Author Topic: What things in FH makes you angry?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Psidra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • One of a Kind
    • View Profile
What things in FH makes you angry?
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:21 pm »
This post was not meant to be an opposite of my other thread, but instead, i saw that there were many threads that were single posts about what makes them angry in FH, and i decided, instead of spamming, why not just have a central one?

No name pointing/insults. If it is not you, don't even bother stating the person's name. This applies to groups and Clans.
Mind your language here.

I personally dislike/hate the people who swear and pick on young children. They're young, they don't understand things. Why would you want to pick on them? Worse still is when they swear. Urgh. Reported a person for doing just that, unsure if he has been banned. Saw on an earlier thread about people disliking Hypocrites, and I think everyone dislikes them. :c
~Siyo Nqoba

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: What things in FH makes you angry?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »
I like this idea of a central rant thread. Centralize the negativity!

As for the swearing, I respectfully disagree with you. If young children under thirteen are playing, it is because they are breaking the rules . They clicked a button saying they are thirteen; they should only expect that they will be exposed to 13+ material. And if you're in middle school and you've never heard a curse word, you are too sheltered.

We shouldn't adjust ourselves to children who shouldn't be there in the first place.

Offline Psidra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • One of a Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:34 pm »
I like this idea of a central rant thread. Centralize the negativity!

As for the swearing, I respectfully disagree with you. If young children under thirteen are playing, it is because they are breaking the rules . They clicked a button saying they are thirteen; they should only expect that they will be exposed to 13+ material. And if you're in middle school and you've never heard a curse word, you are too sheltered.

We shouldn't adjust ourselves to children who shouldn't be there in the first place.

Ah, Sorry, by swearing I meant something overboard like this: http://imgur.com/a/Cm1KR#3 (until last)

As for the rules..

Keep Appropriate Language And Behavior
This game is aimed towards a wide user-base of all ages and therefore you must keep the language and other behavior to an appropriate level that works for everyone. Swearing inside of the public chats is NOT allowed or encouraged by anyone. Even if you censor your writings and they still represent an obvious curse/swear you might get warned/kicked/banned instantly upon notice, this is because we want to keep FeralHeart a friendly place for the majority. Users are also expected to keep any actions representing any sexual behavior such as mating/raping(Buttswinging over another character) AWAY from public maps, ignoring this rule can result in a permanent ban.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:15:55 pm by psidra »
~Siyo Nqoba

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »
Ah, I see what you mean. I agree that being obnoxious is ban-worthy. And the faster they are rid of, the better.
But once I was chatting in general in fluorite and I let one word slip, it was as though I had grown two heads and threatened the president. Many told me to watch my language for the sake of the children. I'm sorry? No.

That was the kind of swearing I had in mind, sorry I didn't clarify earlier.

I've read and understood the rules (but thank you for reposting-- it makes it easier for everyone), but I am just of the opinion that swearing publicly within reason should not be demonized. Nor, in my opinion, is it worthy of a banning or public ostracizing. I'd personally like to see a loosening and/or revision of that rule.