Author Topic: Strays of the Ruins. (Stray dog/cat RP, open & accepting)  (Read 142131 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Strays of the Ruins. (Stray dog/cat RP, open & accepting)
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2013, 01:00:38 am »
((So I took so long. I stayed after school to go to a gathering with my SLF group.))

Dusty pelted after the rest of the group, his tail bristling after him. Behind them, the walls crumbled to the ground, and he heard a sickening howl of agony after them. Flattening his ears, he wove his way through the debris, and gazed over the group.

The unconscious cat bounced around freely in the muscular male dog's jaws, and a female dog streamed after him. With a jolt of relief, Dusty noticed the pup streaking after them, and the White German Shepherd as well.

Pain shot through Dusty's paw, but he ignored it as the group hurried away from the alley. Thoughts ran through Dusty's mind as he wondered what the two dogs and the cat were doing in the alley.

Whatever they were doing, they were lucky enough to get away, Dusty murmured to himself as he caught up with the male dog.

"Is everything alright?" he asked as he eyed the cat cautiously.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2013, 01:28:00 am »

Flak's long strides quickly slowed as he came to a halt, wrinkling his nose at the disgusting taste of cat hair in his mouth. Unhinging his jaws, he carelessly allowed the limp feline to drop to the ground, his tongue lolling out of his mouth as his sides heaved in desperate attempts to catch his breath. Turning his head, he noticed the three new faces that had joined them in their escape, his ears perking as one of them began to speak. "Yeah-" He panted in response, plopping down on his haunches. "Cat's unconscious- But other than that-" It was visibly difficult for the brute to speak. He stared at the ground panting hard as he attempted to compose himself. The black fur on his sides were thickly matted with the large amount of blood that had poured from the nasty wounds on both sides. During the fight, when the mutated wolf had clamped down on his body with its jaws like a vice, its crushing bite force had compressed his lungs and broken a few ribs. In the adrenaline of the battle, Flak noticed it little, but now that it was over, the intense internal and external pain mixed along with the intense struggle to breathe had hit him all at once.

Gavroche's tiny legs pumped hard as he dashed after the other larger canines. As the building behind them collapsed into the alley way, crushing the three mutated wolves, the pup glanced over his shoulder as he ran, staring in awe at the enormous rising plume of dust and ash floating up from the area. His focus behind him, he was unaware that the adults had stopped in front of him. By the time he returned his attention to his front, the female German Shepherd was feet away. Wide-eyed, Gavroche stopped his legs and skidded on his paw pads full speed into the back of the fae's hind leg, coming to a sudden halt after colliding with it and toppling over to his side. Quickly, he scrambled to his feet and looked up at the Shepherd, flashing a grin at her with his tail wagging a bit behind him
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2013, 01:44:08 am »

Risto could hear voices.

They seemed so far away--too far away to grasp in his paw or ears. He wanted to push away them, and tell them to go away, but they kept on coming back. Suddenly, he felt a sudden thump and pain shot up through his body.

The voices grew louder, and Risto wondered if his life was rewind from the beginning when he saw...when he saw...saw what? He couldn't clearly remember, but he did have a vague memory of fangs sinking in his pelt, with bright red blood; the color of crimson...

Don't exaggerate, Risto.

Suddenly, shades of different colors twirled and danced around in his black vision, creating light--brighter--brighter--and then brighter.

Risto's eyelids fluttered opened his he gazed around his surroundings. Four blurry shapes shifted in his eyesight, and they were blabbering unknown words to at least Risto. Shaking his head, he raised it up and twitched his ear.

"Wh-who are you?" he rasped softly, shaking his head to one side again.

Dusty nodded slowly, as if he was trying to receive everything at once. Staggering, he plopped down on his haunches to take a deep breath, before glancing at the black dog's sides. Blood was smeared everywhere, and some poured out eagerly. Fur snagged from his rigged bones, and Dusty nearly winched.

"H-hey," he murmured, leaning closer. "You alright there? That...that wound looks nasty..."

Frowning, Dusty turned and gave an experimental sniff at the wounds on his side. Wrinkling his nose, he gave a brisk lick. Blood welled up on his tongue, and he forced himself not to gag.

"I think your wounds are starting to get infected," he announced, glancing around. "Does any of you know what cleans an infected wound?" His gaze shot to the small mutt pup, then dragged towards the ((forgot what type of breed Teegan is, Taylor =O)), -insert dog breed here-, and then rested on the White German Shepherd, questioning sparkling his gaze.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2013, 02:03:20 am »

Flak focused on taking in his labored breaths, his large ear twitching as the stranger spoke more. "I'm fine..." He snapped, his stubborn personality making him unwilling to want help from anyone. Returning his glare to the ground, he continued taking in the short, staggering breaths. As the other male gave his wounded side a brisk lick in an attempt to help, Flak winced and let out a pained yipe, jumping to his feet. "Don't touch me!" He barked, snapping at the male, standing upright as the brute once more continued talking. "I don't need your help." Flak muttered, sitting back down and glaring forward.
sig by me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2013, 02:03:47 am »
((Also, Teegan 'tis a German Shepherd. x3))
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2013, 10:24:55 am »

The fae bounded down the alley as she turned her head to Flak and gave him a nod, then turning her attention onto where they were running. Her tongue lolled out her mouth as her brown legs extended, she looked back to make sure the rest were following, then turning her gaze onward. Flak came to a sudden stop along with Teegan as she stood looking around, her brown eyes glittering from the moon light. Her tail swayed side to side as she watched Flak put the unconscious  cat on the ground. A male dog began to speak to Flak about his wounds then lick it as Flak snapped "Whoa boys, calm it" she barked not wanting any fights to be caused as she felt a thud in the back of her leg. She turned her head to see the small pup had ran into her legs she gave him a warming smile and rubbed her paw across his small brown head, then lowering herself onto her hunches. Her ears perked at the male as he asked if anyone could heal wounds that were infected "If you haven't realized we are dogs not doctors, and therefore we can't help wounds". She said in a cocky way as her tail dragged across the ground side to side.

The white German Shepherd raced down the alley, her legs extending as her tongue lolled out her mouth but then she dragged it back in. The small group came to a sudden stop at the outside of the alley as so did she, her paws pushing against the ground to make her stop as she skidded. Her attention turned to the black male who placed the unconscious cat on the ground, and the other brute asking what had happened and if he was alright, as Micah looked at his wounds and raised a brow then lowering it. She looked at the small pup who ran into the other female as she gave the small pup a smile, then her ears perked as the brute spoke again. Dusty then licked Flaks wounds and Flak jumped up and snapped, Dusty asked if anyone knew how to clean infected wounds and she giggled at Teegans comment, but she shook her head as he looked at her, she didn't have any idea how to clean wounds after all shes only a dog. But she guessed the best thing to do would be to clean them.  

((Teegan is a German Shepherd, you can tell by her picture xD)).
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »
((Sorry guys! Now I feel so dumb. =P I thought Teegan was a type of German Shepherd, not just a German Shepherd. But thanks for reminding me. :3 Also, how did Micah know Dusty's name? I don't think I ever introduce them...))

Dusty's tail-tip twitched with irritation. "Fine!" he growled. "Let the infection take over and kill you once and for all." He spat, rising to his paws and scorching the thick earth with his claws.

"C-cobwebs for bleeding." A voice stammered, uncertainly.

Dusty whipped his head around to see that the tan-colored cat had raised its head feebly as it tried to speak. Dusty stalked over to the injured cat, and gave a brutal prod on the cat's side.

"What did you say?" he prompted.

The cat looked bewildered as it continued to speak--his words coming out stronger now. "I said, 'Cobwebs for bleeding, burdock root for the infection, comfrey to mend broken bones and soothe wounds, goldenrod is actually better, it keeps the--"

Dusty struggled to keep up. "Stop!" he snarled. His mind was already buzzing with confusion and herbs. "Tell me," he growled. "Which ones help that idiot black male dog over there."

As the cat followed Dusty's gaze, it mewed, "Is that him?" It pointed with its tail-tip at the White German Shepherd.

Dusty remained silent for a moment, before twitching one of his ears. "For your information," he began slowly. "That is not a black dog, and that is not a male dog. What dog I was talking about is him." He pointed towards the stubborn, black male dog with his muzzle.

"Ohh," the cat murmured for a moment, before nodding slowly. "Okay. So, cobwebs to stop bleeding, goldenrod to heal infection, comfrey to mend broken bones and soothe wounds, and either poppy seeds to soothe animals for suffering from shock and distress, or thyme to clam anxiety and frayed nerves."

Dusty stared at the sudden "educated" cat, before narrowing his eyes. "Where did you learn all this?" he demanded.

"From some--"

"Oh, never mind." Dusty snapped quickly. "We'd better find those...things before the wounds get infected." Glaring at the cat, he barked, "I don't know what you're thinking right now, but you'd better find those things that heal him. Me, I don't know what they look like, so get a move on."

The cat let out a hiss of protest, but Dusty gave another sharp poke on the side with his paw. Reluctantly rising to his paws, the tan cat waved his injured tail in the air, before padding confidently into the debris.

I hope he gets himself killed, Dusty growled to himself, but then stopped himself. No. We need him right now. Besides, I think he was just making those healing objects up.  

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Flak continued glaring at the ground, panting hard as the dogs around him began talking more. As the cat began to utter out stuttered words, his large ears perked forward and he raised his head, listening. "Hmph, like I'm gonna trust some cat." He snapped, a low growl beginning to rumble in his throat. The growling quickly ceased as his lack of breath caught up, and he continued panting, though still glaring at the feline.

Gavroche smirked up at the shepherd fae, his attention quickly spinning to the two males, the tension between the two obviously rising. Turning his small body to face them more, the pup plopped down on his haunches, waiting to see what would happen. He occasionally shot a quick gaze up at the German Shepherd females, but it always snapped back to the males and the cat, who had just spoken. Aw, man. I thought it was dead... Gav murmured to himself in disappointment at the realization he wouldn't be nabbing an easy meal after all. Suddenly the cat mentioned herbs and cobwebs, the large tan male prodding its side to get it to go and fetch them. "Ooo, cobwebs!?" He spoke up, hopping to his feet. "I know where cobwebs are! Can I help!?" The pup's tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth as he smiled enthusiastically. His voice was naturally loud and childish, and rang with a thick British accent.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2013, 07:01:25 pm »

Dusty turned to rest his glare at the young pup. "No," he growled softly, twisting his neck around to see whether the cat had gone. "You're staying here with him and her," he ordered, gesturing towards the black dog and the white with his muzzle. "I'm going with that cat, and you're going to be safe with those...with the white one." Dusty snapped. Turning around, he bounded after the cat without waiting for a reply.

Catching up with the feline, he gave another prod on the side of the tan flank.

Glaring, the feline flinched and shifted away. "Would you stop that?" he hissed, unsheathing his claws. Dusty stared levelly back at the cat.

"I was only asking what was your name." He interrupted. He shifted his gaze back up ahead.

"Risto." Came the reply.

Dusty narrowed his eyes for a moment, before replying, "Dusty's the name."

Letting out a grunt of acknowledgement, Risto continued forward, picking his way through the debris. Suddenly, he let out a yowl as he suddenly jumped back.

Dusty was at his side in a moment. "What is it?" he growled, crouching down to Risto's height.

"Stupid splinter! I got one in my pad." Risto spat, raising his paw into the air to inspect it.

"The stars'!" Dusty exclaimed. "Would you stop making a big fuss over a stupid splinter and get a move on? Sooner or later, you'll be picking up more splinters, and so will we! At least we dogs don't make a big fuss over it!" Dusty snarled unsympathetically. "Now let's go. We have more things to worry about than your stinking pad."

Risto reluctantly rose to his paws and limped after Dusty. When Risto paused to tug at the splinter, Dusty rounded on the tan cat.

"Are you looking for the healing leaves, or are you just waiting to be eaten?" He snapped. "Get up and move already! We haven't even found anything yet!"

Risto followed and lapsed in sulky silence as they continued on. When a bush was sighted, Risto padded over to it and gave it a sniff.

"Burdock." Risto observed.

Dusty narrowed his eyes. "Well? Aren't you going to grab some?"

Risto glared back at Dusty. "I can't," he meowed. "First off, it's not fully grown yet, and second of all, it wouldn't help that injured dog as well as goldenrod could. Now come on, I can smell some poppy seeds."

Dusty followed Risto into the bushes, letting his ears prick as he listened to his surroundings.

"There. Poppy seeds are right there, and cobwebs...you know what cobwebs look like." Risto announced, dropping a mouthful of tiny black seeds onto the ground. "Go and collect some cobwebs. I'll be back; I've scented some comfrey." And before Dusty could stop him, the tom bounded off into another direction.

Who died and made you leader of anything? Dusty muttered to himself as he began to cautiously pick his way through the grass. He parted a bush with his muzzle and noticed a beautiful cobweb shimmering in the sunlight. Grasping it in his mouth, he forced himself not to gag at the stickiness that dried up his tongue. After collecting a few more, he padded back to where the poppy seeds were scattered and bent down to gather them up.

((I don't know what should happen. =/))

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »

Flak glared at the tan dog, letting out a low growl. "You're not the leader of this thing. You got no right to tell us what to do." He barked, his agitation helping his mind to shrug off the pain. Quickly, though, his lack of oxygen caught up to him and his growling stopped and was replaced with the heavy panting once again. He decided he probably should stay sitting here. "I'm only staying because I'm hurt. Not because you told me to." The male snarled stubbornly, watching the two leave.

The pup glared at the tan male, wrinkling his nose a bit. "You can't boss me around!" He yapped, trotting over to the brute. "I can help! And I'm gonna!" Gavroche stated with an exaggerated nod. As the male instructed them to stay put, the pup let out a defiant huff and reluctantly sank to his haunches, glaring after him and the cat as they walked away. I'm gonna help whether you like it or not he thought to himself, rising back up to his feet. Glancing around at the other dogs, he quietly slunk into the shadows to keep out of their sight and bolted down the street on the trail of the male and the feline, who he had overheard being identified as Dusty and Risto.

sig by me