Author Topic:  (Read 27901 times)

Mist

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2011, 01:15:15 am »
I think, Scath, what Seren/Rhys means is that for looks, you just have to make her underbelly maroon. And, for personality, we just have a lot of characters whose personalities seem to run along those lines. Tinker with it a bit. Still, you seem to be  promising rper, as Seren/Rhys said, we'd be glad to have you. Just change it up a little. I hope to meet you soon!

(Yes, Alpha and Beta, I am stealing your job in this case...)

Edit; Post 100? I feel special.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:33:59 am by Selarene »

Offline Fleech-Hunter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Holt Lutraaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2011, 06:14:13 am »
Fleech-Hunter-
Everything is good, though we already have a name too similar to yours, and we would not like to risk getting either of you confused, so would you change your name? If you are okay with a name change, we will be very glad to accept you into The Sons Of Cernunnos.
~Rhys BSOC

Daithi, then? Pronounced Daw-hee, meaning swift or nimble in Gaelic.

I did like Alistar, but I can understand wanting something that's different. lol, Though you're going to eventually run into name similarities down the road, I can't imagine two characters having the same name might cause too many problems, really. It happens IRL all the time. I know several Davids and Michaels, but I can also discern them from one another. lol xD

Especially since you're trying to keep the names down to a shallow pool of a certain culture(s). It will run out eventually. lol, It would add an essence of realism to at some time have duplicate names for characters. I'm sure Gaelic clans had many youths with the same name, much like our own cultures go through their own name favoritism over the years. ;3

Just a thought. ^^
"We are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
~ Willy Wonka

Liekos

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:37 am »
You guys seem to be doing well :D

Zesha

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2011, 02:40:17 pm »
Hey guys. :3 Since there seems to be a lot of people with the same personality/name/etc., I wanted to post some links for you. I found most of the links listed from TEARS,BONES&DESIRE on their links page if you want to see more. The six listed are the ones I use most often.

Personalities:
+ Character Building Workshop
+ Character Archetypes
+ Character Flaws

Names:
+ Behind the Name
+ 20,000 Names
+ Babynames.com

Offline Seren

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »
Zesha, you are truly Dagda sent~
Fleech, that is an acceptable name, and while yes, we will eventually have people with the same names, the name pool is still rather large at the moment and we would like to have as much variety as/while we can.
You are accepted! please email me and I will send you the map.

Cenetri

« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:23 pm »
Wow, just wanted to agree with everyone when they say that the advertising
is really paying off! Lots of members are flooding in, and I'm very happy to see
that. It'll be a pleasure RPing with them all! [Also, good job to those who did
advertise! You deserve the praise.~]

---Olwen

Offline Seren

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2011, 11:29:00 pm »
Olwen, you also deserve much praise. You have done much work to strengthen and enlarge our pack. For that i am thankful.
~Rhys BSOC

Offline Wolf_Memories

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36:30 am »
I would like to send my thanks to Olwen as well.
I am very new, and Olwen and Blodwen both helped me,
A great deal with being a new comer (:

-Bows- I thankyou two very much.

Zesha

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2011, 01:07:29 am »
I'm not normally one to make public announcements, but I'd like to thank the Alpha, Beta, Olwen, Blodwen, and everyone else who has made me feel welcome in this pack. <3 I know I'm missing a few names. I just know it. But they know who they are.

Offline Cynder-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAAZZAARRDAFGNADJFADG
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2011, 01:13:19 am »
I think, Scath, what Seren/Rhys means is that for looks, you just have to make her underbelly maroon. And, for personality, we just have a lot of characters whose personalities seem to run along those lines. Tinker with it a bit. Still, you seem to be  promising rper, as Seren/Rhys said, we'd be glad to have you. Just change it up a little. I hope to meet you soon!

(Yes, Alpha and Beta, I am stealing your job in this case...)

Edit; Post 100? I feel special.

Yes, I have already got her fixed up from the underbelly and taken the screenshots. I just need to get them online. But for the personality, I can't really see anyone else like that. I'm not saying your lying, but it's hard for me to believe someone else has her personality. But since I know you wouldn't lie, I guess I will change her personality, but I won't be so joyed over it. I'll post the finished product of her form again once I'm done 'tinkering' with it.