Author Topic: Local range..?  (Read 2726 times)

ZombieKitteh

Local range..?
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:01:50 am »
Was it shortened or is that just me? When was it shortened if so and why? Was there a post or announcement about this that I'm missing because I see none.

Before you could hear local up to where you saw nametags, now not even that far works. This is really irritating for me. I'm not sure where I need to be to communicate and roleplay with my friends and people now. How many tiems have I posted and thought people ignored me when in reality they just didn't see it?

Not cool dude, not cool. Now it's even harder to communicate within the community. Fantastic.

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
Re: Local range..?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 08:04:17 am »
I've run two tests with two different people, so that can tell you how sure we are of the range being cut.
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:10:17 am »
I was one of those two people, it is true. Why has this been done?

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 08:12:40 am »
It's not just me then. I dunno if I should be happy or upset. It's def been shortened then and I don't know why. Was it a glitch or bug maybe? Or was it intentional?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:22:52 am »
I agree with Zombie on this. For a while, I thought it was some bug or glitch since some of my fellow members in one of my roleplays have reported to me of the same problem, that they cannot hear another's roleplay entry or vice-versa. But now that Zombie has brought this piece of information to my attention, it all makes somewhat sense. I'm just curious if her statement is true or not. If the Local range actually has been shortened, or if due to General being removed, the Local chat can glitch every now and then due to the increase in chit-chat within' it's premises? I dunno', just thinking aloud here.
gone

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »
 I dunno, I've never heard of it being changed depending on the amount of chatting in a map or area before? I'm hoping staff or someone replies to this eventually with answers.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 05:47:54 am »
No, that's probably wrong. When we tested, Bonfire was pretty much empty... I hope it is a glitch.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 06:23:21 pm »
Bump

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 07:14:44 pm »
If this is true...they must expect us to talk in snuggle piles now. Removing general chat and shortening the range of local is just illogical, but if for some reason it was cut then they honestly must want us to talk in even smaller groups. Before we know it we'll have to be touching one another to see their posts. V.V

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »
If what you say is true, then it is going to be so much harder to roleplay now. This is just........not right. Whats going on in their minds? Their going to be turning us into something like Endless Forest.......