Poll

Do You Block?

Yes, always no matter how stressful the situation.
No, I never touch the block button.
I usually do.
Not very often.
It depends on the situation.

Author Topic: Do You Block?  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Dangeryena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Block?
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »
It all depends on the situation for me too. I rarely block people in the game, but when it does happen it happens for a good reason. I don't want to waste my time arguing/standing people who intentionally look for trouble. These are the kind of people that make my official block list.

~People who harrass me or friends repeatedly
~Spammers who intentionally spam chats
~People who disrupt our roleplays with powerplaying/godmodding/caps spamming/trolling/swearing
~Map claimers who persist that you get off "their land" or else they will report you for not moving  ::)
~People who want to argue over stupid things such as "name stealing", "markings copying" etc.
~Trolls that come around to headbang/buttswing over other people to make them mad. (You know what those moves mean)
~Attention seekers who will caps spam constantly just to get anyone and everyone's attention.
~Stalkers that won't leave me or my friends alone.
~Persistant mate-beggers, parent-beggers, or pup/cub beggers. (I had to block a few of those. It's rare)
~People who say hurtful/hateful things to others for the soul purpose of hurting someone's feelings.

If push comes to shove, I often times report some of these people... depending on what the situatioon was. Eventually I do remove whoever is on my block list. Right now, my block list only has one person on it, and it's perminant. I am all for the use of the block button. If someone does rub me the wrong way, I can get trigger-happy with that block button. It's better to shun the tormentor/troll than to sit there and try to argue with them. It's pointless to argue with a troll, so blocking them is the best thing to do.
That's all I have to say for now.

I also eventually remove people from my block list because none of them are mortal enemies or anything of the sort. I could never bring myself to block a bunch of people and never unblock them because my FH game would quickly become a very quiet and desolate place.
NazoXSparx/C R O C U T A in-game

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »
It really depends, although I haven't blocked anyone in months and when I do I clean it out so nothing is in there. The block tool is a very useful thing to have, but I don't use it that often.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Raise your hands to the level of your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 07:18:44 pm »
My block list is mostly empty.I only temporarily block people because later on they end up whispering me and saying sorry.But I KNOW most people aren't like that.The longest someone has stayed on my block list is 3 days because my FH is broken...might be 4 now. :I
If I were truly dead, you would not see the words that I'm typing!
Find me in-game as ~ThePhantom~

Offline OfMice&Men

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • yolo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »
yes at times

(this picture was originally made by thrillex but recolored and edited by meh)

Offline XxSinisterxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Fweeee!<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
[size=10]-Takes a deep breathe- Ok well I would say it would depend on the situation. The internet is filled with drama left to right! So it doesn't really surprise me to see trolls/godmodders/powerplayers/mater beggers running around in FH. But you also have to be calm with the situation and not get all worked up about it! If they keep bugging you and bugging you and you don't have screenshots, just B L O C K them! Ishouldhaveknown

I am a lion and I want to be free, do you see a lion when you look at me?

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:36 pm »
Like most people, it depends. But it's hard to say... mainly because I don't get on Feral Heart and play much, I spend time in my own maps, and I don't meet many rude people.
When I do end up blocking somebody, it's probably because
1. They're powerplaying
2. They spam
3. They're a troll
dead account

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:08:37 pm »
Umm...I never usually use the Block button. Heck, I don't even know what happens after you block them other than they disappear. :/

But as absent-minded as I am I'm easily entertained and watching drama go off (even if I'm not in it) is amusing and I usually forget about it a couple minutes later.
If it's really bad I'll help the player being trolled or whatever they're doing. I Report people sometimes so they don't go off messing with any other players.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36:44 pm »
I haven't touched the Block button for a while, actually. I even regret blocking the majority of my blocked users, and would gladly unblock them if I could recognize the username. The reason I haven't already unblocked any is that I can't tell the difference between the innocent ones (ones I had blocked because they were in "clan territory", which at the time I didn't understand the meaning of claiming(I had just started)) and the actual trolls and cursers. I think I'll just unblock them all sometime, and re-block the ones who are truly bad or trolls. I usually block people for:

~out of hand cursing
~over reacting to RP drama(I once was re-elected in place of a pack's current Alpha, who later Power played an attack on us o.O)
~insulting the game and/or a moderator or member while OOC
~Extreme Power playing
~Extreme trolling

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:17 am »
Only when I feel its necessary.

|| Preset ||

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:35 am »
I hardly ever block anyone. If they are trolling, spamming, or doing anything regarding breaking the rules, I report them then just keep an eye on them until either they leave, get banned/kicked by one of the MODs, or when I've had my fill of the derp and leave to a more quiet location. I normally can withstand a big amount of herp derp and senseless chatter so it takes a lot for me to finally bring out the block button. Even then, after a few hours, I unblock that person once I've calmed down.
gone