Poll

Should Mate Centers be ridded of?

Yes
No
I don't know

Author Topic: Mate Centers - Your Opinion  (Read 9908 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers - Your Opinion
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 02:03:44 am »
I do not take much mind to the mate centers. I tend to avoid them or spectate random activity just for the devil of it. As long as there is not immature confrontation with others around them, then all is well with me. It's not up to me how people spend their time and what they do in-game. In all the instance in having fun with one another or simply something to do, have at it.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline WaterBottle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »
Eh, I say having a mate is fine for Roleplaying or starting a pack/ pride, but when the mate beggars go ask everyone around Bonfire to be their mate it gets really annoying, then people who do get annoyed ask them to tone it down and they keep on and actually argue with them.  I really don't care because I don't go to Bonfire that much because of the lag from the mate center being in front of the Bonfire entrance. I would go sit about a few feet away and watch it. It's quite funny to watch if you are a bit bored but it's stupid that people are so desperate to have a mate. I actually like playing the game and enjoying it not because you HAVE to be on for people or you have to be on to be with this person. So, what ever floats you're goat.   :D
'Even the Willow tree
has it's lonely days.'
http://willowbeary.deviantart.com/

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 12:17:25 pm »
They can be annoying at times, but they're fine, I mean if they're -THAT- annoying just block them. As long as they don't start yelling at other people, or majorly spamming it's fine I guess. I don't really favor them though...because as was already said..."It's basically a blind date." It's true, I mean you know nothing of that person, and if you want a mate, go get to know someone from an RP not just some random person who you chose just for they're characters look!

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline BlackWolfSoul

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 11:07:35 am »
Personally, I think that 'MATE CENTERS' do no harm. I mean, it's a good chance to meet new people who you were never rp with. Some people just want their characters to have mates or some just want to make new relationships, I don't know. At least there are no mate beggars at all, because ever since the MATE CENTERS started to appear, all the mate beggars just go there and are quiet. The lags in Bonfire (because that's where the mate centers are at most) are annoying however, and I think the mate centers should choose the place where nobody sits at all. That would make our and the mate center's life easier, because for the mate centers the chat would be calm and would know who is who and what is this person talking about, because it's probably hard for the mate centers to recognise the chat and stuff, and for other players there would be no lags! :)

ZearTheAkumian

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »
To my opinion, Mate Centers I dislike are the Mate Center's that caps spam, they, how do I put this, forgot the rules of no spamming of any type, indeed I sometimes use my Maikeru character to go there sometimes, it ticks me off into my volcano when I see a Mate Center and multiple people go in a circle in the middle of Bonfire, I consider Mate Centers that do not caps spam, minor annoyance, lag does not annoy me there though.

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 10:45:37 am »
In my opinion, disgusting. I mean how they cap spam its just. Agh! This also happens with others centres as well. Do you see where I am going? What happened to the old fashioned way? It is less awkward and more romantic old fashioned way. I think younger ones should avoid Bonfire. Just for saftey.

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 06:35:15 pm »
Personally, I think that 'MATE CENTERS' do no harm. I mean, it's a good chance to meet new people who you were never rp with. Some people just want their characters to have mates or some just want to make new relationships, I don't know. At least there are no mate beggars at all, because ever since the MATE CENTERS started to appear, all the mate beggars just go there and are quiet. The lags in Bonfire (because that's where the mate centers are at most) are annoying however, and I think the mate centers should choose the place where nobody sits at all. That would make our and the mate center's life easier, because for the mate centers the chat would be calm and would know who is who and what is this person talking about, because it's probably hard for the mate centers to recognise the chat and stuff, and for other players there would be no lags! :)
True! Less lag and mate beggars is nice. ^^
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline Loopyloola

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
I use mate centers but recently I have been thinking there kinda stupid people only care about your looks and usually nothing gets done

Offline .Flappa-Boom.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
I personally don't like mate centers too. I've been in one just once, but I exited quickly. The reasons of me disliking mate centers are because they cause horrible lag /as Nyota said/ and because you don't know anything for the person you are getting for a mate. It's much more interesting and it's better to get a mate from a RP.

But just because me and many others disapprove mate centers, doesn't mean they have to be ridded off. Just as we don't like them, others love mate centers, newbies for example, or illiterates /which are newbies also I think/. If the mate centers stop excisting, those new players won't be happy.

My final opinion is no. I don't think mate centers should be ridded off.
"Go to sleep, my dear. I don't bite a lot. I'll just grab my dagger and drive its blade upon your neck... A slight push at the end, enough to rip the head off from the last muscle..."

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 02:37:18 pm »
great for the people who want to use them but they are often full of rainbow sparkles that hurt my eyes, they create a huge crowd and so much noise which lags my game. never the less, it's fun to play the mate center game, first to get picked wins ;)

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!