Author Topic: Recruiting methods.  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Recruiting methods.
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:35 am »
So I saw the "RIP General" thread was still alive and I thought "There must have been other ways of recruiting before."

So I thought I would make a thread where people can post their methods of recruiting without General. It might help some people struggling to start a role play by seeing how others do it.

This is not a thread to post your opinion on general being gone! It's for recruiting methods only.

I personally have never made a group, but I joined groups by simply asking to join after observing a role play for a few minutes, caught a few posts and read a few bios. If I was to make a group now I would start it with a few friends first so we could at least start with a few members, then I would release some movie clips, advertise at some of the hot spots and just role play! People will ask to join when they see you role play if it looks interesting enough.

So what are some of your recruiting methods?

EDIT: Also, if you like, post what puts you off joining a group? I tend to stay away from groups that are sited because they seem to demand more time or get too into the RP.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:49:56 am by TheCuteMonster »

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting methods.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:28:20 am »
Ooh, nice discussion topic. I'm sure this'll help everyone get their new members. ~ I posted a thread a while back listing a few advertising methods, but here's one I think that could be a bit effective perhaps:

I had the thought that the creator of the group can assign the recruiting task for several members. Each member who recruits will be designated to a certain landmark, say one recruiter remains at Stone Bridge while another is at Cape Portal, and another at the + and one more at N / Z.

I'll copy + paste my original idea:

Expand your group by assigning about four to five members a task to recruit. They can spread ALL over the map and search for moar people there.

What I mean is:

I Recruiter : Found in Stone Bridge.
-----------------
This recruiter covers one area of the map, searching for people who are willing to join.
II Recruiter: Found at Cape Portal.
-----------------
Another recruiter from the same group covers that area of the map, doubling the recruitment speed.
III Recruiter: Found at the +.
-----------------
A third recruiter covers another area, tripling the rate.
IIII Recruiter: Found at Y River.
-----------------
Quadrupling the rate.
And so on...

This, I believe, could be an affective way to expand your group in no time.

I'm sure you know what I mean. ~ Cx

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Artemis3915

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:43:09 am »
  Nice idea! and ya i am ok at getting members, i think it helps, well i noticed if you have your members with you and getting along then it helps because others will be more interested by the group and more likely to want and join, though i suggest for first time group creators, to put some sort of task for getting in...
~ART

Offline Artemis3915

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:45:59 am »
    oh and i say that because... i have found, unlike in wolf quest it is harder to find a only one time RP session, so may characters will join a group to rp and then leave... a very hard take for new leaders

this also makes me wonder on a way of setting up a easier way for one time RPing charterers to get in a RPing group.... hmm...
~ART

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:37:57 am »
Personally, in the past I have found that when recruiting if you bring a few people at a time to just prove you are active, and, or have a decent amount of members works. It is also a great help when one can call upon another member's aid when you are receiving too many whispers. When 'this group', as I'm going to call it, would go out we would circulate between taking whispers, and placing ad's. Thus, when one person was busy, the other, whom wasn't would post ad's. This method works quite well in my opinion, and has proved to be the least stressful for me in the past. I hope you find this suggestion useful, ^w^.
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:41:07 am »
I love your methed .exe, and Artemis you're right, no one wants to join a group if no one gets along.

I love the idea of assigning members the task of recruiting, maybe even send them out to sweep and area. If someone approached me and asked me to join depending on the manner they used I would like it and probably join.

Maybe if the whole group went out to recruit getting a look at the amount of members you have could attract people.

Offline Paradise Alpha

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • They say there's no such place as Paradise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:22 am »
There are many possible ways or recruiting. From what I've seen (like other users) that now, people use the movies to advertise their groups. I think it's a decent idea, as long as you don't spam. People might lose interest in the group which just keeps spamming movies 'bout their RP groups. The other thing is; the group that is currently advertising could split into little groups and advertise in different aspects of the island. People mostly (when in need of a RP) go to the Stone Bridge and search there for any decent RP's; people advertising could use an advantage of that and go there to advertise. I agree, that with out General advertising has gone a little down the hole, but that doesn't mean there are no other solutions. ;)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:14 pm »
If you have a group that consists of commonly used animals, e.g wolves, lions, Then a really good way, which is something I like to encourage. Is starting your group through RP. So you rp the starting of your group, then you can rp with some lone strollers, who wouldn't mind an rp, and then they end up joining your group, and you build it like that. This way there's something special about that group, and there's a close bond between the members. It makes the best rp as well, with a unique story line.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:47:45 pm by Kiaz »

Offline Artemis3915

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »
    Thank you ^-^ and yes i agree with these, i have too taken in loners in rps and it has worked well... as well as taking few members at a time and going out often avoids the possibility of ignoring a member in the event of having too many coming in and requesting the leads attention... though another thing...

I have found that setting places for the different groups would be good, by this i mean... for wolf: advertising at the north pole, for lions: stone bridge is good, and for other cats: stone bridge would work but maybe there own place to be... to make it easier and less crowded allowing you to go to your destination based on what group you wish to join.
~ART

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »
I use many methods in recruiting members for groups. I will do from role-playing locally, making movies, going to a certain locations, and so forth. Another method I'm thinking about trying is to advertise on the online forum for that purpose with groups.

And I highly encourage Kiaz's method. When starting a group through role-playing, it makes for a more entertaining. In addition, you have a better connection with the members. I was in at least two groups that used this method and even after several months of the groups being disbanded, I still remember a majority of the people who was in it, their characters, and little details that made it fun.    

Image © Mikita Kavalenka