Poll

Do You Block?

Yes, always no matter how stressful the situation.
No, I never touch the block button.
I usually do.
Not very often.
It depends on the situation.

Author Topic: Do You Block?  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Block?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 04:42:46 am »
I usually don't block unless someone is really harassing me, and even then I'll usually unblock them a few hours later. I basically use it as a temporary shield until the person in question has calmed down. For the people who get to that stage, I would like to keep them on my list forever, but I report people a lot. I prefer to send proof of any inappropriate behaviour to a mod and let them decide what should be done, and leave the person visible to me so I have a better chance of catching them in the act in the future. I'm like the Batman of FH, but with a far girlier voice and less body armour.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 11:27:17 am »
If someone bugs me, I block like it's no ones business. If they are really crossing the line I don't block them until I've reported them.

I clear the block list out after, in case they want to mess with me again and need another reporting. But yeah, I block a lot.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »
I never really block. It's hard to get on my nerves. I usually just annoy trolls back. I usually win.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Apocalyptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
I don't block because it crashes me and now I can't use my main account. :c If it wasn't so buggy on me, I would use it more.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 05:10:45 pm »
In my opinion, it depends on the situation.

So, I will block people who spam, are map claimers, stalkers, and anyone who curses or does anything inappropriate.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »
I don't really block anyone. It all depends on the situation for me. Usually, I'm quite tolerant of certain behavior, random stalking, and trolling. It's simply something that happens all the time when playing any game. Possibly the only time I'll ever block someone is to be invisible for fun... "Ooooo..."
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 08:00:38 pm »
Usually I don't get into situations such as trolls, spam, or anything else like that, so I rarely end up blocking anyone. Usually when I see someone doing the butt-swing on top of someone I simply report it then go to another map. It depends on the situation, really.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 08:09:57 pm »
I feel like this, Well Think  like this
When my friend tell me to block someone.....I wont do it
When alot of people tell me to block someone....I wont do it
When I wanna Block someone......I wont do it
A) Tick me off (Blocked
2) Cuzzin at me (Blocked n Reported
3) Trolling me (Blocked (Some cases
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 08:24:19 pm »
It depends. I don't go around blocking people willy-nilly, but I've never understood why some people are so dead set against it.

My general policy when someone is being obnoxious (ie. spamming, making inappropriate jokes, repeatedly following and sitting/dancing on me) is to politely ask them to stop. If they persist and are clearly being deliberately annoying, I inform them that I'll block them, and if I need to after that I actually do (reporting first if they're breaking a rule). Then I unblock them a few days later and usually don't encounter them again anyway. Strangely, I've noticed that the majority of people seem to stop/leave if you just tell them you're going to block. Not sure why it should matter to them, but it happens a lot that I've seen.

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 02:34:30 am »
I don't block unless it's absolutely necessary. If someone's using vulgar language towards me, then yeah, I'm definitely going to block them. Or if someone is trolling and interrupting an RP or something like that, then I'll block them. If they're not really bothering me too much, I won't block them. So far, I've not blocked anyone.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.