work and clearly had nothing better to do than hold onto a silly grudge and try to embarrass you in front of your other group members, all all over a supposed 'joke' no less. There will always be people like that out there unfortunately, but the best thing we can do is try to just gloss over them, and not make people like that into 'martyrs'. After all, they're normally just looking for attention and will do whatever it takes to get it.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:19 pm »
Dafudge? .-.

Tidey, I would've drop-kicked that derp. (Or not, but you get my point. That kid sounds silly.)

I would've been pretty flustered, though. Recruiting is tough, and can require a good deal of mental energy (that is, if you're working solo and keeping everybody updated and moving along), and I know how hard you work for Siar, dearie. But for some kid you don't even know the come up, deliberately bomb an RP sample, then expect you read their mind and let you into your literate RP is really quite unreasonable.

Now, had they calmly explained that they'd been joking right afterward, and given you a proper RP sample (just so you know they're actually a feasible roleplayer), then it would've been a pretty amusing prank, and would've made an inside joke for you both much later on. c:>
But...
Just walking up later and criticizing your OOC speech? That's not even roleplay. They were just bitter, I'd guess.
Still yet, derps will derp. They'll learn to act nice soon enough, anyway, if they're going to get into any good RPs. I wouldn't worry over people like that. c:
Love ya, Tidey. xD <3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:08 pm »
Genesis: I never thought of that, maybe they were embarrased. Either way it was childish though.
Whitey: Thank yew. :3 This makes me feel better. xD I agree, if that person ever wants to get in a good RP they better learn how to act. >.<

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »
Whitey: Thank yew. :3 This makes me feel better. xD I agree, if that person ever wants to get in a good RP they better learn how to act. >.<
Chur welcome. <3 c: Hopefully you won't be running into anymore floofs like that, though.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 09:46:00 pm »
I- you handled it better then I would/do. I usually get iliterate samples and tell them something  along the lines of "No, sorry you can't join. We're a strictly literate roleplay and I don't feel you'd fit in well."

I've had people try to guilt trip me and be all "Oh ok... im so horrible and i hate myself for rping badly.. srry... i am going now.. bye"

I usually ignore them but if they keep at it I just tell them. Goodbye and shove them on their way. Like really I'm not  going to feel guilty if you just start self-loathing right afterwards. I'm not feeding that fire. Gtfa.

Or if they get angry I pick out their faults in the sample or try to let them down gently. But if they just keep at it I just say something witty in response and usually mean.. not gonna lie >>' Then I block them.

I don't have anything against iliterates and other roleplaying styles- even helped teached a few to be literate. c: But really after a certain point it gets old and it's like "No just go away dude."

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »
I- you handled it better then I would/do. I usually get iliterate samples and tell them something  along the lines of "No, sorry you can't join. We're a strictly literate roleplay and I don't feel you'd fit in well."

I've had people try to guilt trip me and be all "Oh ok... im so horrible and i hate myself for rping badly.. srry... i am going now.. bye"

I usually ignore them but if they keep at it I just tell them. Goodbye and shove them on their way. Like really I'm not  going to feel guilty if you just start self-loathing right afterwards. I'm not feeding that fire. Gtfa.

Or if they get angry I pick out their faults in the sample or try to let them down gently. But if they just keep at it I just say something witty in response and usually mean.. not gonna lie >>' Then I block them.

I don't have anything against iliterates and other roleplaying styles- even helped teached a few to be literate. c: But really after a certain point it gets old and it's like "No just go away dude."

Mhmm, I know what you mean. I don't mind illiterate RPers either. It's just that if my RP is LITERATE, and you RP ILLITERATELY, how am I going to let you in, no matter how much I want you to? I just get so mad when people read my advertisements which clearly state the RP is literate and then they aren't literate. Just...bleh.