Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?  (Read 26539 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with Warrior Cat rps... :-\

I can't even think of a reason someone would.
Mainly these reasons :I

- Godmodding
- Map Claiming
- Illiterate
- Led by Users that are around 10 - 13 (People who usually don't understand that power playing and map claiming is wrong)

I'm not saying that all WC RPs are bad, it's just a good majority are :I

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2013, 02:37:30 pm »

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »
I don't hate WC RP's, I just tend not to like them naturally in all fairness I have not read any books or ever role played as a Warrior Cat. Although, as previous comments state. They do have some Warrior Cats who take it over the top and some are pretty rude, also I've experienced a lot of Warrior Cats with foul language (due to them being young children). I don't have any 'hate' for the experience Warrior Cats but I do find, finding RP's hard sometimes when they are a ton of WC's advertising. Also, there's a lot of God Modding and power-players. c:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:01:16 pm by Phatom »

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with Warrior Cat rps... :-\

I can't even think of a reason someone would.
Mainly these reasons :I

- Godmodding
- Map Claiming
- Illiterate
- Led by Users that are around 10 - 13 (People who usually don't understand that power playing and map claiming is wrong)

I'm not saying that all WC RPs are bad, it's just a good majority are :I

I agree with this list, mostly.
I, myself, fall in the range of 10-13. Some say I am literate. -shrug-

But yes, godmodding is the big turnoff. No kit can skip over to a full grown warrior and rip their head off.   
It just can't happen.
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2013, 05:21:07 pm »
I have nothing against Warrior cat role-players at all. I've read the books, I know the stories, and the cats themselves. The story itself is engaging and there is much adventure, action, and suspense. To first time readers, I highly recommend starting with the first book, Into the Wild. Or, if you are the lazy individual or have no access to a local library, simply watch video adaptations on Youtube.

As for the role-players, I can understand way most people would be skeptical and almost mean-spirited to them. From my perspective, most of the Warrior cat role-players I would meet either never read the book and just like the theme of Warriors. Those that have read the book are usually neglectful of important points of the story, namely the warrior code, how the leader obtains their nine lives, and resurrecting dead cats, like Bluestar. Just to clarify, I really like like Bluestar, she was wise, took risks, and made sacrifices, namely her life. However, when I see someone role-playing with characters such as Bluestar, the leader of Thunderclan, with so little respect and dignity, it bothers me.  

Another thing with this, as maintained before, is the power-play and god modding reputation. I've encountered a good number of Warrior cat groups that do this to no end. Because I didn't want simply draw conclusions, I decided to approach a clan with one of my canine characters. Once I posted, I had an alright experience. I was soon greeted by a kit and its mentor. I'll give credit, this I liked because the mentor was with the kit at all times. Also I liked how mentor encountered me as the stranger animal I was, interacting with their enviroment. We role-played for a while, a good hour or so until they had to leave. And for those wondering, no, this was not a commercial clan, it was one those made-up ones, like Swampclan or Earthclan.

In closing, I do not essentially hate any theme of role-play, particularly the ones influenced by the Warrior series. As long as the book, the story, the idea, and the characters (if you role-play as them) are respected, then I have no mind. In addition to respecting those around you and role-playing in an appropriate way, then no worries for your clan being set into the norm of those who don't.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »
However, when I see someone role-playing with characters such as Bluestar, the leader of Thunderclan, with so little respect and dignity, it bothers me.
Think about for a second, if someone's WC was named Bluefoot, and then became leader, it's not like they copied the "real" Bluestar :I

Preset Download

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:50 pm »
I role-play only as warrior cats on Feral-heart (Sometimes Wolf, Only by request by friends) but I understand why people would hate them. So much Godmodding or PowerPlaying in the maps etc. (Feeling lazy) And when they Claim land in public maps n get ticked off at anyone who comes near them.
Like someone brought up before the
-Illiterate
-Godmodding
-PowerPlaying
-Map Claiming
-Children 12 n below
-Over reactant
-Using in-book charaters

So I understand why people would get Peed off at them
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:27:45 pm by Trinity »
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2013, 08:08:20 pm »
However, when I see someone role-playing with characters such as Bluestar, the leader of Thunderclan, with so little respect and dignity, it bothers me.
Think about for a second, if someone's WC was named Bluefoot, and then became leader, it's not like they copied the "real" Bluestar :I

Well, yeah, that makes sense. I just didn't take that into consideration.  :P
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2013, 09:24:25 pm »

Well, yeah, that makes sense. I just didn't take that into consideration.  :P
:P But taking that into thought, it does kinda make me feel bad that people get bashed for stealing a certain leaders name because it isn't their fault that they became leader and went by Bluestar. But in the WC books there's a Tigerstar and a Tigerheart. What if Tigerheart became leader o.o
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:25:59 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download

Offline Edgegod

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:24 pm »
To put it simply and quickly: Godmodders. Illiteracy to the point where it's stupid. Map claimers.

I never have randomly raged at a warrior, but I turned to hate them quickly.
Mainly because of all the illiterates and power players, and simply because of the unoriginality and territory claims.
I join their RPs now and then when my friend is there, but all in all, I hate warriors. I keep away from them, ignore most, and never even bother looking at their advertisements.
But that doesn't mean I flip out over them ._.
Ive chatted it up with them for hours at times, and gotten into a good RP with them on some random species and they allowed me to join.

Gosh, since I often times roleplay as a warrior cat (I rarely do nowadays) I hope you don't judge me or hate me too much.

I cannot deny the fact that a majority of people who roleplay as Warrior cats are like that, map-claimers, godmodders, etc. It's just a shame that you can't find many who are considerate of other players using the public maps. Me and my friends are the very few who do. If someone comes around where we are roleplaying, we don't go up to interact with them unless they come to interact with us. We won't go over to them and demand that they get out of "our territory".

As for the terms of "unoriginality", there are few that do some different things in their warriors RP that DON'T go by the books. Me and some friends have mixed things up in our Warrior RPs, such as adding a few twists that aren't found in the books. We have done warrior RPs that had twists of Homestuck, Harry Potter, The Last Unicorn, and other story elements to them. I even made a clan that wasn't the "traditional" kind. The clan I came up with had ties to Ancient Egypt, and had ranks such as sacrificial preists, shawmans, magicians, and so on. However, that roleplay recieved so much bashing from die-hard Warrior fans that many members left for something more based on the books. Some would tell me such things like "Cats would no nothing about ancient Egypt!" or "Pharaohstar isn't a realistic warrior leader's name!" The list goes on and on. Some of our other non-traditional Warrior cat roleplays would be ridiculed by other Warrior fans.
"A unicorn fox caring for clan kits? That's stupid!"
"Clan kits don't have lusi as parents!" (Homestuck reference).
"Clans shouldn't become friends with animals of other species!"
"A clan leader can't be a pharaoh!"
"Clan cats don't rely on a silly unicorn fox to heal their wounds! That's nonsense!"
"A cat and a fox cannot be best friends! NO WAY!"
"You can't be mates with a rogue! It's ridiculous!"
The list goes on and on.

So don't say I haven't tried being original, because I have. I've tried adding a few twists to some Warrior roleplays and just get chewed out by many of the Warrior fans.
There are times when I wish some people would give new ideas a chance every once in a while. Doing the same old thing of going by the books can get a little boring. We (me and my friends) all done the traditional go by the books kind of roleplay too many times. We want to change it up some.

As for the illiteracy part, I don't know about you but I've seen more illiterate wolf and fox roleplayers than I have WC roleplayers. Maybe I'm just one of the few lucky ones to find the literate kind, I don't know.

I tend to see mainly warrior cat RPs that are illiterate, but that might just be since I prefer certain locations of the map. And yes, there are many people who hate things that are out of the normal, which tends to get rather annoying at times -u-