Author Topic: What's your favorite RP character personality type(s)?  (Read 13446 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
What's your favorite RP character personality type(s)?
« on: July 04, 2013, 02:32:10 am »
As the title asks what kind of character personality do you like to roleplay as?

Some Examples of character types:

-Quiet & serious
-Crazy daredevil
-Saucy Seductress
-Ruthless killer
-Playful & naive
-Wise & revered
-Vengeful & heartless
-Shy & soft spoken
-Clever casanova
-Affectionate & selfless

Some of my favorite character personalities that I love to roleplay as are:

-The hot headed & free spirited young character who always breaks rules for the thrill of adventure or trouble.
-The lone dark and dishonorable traitor who ruthlessly uses and deposes of everyone in his rise to power including his own kin. At first he appears as kind and friendly to everyone but once he worms his way into their hearts his evil intentions begin to reveal themselves... unfortunately too late by the time his victims learn the truth.
-The war torn ,wise, old, and reliable warrior who is willing to sacrifice himself for his kin. Usually the second in command or general and advisor to the leader.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:59:53 pm by LordSugarMuffin »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite RP character personality type(s)?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:04:29 am »
Usually I'd say... I don't know. I just make up personalities really. I have a few insane characters though, but sometimes sadness and drama in their lives in some of my characters. I dunno.
Shinru, however, is wise and revered I'd say, perhaps? and can be 'Affectionate & selfless' I guess. c:
Hugrf the gryphon and wolf forms are probably the same too as Shinru... I guess I like that type of personality most of the time for my characters.
I dunno. ^^

Offline Frango

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The alpha woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 06:02:38 am »
Honestly it's hard to decide! I love a lot of personalities in a character, it's what makes them unique. The clumsy and lovable, the herbalist geek that panics when they run out of herbs. But I think I like the style of a social-nut x3 always eager to make new friends, learn new things, and don't really care at all about being a leader. They're always first to step up when a friend is in need, 'cause they just care that much! And with an additional clumsiness and stupidity, they'll be just adorable uguu<3
But are they ever serious?
In-game as Frango or DinosaurChicken.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:55:40 am »
My favorite types?

The altruist who's only joy in life is to see to it that others are happy and gains a sort of inner strength in knowing that.

The "big sister" who  by choice has attempted to take on a role of a "second mother" to her siblings

The looked-down-upon human who either by choice or by force is trying to get back in touch with nature/its animals and is often on the receiving end of the blame for everything mankind has "caused to the environment or animals" [Had a few different chars somewhat like this] More specifically, they are seeking understanding or forgiveness rather than pity or complete mercy.

The tragic character. [Had a few different characters like this too] This character blossomed at the beginning with some kind of hope and just fell through the floor, usually to some terrible end.

The temperamental, terrifying, and vicious characters who just barely skirt the edge of an evil alignment but rather than continue in such a direction, ended up becoming neutral for one reason or another. [I have had two characters like this thus far] They tend not to care when their morals are skewed, neglectful, are not the best parents and tend to pick favorites, territorial, and liable to harm what stands in the way of their aspirations, but not necessarily go out of their way to harm others.

Evil characters who actually have a motive and would rather do their own dirty work than have someone do it for them.

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:36:04 pm »
My favorite personalities to roleplay are either:
-Totally optimistic, outgoing and social (like my cat character Strait), not really a way to get them to be sad without, you know, going overboard and destroying everything they love, and even then they'll eventually recover
or
-Very serious, rather stoic, sometimes the mean guy (like my character Reithe) - not someone who means any harm, they just don't like to show their emotions much, and oh they might do an evil laugh once in a while.

And roleplaying a timid character who acts a bit childish is always fun too |D

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »
Oh Muffin Lord, why must you make this so hard? Hmm, let's see...
     -Tyranical leader that often makes the wrong choices in their mad-with-power state (It's quite fun XD)
     -Wise young athlete(Katniss! X3) who often goes off alone to think or relax (My fursona is similar to this)
     -The clueless derp, who always tries to lighten the mood with cheesy jokes (One of my WC characters)
     -The obidient little Leader's pet, always doing exactly what told and honoring the one telling them

I have more...but I'm to lazy to post 'em up right now.

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »
The derpy annoying one.
The loving and selfless kind.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »
Hm...favorite personality. I role-play I wide variety of faces. I used to role-play the shy and quiet character most times, but as I tended to create new characters, new personas arose. Nowadays, I mostly play as the assertive, apathetic, and knowledgeable character. Then from time to time, I will experiment with other personalities, it's always fun.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

~Firepool~

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »
Favorite Personality? Well, I tend to stick with being the quiet and reserved character or the one who's extremely loyal to his or leader and loves impressing others.

It's fun to roleplay different character personalities though. I try to change it up sometimes, try to be the outgoing character everyone seems to associate with within the group. Though, Roleplaying with a crazy character can be very entertaining. :3

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 02:07:33 am »
These are my favorite personality types:

Fragile with a Strong Heart: I have a few of these characters. A character like this has a strong heart, but a very fragile body. One good example would be Amalthea the unicorn fox. She is a magical animal that goes out of her way to keep the forest and all it's inhabbitants healthy and safe. She has respect for all life, whether it's good or evil. Even though she has magic, she won't use it to bring harm to someone else. She is also a very fragile animal that could easily be broken or killed. She is also shy and would rather flee than fight.

The Shadey Outcast: This character doesn't fit well in a group or a family, and prefers to live the life of an loner. They are considered an outsider due to their loner nature. Members of society view them as different, untrustworthy, and undesirable, because they chose to live alone, or are considered a rogue. This character is also mysterious, quiet, and often times has a stern or unfriendly look. Even though they look sinister, they really pose no threat to anyone. They can't help that they look that way. One of my characters that fits this personality type would be my WC rogue called Burgundy.

The Unlikely Friend: This character is a different species from the friends he or she surrounds him/herself with. This character type does not really descriminate others for what species they are, but rather what their personality is like. This character type is nice, relaxed, willing to listen to their friends problems, etc. My character examples would by Kojak the bobcat, and Kopper fox.

Those are some of my prefered character personalities. But there have been times when I have come across characters that don't go by what the bio says. For example, I once met she-cat queen that was supposed to be the sweet natured, gentle, motherly, with lots of friends, happy-go-lucky type... as what was said in the character bio. But then she met my leader character, Pharaohstar, and did a complete personality change that didn't fit what her character description said. The encounter went something like this... *I used a made up name*

Sweetlilly: -She hissed at the stranger- "If you don't get your sorry carcass out of this territory, so help me StarClan I will cut you open, spill your guts out, and leave you as buzzard food!" she spat.  
Pharaohstar (me):"I would just like to have a word with your leader. Is he here at the moment?"
Sweetlilly: "No," she snarled at the unknown leader.
Pharaohstar: "I have a message I have to give to him. If you see him, tell him that Pharaohstar would like to speak with him. It's urgent."
Sweetlilly: -She rolled her eyes- "Whatever," she hissed, walking off.

That wasn't the first time it ever happened. Is it me, or do some people not know how to stay in character? Her bio told me one thing, but then she acted more like some she-devil.  :-\ If you're going to play as a sweet, nice, she-cat, DO IT PROPERLY! Otherwise put something like, "personality may vary" in your character bio.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:50:35 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive